It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone discredit or debunk Nick Begich?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have just recently watched the video "Holes in Heaven" featuring Nick Begich. I also have the book "Angels Dont Play This HAARP." I am a novice when it comes to physics but I love to learn and the topic of brainwave entrainment really "resonates" with me. So when I read in the book about HAARP being the worlds largest brainwave entrainment device and in the movie they talk about the potential to trigger earthquakes with HAARP and cascades of E.L.F. interacting with the earth and therefore every living thing on earth I get excited. I have seen Nick Begich on The History Channel talking about this subject and his credentials seem legit and he does seem to know what he is talking about, and that is what worries me....It seems like if, oh I dont know, I or some other guy decide to write about a brainwave entrainment device no one would take us seriously (and rightly so) but almost always someone will debunk or attempt to debunk incredible theories or accusations. I cannot think of a bigger story than an antenna array that can seriously effect the mental and physical functioning of humans and trigger earthquakes, i.e. every super villains dream weapon. Where are the James Randi's of the world? Why are they not pissing on Begichs credentials or wearing tin foil hats on The Discovery Channel...is it all legit? I never thought I would call for the opinion of a douche like James Randi however I find it hard that not more people are crying out about HAARP being B.S. I don't want to believe!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
His credentials?

Begich received Doctor of Medicine (Medicina Alternitiva), honoris causa, for independent work in health and political science, from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines, Colombo, Sri Lanka, in November 1994.

www.earthpulse.com...

Sounds good. Lets find out something about the institution.
From 1998.

The University readily agreed to award a doctorate on Falguni Mehta soon after receiving her application and subsequently conferred it when she paid $195 as legal notarisation fee.
www.expressindia.com...

"A colleague determined that there was an 'OUI' in Sri Lanka, but it is called Open International University for complementary medicine, and it is not an accredited medical school.' For an additional fee of $400-US, outstanding students are awarded an M.D. (which is their abbreviation for Masters Degree) or other degrees such as B.Science, or extra credentials. (Parenthetical comment his.)

"We were told that 'OIU' has additional prizes such as 'the Albert Schweitzer Award and Knighthood' (for an additional fee of $400-US)." (Parenthetical comment his.)

www.chiroweb.com...

Oh my. It seems the good "doctor" may have gotten his doctorate by mail order from a known diploma mill. But he does like to put that "Dr." in front of his name.

Begich spouts a lot of nonsense and he is a snake oil salesman.
www.earthpulse.com...#

HAARP cannot cause earthquakes and the ELF radiation which it can induce is of such low power that only very sensitive instruments can detect it. Natural ELF radiation produced by the effects of the Sun on the ionosphere is hundreds of time more powerful.

edit on 1/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok. So the History Channel IS spouting a bunch of nonsense purely to scare the populace? Why would Begich spout such nonsense? I doubt he is getting rich off of this....but I do not know....What he says about external ELF interferring with the brains electrical activity, which operates in the ELF range, (delta, theta, beta, alpha) makes sense to me, entrainment is real....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Why would Begich spout such nonsense?

Why do "birthers" spout nonsense?
Why do "truthers" spout nonsense?
Why does Greer spout nonsense?
Why does Icke spout nonsense?
Why does Wilcock spout nonsense?
Why does Fulford spout nonsense?
Why do "chemtrailers" spout nonsense?
Why does Taitz spout nonsense?
Why does Hoagland spout nonsense?

You get the picture now?

A much better question would have been "Can anyone back up the nonsense Nick Begich spouts?"

edit on 1-1-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I am not sure he is spouting nonsense. Hoagland only sometimes spouts nonsense, Greer, well ya no one needs to debunk him, he does it himself, just silly. As to Begichs credentials maybe OIU is a diploma mill, maybe not but he was twice elected President of both the Alaska Federation of Teachers and the Anchorage Council of Education. So probably not a complete moron. I have been reading a book published in the 1970's titled "The Cycles of Heaven" and there is much information about research that had been done as far back as the 1940's regarding very weak magnetic fields and their effect on animals and human consciousness. It also talks about infrasound and other forms of energy and the effects they have. Look to the work of Micheal Persinger. Skeptics like to quote his work to debunk "alien abductions", mystical experiences.... His "God Helmet" uses very weak em fields to change consciousness.

The debate as to what effect "EM pollution" has on consciousness has been going on for decades now with research saying it causes much change to those sensitive (look up Albert Budden) to very little to no effect. What about directed energy? Anyone remember this:
So flustered!!

We all know the cliche of the paranoid guy with tinfoil trying to stop "waves" from messing with his mind, and I hope I am not coming off as that kind of guy here. I find the mind/body connection fascinating and have no doubt that external fields whether acoustic or EM can have a profound effect on our consciousness. Begich SEEMS legit, particularly when you compare him and his ideas to the "work" of Greer, Icke, Salas... he is not really in the same category. I would compare the work of Begich to that of Flanagan, Puharich, Beck, Bearden...The old "Open Minds" radio program guys. These men are not flakes, and they know what they are talking about when it comes to energy....That vid posted above with Persinger really got to me. When he said "suppose you generate a field that causes fear, fundamental fear...." Phage please read my signature link and tell me what you think of my experience. Also, if you do not mind, could you tell me a little about yourself? Education, interests....thanks. I did not mention the date of my experience. The first night was early May 2001 and the rumble, as we called it, would occur throughout the summer...the summer prior to 9-11-01. From the page: www.insteadof.com... "Human tracking and monitoring technology are well within Calspan's sphere of pursuits. The company is instrumental in REDCAP, an Air Force electronic warfare system that winds through every Department of Defense facility in the country. A Pentagon release explains that REDCAP "is used to evaluate the effectiveness of electronic-combat hardware, techniques, tactics and concepts." The system "includes closed-loop radar and data links at RF manned data fusion and weapons control posts." One Patriot computer news board reported that a disembodied, rumbling, low-frequency hum had been heard across the country the week of the bombing. Past hums in Taos, New Mexico, Eugene and Medford, Oregon, Timmons, Ontario and Bristol, England were most definitely (despite specious official denials) attuned to the brain's auditory pathways. Its all coming together......

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

I don't think being elected president of a teachers' union (or two) would qualify one to be regarded as an authority on anything. Begich is a con-man. I enjoyed the Jesse Ventura clip where he cons Ventura into thinking that he was sending auditory signals directly into his brain. Of course, it's appropriate that he was using bone conducting headphones. Not hard to fool a bonehead, but how can you take someone who would pull such a stunt seriously? How can you take anyone seriously who uses a piece of paper from a diploma mill to put a "Dr." in front of his name.
www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Richard Dawkins was not impressed with Persinger's toy.

Dawkins, renowned for his biological theories as well as for his criticism of religion, volunteered to test Persinger's electromagnetic device—the "God machine," as some journalists dubbed it. "I've always been curious to know what it would be like to have a mystical experience," Dawkins said shortly before the experiment. Afterward, he admitted on BBC that he was "very disappointed" that he did not experience "communion with the universe" or some other spiritual sensation.

discovermagazine.com...

I'm not sure what a question about "high powered microwave technology" have to do with the topic? HAARP does not produce a directed energy beam or microwave frequencies.

edit on 1/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have an alternate theory on HAARP, with about as much evidence as the typical theories on HAARP, which is to say little or no; what if there is something they are not telling us, but it is not that HAARP is trying to destroy the Earth's magnetic field, or cause earthquakes, etc, etc, but instead to maintain and stave off changes that are long overdue and occurring?

I mean, what if the world was going down the tubes, falling to catastrophe, and all that was keeping us going, for what I don't know, we're these actions that people like us think are aimed at destroying us?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage I appreciate your responses. Yes I am going a little off topic with the directed energy/microwave talk but it is related to at least what Begich is talking about. I just do not understand why he would be allowed to talk bunk on so many programs radio and television. Yes of course you should not believe everything you read or see on t.v. but it is hard to believe that respected channels like the discovery channel and the history channel would put pure b.s. on. At least they would have a disclaimer stating something to the effect that "Hey this guy Begich might be a total con-artist and just making # up, so his opinions and ideas do not reflect those of us at the History Channel." With a show like "Ancient Aliens" that is just a given regarding the people on it a disclaimer is not needed, I get that. I am wondering what your opinion is of the "Hum/rumbling noise" that has garnered many posts here on ATS. Also could I please get a little more info about you....I do take you seriously and appreciate the level headed responses but I would like to know how old you are and what your topics of expertise/appreciable knowledge are. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Phage, what is your opinion of Patrick Flanagan? "In 1958, Dr. Patrick Flanagan invented the Neurophone in Bellaire, Texas when he was 14 years old. This electronic device transmits sound through the skin, by-passing normal hearing. A family friend who was a patent attorney for Shell Oil, helped Patrick submit a patent application. The patent examiners thought that this was just sound transfer through bone conduction and refused to issue a patent for 12 years. In a rare meeting in 1970, the patent office agreed to examine the Neurophone for themselves and meet Patrick and his attorney. They both encountered a surprise. The examiner had a deaf employee attend the meeting to test the device. The man was totally nerve deaf in one ear and almost totally deaf in the other. Patrick showed him how to use the Neurophone and played a record of the famous Maria Callas singing an opera. As he was able to hear the undistorted beauty of her voice, the tears of joy streamed down his face." - www.worldtrans.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Begich is a slick talking, snake oil selling, con-man. Nothing more. "Allowed" to talk? If people listen, why not? It sells advertising and that's all radio and TV are about.

I've never experienced the hum so I can't really speak on it but I live quite near a military air base and often hear a rumbling sound. Even though I can't always see its source, I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it.

Without more information, I don't see any reason to connect the hum/rumble people are hearing to any one particular thing. There are many possible sources but as I said, I haven't heard a rumble for which I can't make a pretty good guess at.

edit on 1/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Alright, I got your opinion, thanks. Let me guess.....Flanagan is a fake too, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wonder though.... Is the INFORMATION fake? Is it? Im not real concern with Nicks credentials... Really.

IF we are in the process of a geomagnetic reversal would we want to know all we could about the Van Allen, our atmosphere and the like?

I wonder...

Why are we at the same time studying the Van Allen and Mars? Just because? Is it to study the atmosphere and figure out what happened to it? Thats likely. Makes sense...

We have been seriously studying and experimenting the Van Allen as of late because we....

A. Just want to know
B. There is reason for concern
C. Both A and B

Im not convinced we are NOT going through a reversal. How long would it take? No one knows. They THINK several thousand years or more. I saw the other day where a Nasa guy answered ( on NASA site) " im not sure how to answer that, i was not here 700000 years ago".

We know it happens, we just dont know the duration.

I for one will be researching this information in hopes its wrong.

www.earthpulse.com...

It seems the good doctor/ nun was an advocate for our Earth and wrote a few books. The link above is written by her.

She passed away In June... www.indcatholicnews.com...
edit on 15-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I just do not understand why he would be allowed to talk bunk on so many programs radio and television.

Tv and radio has shows on bunk like astrology, numerology, homeopathy etc etc. There are fake "psychics" all over tv and radio.

What makes you think tv and radio is all truthful?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Alright, I got your opinion, thanks. Let me guess.....Flanagan is a fake too, right?

In 1977, Flanagan told a press conference that he had 15 gold needles embedded in his body at a cost of $1,000, in the belief that this would make him immortal.....

During the 1970s, Flanagan was a proponent of pyramid power. Flanagan wrote several books and promoted it with lectures and seminars. According to the Skeptical Inquirer, during the planetary alignment of 1985 Flanagan "charged up a number of crystals full of pyramid energy during the alignment and offered to give one free to everyone who signed up for his $145 seminar near San Francisco

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, actually he is.

top topics

join