It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are people planning for, seriously.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And about my post about zombie apocalypse I know it sounds crazy, but a zombie apocalypse would have to be something almost out of this world anyway.And if you stop and think about it, the conquistadors went to South America, found all sorts of gold relics, melted them down, destroyed the information, but that information must have made it back to Italy, and that painting, which shows the signal, is sitting in a Catholic Church.
And it shows antenna, 3 hundred years before Marconi.
And so I wateched every sci-fi movie from teh 50's after I saw Plan 9 from Outer Space and there are lots that tell a similar story. And they have some reference to zombies in there. Earth vs the Flying Saucers, - zombie.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, they transpose the story from Peru to Mars, and again, even there, there is a zombie.
And going back further to Metropolis.

It turned out that Metropolis, was a city inside the moon, and it had a flood, and told the story of what happened inside the moon. To some degree.

So its all vague information and hearsay and innuendo and contactee information and no one in authority would ever admit to knowing anything but well who knows. So just in case, I put together a bug out bag, and if it happens, I will be prepared to some degree and if not I have some good quality camping supplies anyways.
And I like camping so its no great loss if nothing happens.

If something does happen? Yeeeeeehaaaaaa! Bring it on baby! Life is a bore, a meaningless work a day frickin bore, I have been married, had kids, got divorced, lived a good life, I still fit and healthy and love a good adventure. And imagine how exciting it would be. People would come from other planets if they could, just to be a part of some wild and exciting apocalypic adventure like that I would think.

And then, most of teh people will be dead and you get to explore EVERYTHING! Go anywhere, explore secret bases, any building, the world will really be filled with danger and excitement then.
So sure, I hope it happens although I expect it will be a trying time if it does. Does it really matter how it ens anyways when no one gets out of here alive anyways? Go with a bang? Go with a wimper? Waste away from disease and old age? Move into an old folks home and watch TV?
Or live in some kind of action movie, by your wits and hopefully with some good comrades you make at the time who also are survivors. Sure, radiation fallout, zombies, disease, all sorts of dangers.
But excitement and probably lots of end of the world sex. Lets not forget the most important part.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
have no idea what i am planning for. i am just planning.

i guess my basic thought is to whittle what i have down to what i NEED (or at least what i think i need right now of what i have, some of which i am sure i don't really need)...and to what i can see better (in case i have to ditch more in the near future)... and to be able to get somewhere if I need to go somewhere and be able to eat, not get too wet unless I'm bathing. basic essential plus.

basically the best I can do right now.

i think that is what everyone should be doing and that will end with varied results but it's actually something that people should perhaps do anyway. cover your basics, and you have access to more? ok, so why not spend money on lets say...instead of that new living room furniture set that will be scratched up in a few years, buy solar panels.

i would recommend get back down to basic and be ready to pick up and go and anything on top of that should be a step in a direction for a better world. either way, it's the best thing to do and doesn't mean you're crazy. it means you are the one in your neighborhood who is NOT crazy.

for some, to prepare might make them feel that they are being a little off in the head and if the end comes, then end comes.... but you could think of it as a transformation of your life and not just for calamity.
edit on 2-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I plan for the worst and hope for the best.
I have a question for you...
With this being the site it is, what connections do you all see with the following...
Rex 84
Underground tunnels
Consintration camps in america
Failing Economy
Amero
Disarming of nuclear weapons with us and russia
The current bills signed for america to have a battalion..here as a standing army..it was not constuttional til now
Imprision americans with no due process as of a week or so ago
Flash mobs
Riots throughout the middle east
Euro bailout
Riots in europe
Iran nuclear program
North Korea nuclear program
Egypts revolution
Syria's uprisings
The crazy weather we have had lately...massive tornado's, fires in texas, new mexico, and arizona
Missouri river flooding
Joplin destroyed
Earthquakes
Sunami's
Oil spills with untold of chemicals to get the oil to dissappear

I know I have forgotten several things that i could mention...but this is within 2 years.
If you see things like consperacy theory with jesse ventura
there is
HAARP
Underground cities the government has been building
9-11
Gulf oil spil
Chemical facilities...testing

The list goes on....what do you all think ties this stuff together?
Where is it going to be safe to go..when/if all hell brakes loose?
What do you do to better your chances of survival if 1/10th of the info is true?
I am just curious as to what you all think or are planning on doing...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
no idea what or where to turn. no idea at all.

maybe many will just have to cross that bridge when they come to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

This is a good question. Everything, I guess. Around the world Nations are in revolt, we are trillions in debt and can't pay our bills, a quarter of the population is un employed or on welfare and the solar system is passing through a cosmic cloud! LOL. Oh and Iran has a Nuke. Other than that, not much to prepare for cause I don't believe in Zombies (well not much anyway untill the CDC published their warning LOL). But serioulsy something is up and its not good, otherwise we wouldn't have an International seed vault and countries and governments advising their citizens and employees to prep, SO ,like the Mormans, I think I will air on the side of caution. A couple years supply of food I can rotate out with my regular pantry, Long term supplies and a good weapon (or two). Just good common sense.

One thing I will advise. There is a lot of junk on the market. Don't waste your money do the research and invest in good equipment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join