It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah and the great flood, unanswered questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Hellhound604
hey, there were 2 of every animal on the ark. Including penguins, Polar bears, snakes, crocodiles, elephants, lions, tigers, mosquitoes, every type of insect, every type of worm, nematode, parasite, etc, etc, etc, AND enough food for them all. Sheez, didn't you read your bible?

The Bible never says Noah took "2 of every animal" on the ark.

Which Bible did you allegedly read?

In fact even more:

1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

So, of "clean beasts" 7, and of all other beasts, and birds and animals, 2.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by AQuestion

Happy ATS-membership-anniversary!

So, do you, AQ, believe in the Ancient Aliens idea of visitors mixing DNA of species?

Dear wildtimes,

I had forgot this was my anniversary on ATS. Thanks for pointing it out. I tend to side with Jacque Vallee regarding aliens. After years of study of UFOs including working with Hyneck, he concluded that they were not alien; but, of a different dimension. Their actions resemble those of what we used to call demons. If we accept for a moment the stories of those claiming to be abducted, they are usually pretty bad. Whether demons or aliens, they are not our friends and certainly would not be playing with our genetic code to help us. IF you believe in the stories of abduction one would wonder why they would want to interbreed with humans in the first place, would you want to have humans interbreed with dogs, it would not make us more human; but, instead would make us less human. And I am not saying that you would believe in such a thing, it is more of a rhetorical question.

I believe there is life in the universe, I just don't believe that it has traveled here. I understand that others do and that is okay with me, just want to point out where I am coming from in my answer. I hope my answer was responsive to your question. Peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Had to bring this up, since it was touched on in another thread, but was off topic.

As a child, they taught me that the great flood was a global event, but I now see others were taught it was a local event. Specific to the black sea region.

Also
I believed two of every animal were put on the ark. Now I find others who tell me there were only 40 animals on the ark.

If you're truly interested in hearing what us Christians, or more precisely, young-Earth creations believe then why start a thread on ATS asking random normal folks these questions? Why don't you spend time reading what young-Earth Geologists, Astrophysicists, Biologists, etc have to say about the flood/ark?

You can start HERE.

And don't complain that it's a "biased Christian website", the purpose of this thread is to find out what young-Earth Christian's think about the flood/Noah's ark.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

If we accept for a moment the stories of those claiming to be abducted, they are usually pretty bad. Whether demons or aliens, they are not our friends and certainly would not be playing with our genetic code to help us. IF you believe in the stories of abduction one would wonder why they would want to interbreed with humans in the first place, would you want to have humans interbreed with dogs, it would not make us more human; but, instead would make us less human.

Some say it was to colonize or experiment ... but, actually, in a literal answer to your rhetorical question: I think dogs are better than many, many humans. Loyal, loving, honest, genuine, and sincere. Actually, I have a lot of faith in and love for my dogs....their positive reception of me every time I re-enter the house (and it doesn't matter whether I've been gone for 45 seconds to get the mail, or 4.5 days on a visit somwhere) they are happy to see me, and affectionately greet me.

Just sayin'....
I'm still on the fence about alien abductions, but will admit that sometimes I wish they'd (if it's real) come and get me....just so I might know.

Peace, namaste, blessings, and all those sign-offs that are indicative of friendliness!
--wt

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

young-Earth creations believe then why start a thread on ATS asking random normal folks these questions?

Huh? Young-Earth creations? What is that? (Or more: Who are you?) Never heard of that "crowd" before...
and random normal folks have equally valid opinions, NOTur.

Why did you not answer my reply where I posted the "new version" Bible story of Noah's ark? Nor the Shurulini's post saying there were 7x all the "clean", etc.?

edit on 1-1-2012 by wildtimes because: to change response from NOT to NOTur

Second Edit to correct Shurulini...
edit on 1-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

It says "two of every KIND", not two of every animal.

"Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you, to keep them alive." ~ Genesis 6:20

Insects were not on the ark other than the ones that came with the animals and Noah and his family. God said to bring the animals with the "breath of life in their nostrils".

Insects "breath" through their exoskeleton.

Here.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

So, what DOES it say, in your book? (pun intended)
Obviously there are people here who want to hear the version you find factual.

How many animals of every kind did Noah take into the ark?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Dear wildtimes,

And lots of friendly thoughts back at you.

Some say it was to colonize or experiment ... but, actually, in a literal answer to your rhetorical question: I think dogs are better than many, many humans. Loyal, loving, honest, genuine, and sincere. Actually, I have a lot of faith in and love for my dogs....their positive reception of me every time I re-enter the house (and it doesn't matter whether I've been gone for 45 seconds to get the mail, or 4.5 days on a visit somwhere) they are happy to see me, and affectionately greet me.

I love my dog also. He never seems to tire of me.

I understand what many people think about this issue. If we were to colonize another planet, I don't think we would want to create a new type of human and interbreed. As for an experiment, that can be done in a test tube. While I am a Christian, I have no reason to believe that Mr. Vallee is, he has certainly never said he was. If we ever met other beings claiming to be aliens, I would be very suspicious. I would be particularly concerned if they were able to "unlock" our ability to see other dimensions. I don't know if you are familiar with '___'; but, if not I recommend that you look it up on YouTube and listen to what people have said about their experiences.

Peace. By the way, I love the term namaste, such a pleasant way to see each other. Namaste.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

It says "two of every KIND", not two of every animal.

Sorry, what exactly is the difference here ...?

Two of every kind means two of every kind of animal. 2 tigers, 2 lions, 2 elephants, 2 sheep, 2 rhinos, and so on.
Which at the end (even if we discount the similar species or subspecies) would still be ca. 30.000 x 2 = 60.000 animals.

In Islam it is understood that Noah took 2 (male and female) of the animals in his care.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

young-Earth creations believe then why start a thread on ATS asking random normal folks these questions?

Huh? Young-Earth creations? What is that?

Sorry, meant to say "creationists", just a typo.

(Or more: Who are you?)

Ron, nice to meet you.

Never heard of that "crowd" before...

Wow, it's a typo. I've read about a hundred of your posts in the past couple weeks, when did you start being a spelling/grammar Nazi? Please chill.

and random normal folks have equally valid opinions, NOTur.

I'm not saying our opinions don't matter, but why not ask the people who professionally work in the field in question?

Calm down, I'm getting to your posts, I'm still on the previous page. Wow, are you late for an appointment or something?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Sorry, what exactly is the difference here ...?

What's the difference??? Do you really need to ask that??

Two of Every Kind

2 Dogs.

Two of every animal

2 Dalmatians
2 Cocker Spaniels
2 Great Danes
2 Labrador retrievers
2 Rottweilers
2 German Shepards
2 Chihuahuas
2 Poodles
2 Wolves
2 Coyotes
2 Dingos

Do I need to continue, or do you get it now?

edit on 1-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

What's the difference??? Do you really need to ask that??

Two of Every Kind

2 Dogs.

Two of every animal

2 Dalmatians
2 Cocker Spaniels
2 Great Danes
2 Labrador retrievers
2 Rottweilers
2 German Shepards
2 Chihuahuas
2 Poodles
2 Wolves
2 Coyotes
2 Dingos

Do I really need to continue for you to get the drift??

Chill out. I already explained that above. I said, even if we discount similar species or subspecies, we are still left with ca. 60.000 animals.

So, YES, only 2 dogs, and not 2 dingos + 2 dalmatians, etc.

We are STILL left with 2 elephants, 2 lions, 2 rhinos, 2 tigers, 2 gnus, 2 aligators, 2 giraffes, and so on and so on.

60.000 animals.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Sooooo....he had cages and stalls, and only baby animals?

I'd bring babies for two reasons. They are smaller and require less provisions and animals "height" of reproductive capabilities is during their first year. Example, the most advantageous time to breed a female dog is during her 2nd heat cycle.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Sooooo....he had cages and stalls, and only baby animals?

I'd bring babies for two reasons. They are smaller and require less provisions and animals "height" of reproductive capabilities is during their first year. Example, the most advantageous time to breed a female dog is during her 2nd heat cycle.

Even if we take the dimensions of the ark given in the Bible as fact, it is hard to conceive there would have been enough place for 60.000 animals, let alone all the food (for over 3 months!) for all of them.

I still maintain that he only took 2 animals of the local stock present in the region where he lived.
edit on 1/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Sorry, meant to say "creationists", just a typo.

okay

Ron, nice to meet you.
You too!

Wow, it's a typo. I've read about a hundred of your posts in the past couple weeks, when did you start being a spelling/grammar Nazi? Please chill.

Sorry, yeah, I'm quite pedantic. I realized after re-reading your post that you probably meant "creationist"...
so, answer to question: LONG time ago...my parents drilled it into me.

Calm down, I'm getting to your posts, I'm still on the previous page. Wow, are you late for an appointment or something?

Naahhh. just interested in what you have to say, actually.

ETA: Oh crap! Here's what I meant to get to:

20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

How Did Noah Fit All the Animals on the Ark?

According to the Bible, the Ark had three decks (floors). It is not difficult to show that there was plenty of room for 16,000 animals (the maximum number of animals on the Ark, if the most liberal approach to counting animals is applied), assuming they required approximately the same floor space as animals in typical farm enclosures and laboratories. The vast majority of the creatures (birds, reptiles, and mammals) were small (the largest only a few hundred pounds of body weight). What’s more, many could have been housed in groups, which would have further reduced the required space.

It is still necessary to take account of the floor spaces required by large animals, such as elephants and rhinos. But even these, collectively, do not require a large area because it is most likely that these animals were young, but not newborns. Even the largest dinosaurs were relatively small when only a few years old.

Caring for the animals on the ark.

I am chill, I'm sorry, today was a very rough day for me. I'm going to relax in the bath and read my book, I'll be back in a few. It's fine to disagree with someone, I apologize for being disagreeable.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

Yeah, by the way, when his people saw the loooooong line of animals going to the ark, wouldn't they have finally believed him and went into the ark too?

That would have been pretty awesome proof that what he was saying must have some merit.

link   

I still maintain that he only took 2 animals of the local stock present in the region where he lived.

Are you still maintaining that it was a local flood only? If that's the case then why did God tell Noah to take birds on the ark? If not, then nevermind, I'll save that bullet for another day.

link   

While I am a Christian, I have no reason to believe that Mr. Vallee is, he has certainly never said he was. If we ever met other beings claiming to be aliens, I would be very suspicious. I would be particularly concerned if they were able to "unlock" our ability to see other dimensions. I don't know if you are familiar with '___'; but, if not I recommend that you look it up on YouTube and listen to what people have said about their experiences.

Dear AQuestion, I will do so! And thanks for your kindness and communication!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Nice 2 meet u too. Why did you quote the same Bible verse I did? I'm not exactly sure what your question is about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join