It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since 1916 Every 2nd Term-Seeking President's Opponent Has Belonged To This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sounds confusing but basically, since Eisenhower, every leading candidate running for office in a president's 2nd term election has been a member of................ You guessed it!!

!!!!!!!!

Let's see...

Verify This - Link #1...
Verify This - Link #2...

If you can't verify through these, you can wiki their name and search for "council on foreign relations"..

Looks like if we can't get Ron Paul the nomination, it AIN'T gonna be Mitt Romney! Monster Gingrich is a CFR member as well. Awesome, just awesome.

Your thoughts?
Good day...
edit on 31-12-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

edit on 31-12-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 31-12-2011 by rstregooski because: more beer

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Actually, hold on.. It goes back further. Adlai Stevenson WAS a member as well, and it goes further. I'll update in minute.,.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I disagree. Every President seeking their first term has been CFR since the time Kennedy was killed.

They don't even let them get party nomination without being CFR.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

You're claim's a bit off. What you are showing are cases where a president has run for a second term and won. Carter ran for a second term in 1980, but lost to Reagan. The same goes for George Bush losing to Clinton in 1992.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by rstregooski

You're claim's a bit off. What you are showing are cases where a president has run for a second term and won. Carter ran for a second term in 1980, but lost to Reagan. The same goes for George Bush losing to Clinton in 1992.

I see your point with Reagan, didn't realize that. But Clinton was and still is a member..

Hopefully RP can be the Reagan "mistake" they made...
edit on 31-12-2011 by rstregooski because: fddf

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
I disagree. Every President seeking their first term has been CFR since the time Kennedy was killed.

They don't even let them get party nomination without being CFR.

Not quite.. Reagan, Bush Jr. (even though daddy was), and our dear ruler Obama..

new topics

top topics

join