It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Energy Return Wheel ERW©

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I did not find this in search but found it interesting that I have not heard of this reinvention of the wheel.

The video (link below) is from 2008 and I am surprised this technology has not been embraced by the Automobile and other idustries that use wheels and tire technologies in their vehicles and devices.

Check out the video
Souce

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting.

He says that the tire could be thought of as a seemless piece of the car, instead of something that has to be replaced. I'm sure the tread does have to be replaced from time to time, i don't see a way around that. i wonder how easy it is to replace it?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Learn something new every time I sign in here, loves me ATS.

I am surprised this technology has not been embraced by the Automobile and other idustries that use wheels and tire technologies in their vehicles and devices.

Probably because tires/wheels are big business, especially being made partially from oil. Also, better mileage and less gas consumption means less money spent from consumer. Reminds me of the notion for a potential cure for cancer, which would take mass money from the system of treatment. The same may apply for tires, if there is a "cure" for ephemeral tires, many industries stand to lose dinero. Capitalism is great, but at the same time it seems to hold us back at times, limiting the advent of revolutionary technologies that empower the individual more than the industry.

Peace,
spec

edit on 31-12-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Those tires might be good but they will probably cost more than 500 bucks each, I can buy a lot of gas for 2 grand.

People forget to consider price, like the segway its a good idea, its just a battery, 2 motors and computerized controller but but they cost about 6 grand, thats ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

join