It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speculative Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Came across this interesting article when i was browsing the web.

Lifting lid on judges' secret society

An unprecedented legal hearing into a secret society which boasts some of Scotland's top judges among its members opened in Edinburgh yesterday amid claims the judges' membership breaches human rights law.

Anyone heard of these guys before? The impression i get is that it may be an offshoot of Masonary.Seems a lot of powerful people in Scotland are members, including Judges.They say that its just a debating society that people get involved in.But why the Secrecy?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Came across this interesting article when i was browsing the web.

Lifting lid on judges' secret society

An unprecedented legal hearing into a secret society which boasts some of Scotland's top judges among its members opened in Edinburgh yesterday amid claims the judges' membership breaches human rights law.

Anyone heard of these guys before? The impression i get is that it may be an offshoot of Masonary.Seems a lot of powerful people in Scotland are members, including Judges.They say that its just a debating society that people get involved in.But why the Secrecy?

I'll probably get some flak for this-

First Foot web site
"As to corruption of the justice system it seems that Masonic influence within the police is likely to be more of a threat. On judicial conduct and attitudes the continuing class bias in favour of the middle and upper classes and the influence of adherence to outdated religious doctrine in an increasingly secular society must surely be of greater concern."

Here's a membership list (same source as above)

Why are Americans members of a �good group of old men� that just read books and things in Scotland?

The Dunblane Massacre is of course prominent on this Google search with links to masonry (don't shoot the messenger guys) Over 260,000 listings, pretty heavy stuff.

Star Chamber personified.

at Britain Express
The power of the court of Star Chamber grew considerably under the Stuarts, and by the time of Charles I it had become a byword for misuse and abuse of power by the king and his circle. James I and his son Charles used the court to examine cases of sedition, which, in practice, meant that the court could be used to suppress opposition to royal policies. It became used to try nobles too powerful to be brought to trial in the lower courts. Court sessions were held in secret, with no right of appeal, and punishment was swift and severe to any enemy of the crown.

Bartleby says much the same thing.

The members of these �groups� cry foul when questioned- is there any reason they shouldn't be suspect?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Some big hitters on that list, cant be that secret if they are that easy to find. Im working on my Motorbike so i havent had the time to look for my self. Strange that they arnt more well known. I wasnt aware of any connections to Dunblaine but ill have a root about when i get the time, sounds like interesting reading.
So are they Masons or and off shoot, or are they a completely indipendant Orginisation? I personaly dont see the Masons as a threat to anyone but im interested in why this "Speculative Society" are so secretive about who they are and what they do.
They also call themselves a "Brotherhood" which is what Masons call them selves isnt it?

And the Masons have connections to Scotland i.e. the Scottish Rite as well?
Im not an expert on Masonary so if i have taken the connection out of context i appologise.

EDIT: Edited for addition.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Janus]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Seems like they have very little do with Masonry, if anything at all.

And you're quite correct, the Masons are no real threat to anyone.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602

Hi, LTD602
Have you ever heard of these guys before? Any info you may have would be apprecited, its peaked my interest a bit now.That is of course as long as it dosnt break any oaths of Masonary or anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nice bike- what is it?

Looks kind a 'hot'

I just have an old H-D to trike around on.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Nice bike- what is it?

Looks kind a 'hot'

I just have an old H-D to trike around on.

Thanks
Shes my pride and joy, Honda NSR 125 RR Supersprint. Im licenced to ride bigger bikes but they arent really practical where i live. Prob the best 2 stroke 125 racing bike you can get apart from maybe the Aprilia.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hi, LTD602
Have you ever heard of these guys before? Any info you may have would be apprecited, its peaked my interest a bit now.That is of course as long as it dosnt break any oaths of Masonary or anything.

No, I haven't. Best thing would be is to ask a Mason. Hehe . . . I doubt they'd be breaking any oaths by discussing it.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Hi, LTD602

No, I haven't. Best thing would be is to ask a Mason. Hehe . . . I doubt they'd be breaking any oaths by discussing it.

Ah ok, sorry i thought you were a Mason. Hopefully one will see the thread and give a little input.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well who ever the "Speculative Society" is they seem very shady charicters indeed. Interesting article from the News of the World by Ex Grandmaster Lord Burton. It seems that there may have been some kind of cover up regarding the Dunblaine shootings.The newspaper describes them as "Super Masons" heh heh i had a vision of Masons in full regalia flying around the sky.
It must be noted though that Lord Burton does not in any way suggest that the Speculative Society are Masons or connected to them in anyway.

'Speculative Society' Linked to Dunblane Massacre

Also it seems Lord Robertson got into a bit of a fluster when it was found he had links to Thomas Hamilton, the gunman responsible for the killings.But then if i had known him i would have tried to put some distance between us as well.

Robertson considers action over web allegation

Nothing conclusive but interesting none the less.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No, "Speculative Society" has nothing to do with Freemasons though the occasional member might be a Freemason. It's sort of an "old boys club" made up of very elite white males (and males only) that had a lot to do with business practices and tweaking the laws.

We've seen this sort of thing in Texas politics, though not to that extreme. It's sort of a hallmark of old style Chicago politics.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Chicago politics? Do you mean gangsters? Sorry but im not familier with the term. Do you mean some kind of Gangsterism?
If you have anything else on these guys would you be able to share it Byrd?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Chicago politics? Do you mean gangsters? Sorry but im not familier with the term. Do you mean some kind of Gangsterism?
If you have anything else on these guys would you be able to share it Byrd?

I don't know about that reference but look at these as a 'club' gone awry. (aka Tammany Hall)

Did you see the movie Gangs of New York? If so, think about any similarities, if not you may want to.

Proof positive that 'closed groups' just don't work for the good of society. (at least in America (U.S.))

I have been wrong~

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well id have to agree with that in the case of these boys, seems some very important people are involved in the Scottish justice system and that cannot be good. So do you think they are a kind of White collar gang manipulating the system for their own ends? If what Byrd suggests is correct, that they are "tweaking" laws then that in itself suggest conspiricy dosent it?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well id have to agree with that in the case of these boys, seems some very important people are involved in the Scottish justice system and that cannot be good. So do you think they are a kind of White collar gang manipulating the system for their own ends? If what Byrd suggests is correct, that they are "tweaking" laws then that in itself suggest conspiricy dosent it?

The Star Chamber movie (Michael Douglas) depicted American judges that met in secret and hired hitmen to go get (kill) criminals that the judges did NOT find guilty!

Based on a real case in So. Calif.(USA)- there are some real concerns for people.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just be careful about making assumptions about Masonry, based on this.

By the way, don't tell me you get your information from a movie. lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If they are a debating club as they assert then why the Secrecy? If all they do is hold convesations about current affairs and the like then why the effort to play down the fact that they are members at all?
A question to Masons: Is a Mason allowed to belong to the Masons and to a Society like the "Spec?"

LTD602 im really trying not to jump to conclusions about this, im just trying to get a better understanding as to who or what they are and get a better understanding of something i have no real experience in and what their agenda is. If of course there is an agenda at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

A question to Masons: Is a Mason allowed to belong to the Masons and to a Society like the "Spec?"

Freemasonry cannot dictate to its members which organizations they can and cannot belong to. However, if some organization that a Mason belongs to is involved in criminal activity, such Mason can be expelled from Freemasonry for knowingly participating in it.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Freemasonry cannot dictate to its members which organizations they can and cannot belong to. However, if some organization that a Mason belongs to is involved in criminal activity, such Mason can be expelled from Freemasonry for knowingly participating in it.

Fiat Lvx.

But would there not be a conflict of interests? surely a person cannot be expected to swear an oath of secrecy to the Masons and to another Society.If he did so and was put into a situation that could damage both Orginisations what would he do?He would be torn between the two wouldnt he?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

But would there not be a conflict of interests? surely a person cannot be expected to swear an oath of secrecy to the Masons and to another Society.

Not at all. There are a great many Masons who are also Elks, Knights of Pythias, Woodmen of the World, Oddfellows, etc. Agreeing to keep the secrets of Masonry as prerequisite to Masonic membership has nothing to do with other organizations.

If he did so and was put into a situation that could damage both Orginisations what would he do?He would be torn between the two wouldnt he?

I can't think of any such situation occuring. My membership in the Elks or Knights of Pythias has nothing to do with my membership in the Masons, and vice versa.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Masonic Light]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join