It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for all Americans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you had no financial or personal reasons holding you back, where would you choose to move to and why?
Would you go somewhere tropical?, somewhere off the grid? somewhere with a different style of government than here in the USA. What would you look for to find a better place for your family?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I'd probably move to Aussie or New Zealand to be honest. Gorgeous nature all over, we NEVER hear about them in the News for any war stuff, the world leaves them alone. Plus the weather is great. I can't stand the cold like I get here in Illinois. BUT if worse came to worse and suddenly Aussie and NZ weren't able to be moved to, I'd suck up the cold and move to Svalbard Island North of Norway. Like a dozen people live there. Not many have even heard of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well ideally i'd say somewhere far away from everyone else where i'd be self sustained and not have to worry about all of this crap.

realistically i'd say france because of the healthcare or svalbard island or whichever country is the most atheist, probably austrailia
edit on 12/31/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i would move with the penguins and live with them

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Speaking as an ex-Brit living in NZ.....

whilst NZ may look like a great option from a geographic/socioeconomic point of view I can tell you the grass is not so green on the other side of the fence. I will never try to deny that NZ is an astoundingly beautiful and primal country with a very low population density and plenty of room to find your own space in but we are having some serious issues with our "elected" leaders.

we are being ruled by a global centric NWO sycophant ex banker who's employment history includes working for Merrill Lynch as head of FOREX and derivatives and working as a personal advisor to Alan Greenspan for the Federal Reserve (check this link if you want to learn more - www.indymedia.org.nz...)

we have the largest city in the South Island being pounded by some very "suspicious" earthquakes and we are getting chem-trailed into extinction, our population are docile and apathetic to political process and their own health and we have a massive amount of untapped oil/gas under us which will makes us a prime target for financial invasion and takeover (if it hasn't already happened)

oh and to finish it off we have absolutely no defences against hostile invasion with a sustained effort by TPTB to erase our armed forces.
edit on 31-12-2011 by TreehouseIndustries because: poor grammar

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
If you had no financial or personal reasons holding you back, where would you choose to move to and why?
Would you go somewhere tropical?, somewhere off the grid? somewhere with a different style of government than here in the USA. What would you look for to find a better place for your family?

I would not go anywhere. If there really is some kinda plot to great a one world gpvernment-NWO, and if a depopulation really is there plan, there is nowhere you could hide, IF people packed up and went to say the Alps, are the locals from the Alps gonna accept them? I live near the border, literally out in the middle of no where my chances of survival are better then if I fled.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I left a long time ago. I've lived in Argentina, Brazil, and now I'm in Mexico and loving it. I'm going to the beach tonight where there is a giant free music festival. Not quite Times Square, but awesome.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'd move to Greenland based on its sparse population.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think Svalbardland seems cool. There is only like 1200 people there. But, if the SHTF, there would be like nowhere to get supplies!
Nepal would slso be very cool, I would love to live somewhere in the mountains next to a quaint little village and a cool Buddhist monestary with 10000 steps!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Although not American, I would prefer moving to one of the most isolated Islands that's not covered in snow
St Helena..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

For me, there is nothing but a blatant, unrepentant patriotism; I love my country but... I love the US southeast even more so, I am where I really want to be. In the long run, I feel safe here because I know that if push comes to shove, this region will once again choose independence from the central government rather than succumbing to it.

But that said, let me also state... without any doubt, the last time that kind of thing happened, this region made a huge mistake. Slavery, in any form, was then, is now and will be forever wrong. You can't build a new nation on foundations that deny liberty to all, without regard to race, gender, religion or political bearing.

I am a firm believer in what is often called 'state's rights' but I am an avid believer in equality for all. I find that any prejudice based on the superficial is a horrid weakness and a certain avenue to downfall. In my personal vision, there would never again be any nation on Earth that would stereotype or enslave any person or persons by such grouping.

So, again, I am happy here and it is here I will live and here that I will someday die. So long as the US government adheres to the constitution, I will support it with that life. But if someday she dances away from it in hopes of gaining greater control of this free people, I will oppose her.

edit on 2-1-2012 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

The great General Longstreet said it best when he said "we should have free'd the slaves and then fired on Fort Sumpter". Just think of what our country could be today had the Confederacy won the war. Slavery still would have been outlawed but we would still retain more freedoms and keep a close check on our government.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
To turn the table on this one for a second...

whilst many may think I'm crazy if I wanted to more to the US, where would you recommend I go? I dont like cities and get cranky when its too hot so.......any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TreehouseIndustries

I would suggest Alaska as being the most beautifull state, the northern border states are nice as well. these are all areas where not alot of large city's exsist. My personal favorite is the upper peninsula of Michigan. Very beautifull and never gets too hot.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thanks for that, I was considering Alaska, what are the firearms laws? I have an NZ firearms licence but how would that transfer to Alaska, if you would be kind enough to humour my questioning.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

There are no laws in Alaska for the most part. I believe any non felon can open carry without a permit. And of course no automatic weapons without the proper ATF permits.

There is also a huge gold rush happening all over Alaska with the majority of it in the Klondike.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Where?

Greenland.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

well isnt that interesting, I have been involved in the gold industry in NZ (designing machinery for improved recovery) if I'm a skilled person would getting a work visa be viable (feel free to tell me to get lost if I'm asking too many questions)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure about work visas but people are flocking to that area like crazy to find gold so jobs shouldn't be hard to come by

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i'm not sure the place is an issue so much for me. i'd want to be near people i love. i might just stay where i am but move to a nicer neighborhood and then just travel the world.

new topics

top topics

join