It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad Promoting Ron Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hey everyone. Thought there would have been a thread on this seeing as you guys are so far ahead of the UK in airing TV dramas, but couldn't find anything in a search.

Last night I was watching the superb show Breaking Bad - episode 4, season 4. And at approximately 22 minutes and 4 seconds in, where main character Walter White is skimming through a notebook, one of the pages has what looks like a 'RON PAUL PRESIDENT 2008' sticker on it. Here's a screenshot I found:

The show is about drugs, and in my opinion takes an objective standpoint on the issue, but could it be that the writer/director/producer appreciates Ron Paul's libertarian policy on drugs?

I'm a firm believer that in this world of attention-to-detail - particularly in media and entertainment - a message like this must have been deliberate. I would guess that Ron Paul supporters permeate every corner of America, but those in mainstream media and entertainment know that they can't be open about their support for anti-establishment revolutionary figures and ideologies (in the UK we call this 'Common Purpose' - you toe the government line or you lose your job). Could it be that Ron Paul supporters in influential positions are finding subliminal ways to champion their causes?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Notice the 08...that should of been a clue for you to search and see if this thread has been done before.

This thread has already been made and needs to be moved or closed

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Obviously you didn't read my post. First thing I said was that I'd searched and not found anything. If it's already been done, fine. But you sir need to learn some etiquette.

EDIT TO ADD: Just did an ATS search again - "ron paul breaking bad", nothing obvious in the results. And the sticker says "2008" but like I said, we're only just getting this season in the UK.
edit on 2/1/2012 by Cythraul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I love, love, love Breaking Bad. I'm totally addicted! But I can't get season 4 except by paying $1.99 per episode on Amazon.

I watched all the other sesons, 1-3 on Netflix. Did you have to pay to watch season 4?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Did you have to pay to watch season 4?

No! But yes, great show.

Anyone got a link to the existing thread about this? I'd love to know what other ATS members think of the Ron Paul connection.

new topics

top topics

join