It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat resistant material.. 7k degree torch to the hand!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi every body, haha i think this should fit into this catergory.

Any way, this dude has some AMAZING heat resistant foam, in the video he coats his hand with it and blasts away with oxy acetylene fueled torch going at 7000 degrees. I did a quick search and found nada...

I dont know the science behind the way this stuff works so not sure about whether or not to post it here, it deflects heat some how...

www.liveleak.com...

this link above is better id watch that one, but will post the shortened youtube vid below so its embeded..

pretty cool huh!!! would be useful for many different things, fire fighting, houses, space exploration. Im sure there are many more applications this could be used for as well

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I work with torches nearly everyday, so I know how dangerous they can be.

I have to say...this is pretty impressive. I'll have to look into this some more.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Impressive indeed! Imagine this as a building material.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I saw this the other day and was very impressed.
That guy is pretty crazy, but brave.
The instant it gets through the last little bit of foam, I bet you wouldn't even feel the torch put a hole in your hand.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That has some crazy potential, first thought i had was shoving a canister inside the airbag unit in cars, coat everyone, instant firesuit!

amazing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyTJames

All I can say is insane! To the eyes, it would appear that he should have burnt his fingers off after the first few seconds at least but the gel or foam doesn't seem to heat up at all. Magic stuff and cool find!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Holy sweaty palms batman...that's impressive..I mean really impressive..maybe they can pack that around some type of motor or electronic components...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So that is how they handle those seemingly impossible speeds inside the atmosphere and while coming and going. Hmmm...

A couple months ago, we were treated to sudden demostrations of not one but TWO totally different technologies for forms of invisibility we're supposed to believe just happened to hit the same phase of development at roughly that same time.
Now we're treated to the view of material that is impervious to thermal effects....at least in the ranges it would be relevant to what we all believe we've been watching for years, and I don't mean the Shuttles.

I wonder what we'll see slip out for the public to view..and start getting used to..next? By the time they show us one of these ships we've been hearing, we'll have all seen the pieces of what makes the whole so we aren't even shocked anymore.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Im glad others are finding this impressive as well!

I wish i had more knowledge of chemistry or something to actually under stand how it works. Haha if this man has this stuff in his own shed, which it kind of looks like, makes you wonder what sort of other tech is developing out there with expensive funding and the works

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Do you think this material is "Starlite?" There's a thread on it here:Starlite It seems awfully similar to me.

Interestingly, for all your conspiracy fans, the stories on Starlite seem to be disappearing, almost as though the military got it and decided to classify it.

Here's one story on it from 2004: Starlite - The Guardian (UK)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah exactly what i was thinking, u beat me to saying it. It looks just like a man in his shed cooked it up, so your right under government funding etc one could imagine the possibilities. Its sad to think how many things are classified and suppressed

None the less would be great to see this stuff go commercial, like he says race cars, fire fighting, houses could all be made abit safer with this stuff. Depending on how hard expensive it is to produce could make big bucks with things as trivial as oven mits lol.

Im not sure if this is the same as that starlite material, i had a quick geez at the link to that thread from 04 and lots of the links were deadends but could well be the same. Id be interested to know what its called

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Well I know how Aerogel works, and it provides similar protection as seen 6 seconds into this video:

This video goes into more detail about aerogel, it's basically fluffy sand with air spaces in it, and air is a good insulator when it's compartmentalized like that.

QUEST Lab: Aerogel - KQED QUEST

I have no idea how the stuff in the OP video works. It's an impressive demonstration but I'd say the guy is a little crazy to put his whole hand at risk like that. It does make an impression though!
edit on 1-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Damn that aerogel was wicked, haha especially its hydrophobic nature.

Thanks for sharing that, im sure what ever that foam was works due to similar properties so those videos were interesting to me. Haha this stuff is looking like old news now. ATS never fails to impress me with just how much stuff is on here.
edit on 1-1-2012 by BillyTJames because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Pretty neat stuff!
I could imagine there would be thousands of applications as fire retardant material of some type....
Then there is the industrial applications....
graphene move over!
Im thinking your are on the money with the starship idea....
We could build one ourselves by the time they tell us its been built....
By the way.......Over 6000 patents have been suppressed by the US gov boys.
Either on national security or other grounds.
I wonder exactly what they are keeping for themselves........
This information gap is widening between the public and the intelligence services/MI complex.....
The fifty years behind public will not even be able to imagine where science has gone even......as the more exotic advances are constantly snapped up and hidden for the private use of the shadow goverment.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wonder if something like that could have saved the WTC.
edit on 2-1-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its been removed off Youtube due to a "scams" policy. So I guess it was a scam, and Youtube didn't want people to try to make their own foam and burn their hands off

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

before we address any other claim for this " invention " :

please specify how an oxygen / acetylene reaction can reach a temp of " 7000 degrees "

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yay for flex-seal...
2nd

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In reply to the starlite reference which was brought up on ats 2004. A couple of years ago I wrote to the Discovery channel trying to get them to do a program about technology that was tentatively released then burried for some reason and starlite was one of them. Reply ! Not enough interest. I remember when starlite was shown on british television on a program called Tomorrows World. The inventor was a North of England hairdresser and had stumbbled on the formula while mixing standard chemicals for hair shampoo/ conditioner sometime in the 70's. The 6 inch square piece he bought on the show they tried to fry an egg with a blowtorch on it then immediately handled it with bare hands with no heat felt. From there a few months later the BBC did a program following the inventor when he went on a trip to NASA with his agent. Because he was highly afraid of being ripped off he did not even trust his agent with any technical information (the only ones who knew the formula were himself and his daughter). The program ended with the inventor dismissing his agent and the BBC and going into closed meetings with NASA and an undisclosed agent. Now I'll say this to all American people on here. Whatever NASA says the tiles of the shuttle are made of I could almost guarantee these are made with starlite.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm sure many years ago, A British fireman cam up with a material that was fire retardant/flame proof, using the same chemicals used in the absorbent part of diapers, anyone remember the full details?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join