It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Presidents and President Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
As some of you may know, an alarming bill was signed by our President (Happy 2012) that was majority-voted in Congress. It is a bill that has been circulating for a while and though previously Obama vetoed its early forms, he passed it this time - much to the alarm of American citizens.

This bill (to sum it up crudely) would allow for the lawful detainment of US citizens, even including men and women who have fought for our country, or radical free-thinkers, as American terrorists. The definition is so broad as to what they want to consider a Homeland terrorist that it seems like the law can bend to their will. Well, it can, because that's what they want. We are already aware how bad Congress is above the law. Where would these people be detained? It doesn't specify, but I can imagine a little name like "FEMA camps" comes to mind.

Obama signs Defense Bill.

Which is very scary. Fascism at its finest. And who is to blame? Well the most popular answer right now is President Obama. Obama signed the bill. Statistics show Obama has poor ratings. Facts show he didn't come through with the "change" he was promising, and on and on it goes. It's nothing new to American citizens, it started with President G.W. Bush for the media to sensationalize it (Please keep in mind that's not the be-all end-all, President Nixon and President Hoover were viewed as infamous). Shortly after 9/11, I remember the Dixie Chicks (no, not a fan, just remember the story and the stir) caused a sensation by publicly stating in an interview that they did not agree with the way President Bush was handling the situation. For country rockstars, that was hugely un-patriotic, and the backlash that hit them was all over the media. Fans were boycotting their concerts, selling their tickets, and publicly bashing them for not standing behind their President. That's long gone, because shortly after, everyone got on board with disagreeing with the way the President ran things. It became a popular trend for the nation to hate Bush. Beyond mock him; hate him. When it came for re-elections, I remember the slander everywhere: the news, media, bumper stickers on cars and trucks, signs erected on private property while driving down the road. "Bushisms."

And now, the media is fueled by more than money - they are getting paid by political parties/agendas to rock the boat. It puts money in the pockets and manipulates the masses. I think our favorite was "nuclear weapons in Iran." I'm watching this trend with Obama. The articles (or junk) that I see on Yahoo! alone is so incredibly biased. I don't mind the truth if it hurts - but I don't want to be hoodwinked. I don't want to be told fabricated reasons why I should like or dislike one politician. I have completely lost my hope in politicians.

Which leads to Presidents. The American President is the Man of the Free-living world. Most powerful among nations. That's a lot of glory, right? No wonder Romney wants to go from a salary of millions to approx. $400,000 a year and leave his mansions for the White House. He's got my vote for best mansion (GOP Presidential Candidate's homes.) . What can a President do if he is elected Leader of this so called free-world with his heart in the right place and the big dogs pissed off he's defying their agenda? The assassination of President Kennedy was a real eye-opener for the American people. Rumor has it he was offed for wanting to get rid of the federal reserve, suspicious circumstances surrounding his murder didn't help clear up questions. Is it really so hard to think that a President does not have the absolute power that is so brightly glorified and horribly blamed if a man doesn't do right? Who knows the kind of knowledge, and top secret knowledge hidden from the American people, that a President knows. Obama could know the backwards agenda of a few rotten politicians and actually NOT have the power to stop them as President. I repeat, a President may not have the untold power to do what he wants, or stop who he wants. Which is why it seems so foolish to me when I hear "this would all be better if President so and so was elected." Mother %^&*ers you re-elected Bush. The man (or woman) to be elected President is in for a harsh awakening. That when they get into office, all that beautiful change he or she promised was unattainable for the American people long ago. Because people with too much power %^&*ed it up.

You think the next Presidential election is going to be magical? You think it's going to save every US citizen and every American problem? Wake up. It goes way down deep beneath the surface - more than one man playing puppet of the Free World. You think half these fogies going on vacation are actually on vacation? Wake up. There will be a fight going on for every US president elected between freeing the people or enslaving them.

I can only HOPE that the future of any President, man or woman, black or white, Republican or Democrat, has a sturdy foundation for each person to lay claim to any "change" he or she might hope to accomplish, without any puppeteer work involved. Only then would electing the right official into office change anything, but first, we've got to make politicians above the Law and the Constitution accountable and take back that corrupting Absolute Power before it crushes the American people.

-Un

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
He signed it with an attached statement. If he would have vetoed it would have been passed in Congress regardless and the President would have much less input in its implementation. The problem is Congress, not the President.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Yes. That was one of the points. Congress holds more blame than Obama. Hope you read the whole post.

edit on 1-1-2012 by UndesirableNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Seems like a copout to me. Obama signed it but he didn't want to sign it. Just like it's not his fault the economy sucks under his watch because of what he inherited. What is President Obama responsible for then? Anything?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

The reason for him signing this cannot be revealed now but trust this gives us a valuable tool against The SCUM!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

The reason for him signing this cannot be revealed now but trust this gives us a valuable tool against The SCUM!

Not buyin it. He signed it because it's the agenda of the NWO and Obama is just another President controlled by the Shadow Party and the CFR.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Look at the bigger picture and a new truth will emerge!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

PLEASE...actually research this stuff rather than blindly follow the conspiracey hype.

Congress and the POTUS signed the bill after several passages were added to address just these kinds of irrational fears...including the following

19 (e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be
20 construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to
21 the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident
22 aliens of the United States or any other persons who are
23 captured or arrested in the United States.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lets see:

the Patriot wasnt ended but expanded its powers

and this bill and they always go around screaming the Right is FASCIST!!!!!

Um well folks theres no problem that government can't solve the Government is here to save you and keep you safe.

Welcome to the largest expansion of Goverment Power in US History all at the hands of the current Potus and they yell at me for being partisan.

Well they earned it.

new topics

top topics

join