It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Surge Back Into Zuccotti Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

More than 300 people associated with the Occupy Wall Street movement gathered in Zuccotti Park on Saturday and, in a return to scenes from earlier in the year, held a general assembly meeting, chanted the now familiar slogan “We are the 99 percent” and experienced a bit of friction with security guards.

At about 7 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, about 100 people started flowing into the park, according to witnesses, and someone erected what was described as a small tent built for a child. Two young girls, who were at the park with their mother, began playing inside.

Here we go again. NYE is the perfect opportunity to reoccupy, and of course they seized moment. While reports say 300 people, I'm hearing some saying over a thousand on newsfeeds. It doesn't look like occupy is going to go away. They will just keep coming back....

Source

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Lol. That's kinda funny. I totally support these guys enthusiasm, but I need an all around final agenda before I can march with them.
They get an A for effort.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Did they say why they showed tonight of all night? Were they carrying signs protesting NDAA? The bill was signed tonight and they show up tonight. What a coincidence. If they are going to protest hopefully its about something of importance.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Did they say why they showed tonight of all night? Were they carrying signs protesting NDAA? The bill was signed tonight and they show up tonight. What a coincidence. If they are going to protest hopefully its about something of importance.

That would make it an opportune time to protest, I agree. Obama did add a revision that said citizens suspected of being a terrorist would be handled by civil court systems instead of the military... but.... that's not much of a concession....

top topics

join