It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over the Bermuda Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have been reading alot of the stories in the Gray Area Forum lately, and it's made me think alot about something I witnessed many years ago. There are countless sighting of UFOs that are never reported, and like those mine is just a memory that I have that I don't have much explaination for. I thought I would share this with everyone, if nothing else to document what I saw.

I was on a sailboat traveling from Bermuda to Florida with my parents and my brother sometime around 1990. We were about 100 miles off the coast of Florida, probably about 3am in the morning. Since there was only 4 of us on the boat, we were taking shifts of 6 hours at the helm. My father and my brother were in the cockpit talking rather excitedly, so I climbed out of the cabin to see what was happening. There was a strange light high in the sky moving oddly, not moving very fast, but changing direction every few seconds. My father was a pilot, and has spent countless hours around airplanes, so we knew that it was not some type of aircraft because of the movements it was making. We watched it for a few minutes, then I decided to go below and get the binoculars to try to get a better view.

I came back on deck after a couple seconds, and my father and brother were looking at the other side of the sky from where we were observing the UFO. I looked up and saw a bright flash behind a cloud beginning to fade away. I asked what had happened, and my father said that the UFO had quickly went from one side of the sky to the other, disappeared into a cloud, there was a bright flash of light, and then it was gone.

It had moved way to fast to be a plane and traveled from one side of the sky to the other in just a few seconds. We were amazed. The first thing that dawned on us was that we were in the middle of the Bermuda triangle. For the next couple hours we speculated on what it could have been. Just after dawn, we saw several military vessels traveling in the general direction that the UFO had disappeared. Several helicopters and jets were also searching the area. We discussed the event some more and decided that it might have been some type of military plane, satellite, or something of that nature due to the military presence immediately afterward, but we didn't think that any of those things really made sense.

I have thought of the experience many time over the years, and always questioned what it was that we saw. After spending hours reading about some of the other experiences people have had regarding UFOs on ATS, the sighting I had seems very close to what others have seen. If it had simply disappeared, or traveled out of sight, I would have to accept that it may have been a plane, satellite, or something of that nature, but that it moved so fast from one side of the sky to the other, and disappeared with a flash of light behind the cloud left me with no real answers of what it was. I've tried to rationalize it by thinking it was something being burned up in the atmosphere, but I saw it moving in several different directions before I had went below to get the binoculars, and common sense tells me there is more to the story than that.

I'll probably never have an explaination for what it was, nor do I expect validation, I simply do what others have done, tell my story for others to hear, and hopefully encourage them to share the stories that they may have.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Good on you for sharing, sounds like a nice little sighting. Glad to be the first comment that doesnt read 'pics or it didn't....'

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by isyeye

Good on you for sharing, sounds like a nice little sighting. Glad to be the first comment that doesnt read 'pics or it didn't....'

Thanks for the comment. I have always thought that the "pics or it didn't happen" comment rather entertaining. If that is the case, nothing happened before photography was developed. Personally, I could care less if someone believes my story or not. I just felt like sharing it, so that maybe others will see that it's ok to tell your story....even if you don't have a pic.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for posting

I know it takes guts to post experiences like this .

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the read and sharing. As for the pics or it did not happen....not many people had a camera in their pocket in 1990. Easy statement to make in modern times with the size of digital cameras and cell phones. Man, I was still rockin cassette tapes in 90' haha.

Kool story!
edit on 2-1-2012 by decussation because: cuz

new topics

top topics

join