It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat resistant material.. 7k degree torch to the hand!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thing about these kind of advancements that I'm interested in is that if they keep heat out dont they also keep heat in? So you could make winter clothing that is just as thin as your normal everyday shirts and stuff. Also firemen could war thinner clothing and get better protection.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
seen this weeks ago on liveleak, pretty interesting as I use torches everyday at work, heat up and melt steel like about 10 - 15 seconds and this guys hand is good to go for so long, so weird....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyTJames

That was pretty awesome! I thought for sure he was a gonner when he was burning his hand hehehe Good find OP!

So my question is how is it made and how much damage will it cost our enviroment to make it and to use it?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

please specify how an oxygen / acetylene reaction can reach a temp of " 7000 degrees "

Sorry mate, Im no scientist so Im unable to verify the validity of the claim made regarding the temperature of the torches flame....

Im not sure if you watched either video but i was just quoting the title, sorry about that ignorant ape

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Video was removed for scamming or something.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

The link above it is better if you wanna check that out, it looks legit to me

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is just amazing... Mostly the heat not penetrating through the material and to the Hand pretty much blows me away.

Just like what crayzeed said is from here:
The material made by an amateur scientist named Maurice Ward who invented the "Starlite".
edit on 1/4/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hmmm get this message from u tube
This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams and commercially deceptive content.

So is this a trick or the real thing?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one said that youtube is in on the coverup yet

And I didn't even get to see the video so I cannot judge for myself, dang. Perhaps it'll reemerge here sometime in the future.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Hey if you cant watch the youtube vid, the liveleak link above it has a better video showing the same thing, You should watch that one. its longer but after 2 mins somewhere he does a wicked demo of how the stuff works. hope u watch it

I think its weird that the youtube vids playing up, bugger!

Edit: here the link i was talking about in post 1...
www.liveleak.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by BillyTJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
First the Maximum neutral flame temperature of oxygen/Acetylene is about 5720ºF NOT 7000ºF
In the video he had the flame carbon rich and that is even colder(yellow flame)likely around 4500ºF

The Maximum neutral flame temperature of oxygen/propane is about 5112oF.
And since one we did not see the bottles he had hooked up and with a carbon rich flame oxygen/propane is down around 4200ºF

And its not the torch heat that lets you burn through steel its the oxidation process where steel actually burns under pure oxygen if hot enough.

The second smaller torch is a MAPP air torch that only goes to 3,670 °F

Both would heat through over time all you are seeing is a short heat through test.

I did note that under the oxy/propane or oxy/Acetylene that his material glassed and that is not a good sign.
most fire brick does not glass that much and (does not spall popcorn like as in the video) and its under weeks to years of very high temps

You could take a 3/4 inch piece of plywood coated with common fire resistant paint and hold the torches to it and it would protect your hand as long a there test did.

The video was good enough to fool anyone but a welder that knows his torches and how to read them.
and has worked with high temps melting metals.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Sweet as, thanks for that.
Im not a welder or any thing, was just amazed that he could blast away at his hand like that after just dipping his hand in some foam, thought that was a wicked sort of technology that should be shared!!

even if it was only burning at 1000 degrees id be impressed at the way the foam deflected that heat, so really the stuff still looks pretty useful to me. Hahah 5000 degrees is a pretty hefty temp in my books!!

cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Your right about something too. The degree in which the material can survive such temperatures is still mind boggling, mostly for something that is Gel like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join