It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Cult Leader's Son

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You say that there was a 75:25 ratio of women to men so that each man can have multiple women. What if the man was gay? What did the cult think of gay people?

Also, how has this experience of the cult led you to your only beliefs/philosophy of life?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hi folks, sorry to have been away for a while. I have a nasty, nasty cold and I'm feeling too stupid to answer the last few questions well right now, so bear with me.

I tried to answer the questions about adolescence a bunch of different ways but every time I tried, I failed to convey the flavor of what it was like, because its probably so different from other people's experiences. I'll come back to that when I figure out a way to express myself a little better. Peace, see you in a bit.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent

"The fact is that you may have a skewed view of things now out in so-called normalcy but what is normal anyways?? 9-5, commute home, American Idol, and a white picket fence? I don't know?"but what is normal anyways??

" Normal is simply the limits & boundaries one has experienced living a life of which they are clear in conscience in relation to ".

Have always felt this statement sums up the concept of " normal ".
Anyone have any others ?

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Looks like this old thread of mine from 8 years ago was bumped so I guess I am still responsible for it. I'm not sure I have much more input at the moment but I'll be around.

As to the question above, "what is normal," I'd say it is simply what any given individual gets used to and learns to take for granted, and it differs vastly among individuals. Even people with superficially similar backgrounds can have vastly different ideas of normalcy.

The writer Philip K Dick defined "Reality" as "that which does not go away when you stop believing in it." I'd say for any given individual, "normalcy" is "that which you assume isn't going away." Needless to say this background "hum" of what we take for granted changes radically even in a single lifetime. What is normal for me now is nothing like what was normal for me as a kid, and I would wager the same is true of most people.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I want to thank you for sharing your story.
I really enjoyed it. I came very close to
getting sucked into magical and Kundalini
cults when I was in my twenties and early
thirties. In two cases, I'd have stepped into
an immediate senior leadership position.
I'm very thankful I was not bereft of common
sense, and my desire to actually research and
not just peddle BS was what safeguarded me.

The path not taken. Thankfully.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this thread yesterday. Very interesting read. Thank you for sharing it.

Also, I’ve sent you a pm. I know the alert system here is faulty, just wanted to give a heads up where it’ll likely be seen.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join