It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through the Great Rift/2012 Perhaps? Part I (rest will follow in thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hello ATS members,
I am GovSpy911. I am pretty new to this site. I have read a lot of articles here, and even made some responses. I like a good debate when I can get one, and even play the devils advocate sometimes to get both points out. I see there are some intelligent people here. I want to share a theory with you. First of all, two objects can never touch because you can always divide the distance between the two by half. That is not my theory really, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Here is my theory, which is in addition to a few very well known and ancient thoeries.

The earth is changing, we all know that. Perhaps human kind has a lot to do with it, perhaps we had little to do with it. I feel that we may have helped it along a bit, like helping a butterfly out of its cocoon. At this point, I'm not too sure it matters. Something is always inevitable, the natural cycle of our planet is surely inevitable. As above, so below. Just like we as humans live through cycles, from inhaling and exhaling, to waking and sleeping, and so on, the universe around us lives through cycles as well.

One of these Great Cycles is the passing through the Great Rift. This "rift" is a plane between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres of the Milky Way Galaxy. This plane exends from the Milky Way's Galactic Center outward to the edges of the galaxy. There is a black hole in the center that is millions of light years across, and as thin as a sheet of paper. The Great Rift is created by this black hole and has a very important magnetic effect on the galaxy.

Just like here on Earth, remember as above, so below; the galaxy has a Northern Hemispehere, and a Southern Hemisphere. If you flush a toilet in the Northern Hemisphere the water will swirl around in a counter-clockwise direction, and it swirls clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere. This occurs because of the two different, North and South Poles. The Great Rift has North and South Poles just the same. They are the Galactic Poles. You would not want to go anywhere near them, see black hole. When Earth passes between the poles, through the rift, and into the Galactic Southern Hemisphere, the Earths Magnetic Field will change positions.

Pole Shift started out very slow, only inches per year. As Pole Shift progresses, it compounds its speed and gets faster, the faster it gets....so to speak. Pole Shift is progressing along now at about 80 mi/128.75 km per year, and getting faster. Once the North and South Poles reach the Equator, the rest of the shift will occur very rapidly, like when you suck something up slowly with a magnet. The object starts out toward the magnet, and then bank, click, it's stuck to it. The Earth will be in line with the Galactic Equator at the same time the Earths North and South Poles are in line with Earths equator. There will also be an Electromagnetic Affect.

(I have to take a short break right now but I will go ahead and post this.)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

I have recently wondered what effect could come from the perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy in 2012, but I think you are surely on the right course to apply the Coriolis effect and a magnetic field on a galactic scale

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911
If you flush a toilet in the Northern Hemisphere the water will swirl around in a counter-clockwise direction, and it swirls clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere. This occurs because of the two different, North and South Poles.

Coriolis effect

no consistent difference in rotation direction between toilets in the northern and southern hemispheres can be observed.

The idea that toilets and bathtubs drain differently in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres has been popularized by several television programs, including The Simpsons episode "Bart vs. Australia" and The X-Files episode "Die Hand Die Verletzt".

Several science broadcasts and publications, including at least one college-level physics textbook, have also stated this.

Coriolis
edit on 30/12/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: text

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis

suggests that there have been geologically rapid shifts in the relative positions of the modern-day geographic locations of the poles and the axis of rotation of the Earth, creating calamities such as floods and tectonic events.

No form of the hypothesis is accepted amongst the general scientific community.

There is evidence of precession and changes in axial tilt, but this change is on much longer time-scales and does not involve relative motion of the spin axis with respect to the planet.

However, in what is known as true polar wander, the solid Earth can rotate with respect to a fixed spin axis.

Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred, but that no super-rapid shifts in the Earth's pole were found during this period.
Pole_shift

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And a little humor

A mathematician and an engineer are sitting at a table drinking when a very beautiful woman walks in and sits down at the bar.

The mathematician sighs. "I'd like to talk to her, but first I have to cover half the distance between where we are and where she is, then half of the distance that remains, then half of that distance, and so on.

The series is infinite. There'll always be some finite distance between us."

The engineer gets up and starts walking. "Ah, well, I figure I can get close enough for all practical purposes."

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911
One of these Great Cycles is the passing through the Great Rift. This "rift" is a plane between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Hold the cracker box right there.

"North and south" depend on magnetic fields. Individual stars have magnetic fields and the galaxy has a gravitational field...but gravity doesn't determine north and south.

There is a black hole in the center that is millions of light years across, and as thin as a sheet of paper.

You might want to recheck your sources. Black holes are spheres (balls). You can't have one that's very wide but paper thin. It doesn't work like that.

The Great Rift is created by this black hole and has a very important magnetic effect on the galaxy.

Check some of the astronomy sites. The "Great Rift" is actually dust from the stars along the plane of the galaxy. It's not paper thin; it's billions of miles wide, and we're actually in it.

Just like here on Earth, remember as above, so below; the galaxy has a Northern Hemispehere, and a Southern Hemisphere. If you flush a toilet in the Northern Hemisphere the water will swirl around in a counter-clockwise direction, and it swirls clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere. This occurs because of the two different, North and South Poles.

It'd do that in the absence of a magnetic field. What's causing that to happen is called the "Coriolis effect" -- you might like to look that one up.

The Great Rift has North and South Poles just the same. They are the Galactic Poles. You would not want to go anywhere near them, see black hole. When Earth passes between the poles, through the rift, and into the Galactic Southern Hemisphere, the Earths Magnetic Field will change positions.

Actually, it has to do with the molten inner core of the Earth.

Pole Shift started out very slow, only inches per year.

Actually, the poles were (as far as we could tell) always wandering around.

As Pole Shift progresses, it compounds its speed and gets faster, the faster it gets....so to speak. Pole Shift is progressing along now at about 80 mi/128.75 km per year, and getting faster. Once the North and South Poles reach the Equator, the rest of the shift will occur very rapidly, like when you suck something up slowly with a magnet.

What they've found is that the magnetic field gets weaker (though the poles stay in place.) It disappears and then reforms with the poles reversed. The Earth has done this many times in the past and nothing particular seems to happen when it does.

There are many good websites on astronomy. There are many bad websites on astronomy. Sadly, you seem to have gotten some of the bad ones.

Check to see where amateur astronomers hang out (they study stars and the night sky) and then find out what links THEY say are good. Hobbyist astronomers aren't in the pay of any government, so you'll get honest answers.

The sites where you got your basic info -- they were making it up.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
All of your posts may be right. Like I said, this is a theory. I don't have all the facts, hell I don't even have all the questions. Your posts will be helpful in my construction of a big picture, though the sarcasm can remain in the closet, as if I don't know what an astronomer is.
Whatever causes the "rift", so there are others, I call this one that because that is how it was presented to me. We were discussing this long before Google so forgive me if some old info surfaces. None of that is really relative to the end of this anyway. The effects that the Galactic Center will have on the human body is the most important. We can talk about the shape of a black hole, or the actual scientific name of these phenomena, but the important thing is when these things all come in to play and go through their cycle, it will effect anyone on the planet.
There is a reason why so many ancient cultures kept a close eye on the sky. An event occured, and they wanted their future ancestors to know when it would occur again, so we would be better prepared. Remember, the human body basically runs on electricity. Without the electric current our bodies generate, we cease to function. This is part of a natural cycle. If humans did not experience cycles where populations were diminished in order to make way for renewal, eventully we would all be standing shoulder to shoulder with no room to move. The Earth and the Universe have their own ways of keeping things in check, no matter what we think we can do.
Some science suggests that it is millions of years before we enter the Galactic Center.
These are some pretty bold numbers being we can barely see beyond our own galaxy, and know very little about how it all works. A lot of astronomy is theory, and from time to time, it is wrong.
I want to take a hard look at what kind of electromagnetic effect this event may have, and lets assume for a moment that this event will occur rapidly, lets say in a years time. With pole shift increasing steadliy, lets also assume that we have already begun the journey between the to hemispheres of the galaxy. Have you ever had a power outage, just for a moment. When the power returns, all the lights that were on come back on. Most appliances will come back on as well. But, there are many things that do not come back on by themselves, not completely. Your clocks will be flashing, the microwave needs to be reset, and some alarm systems need your help too.
During an interview I watched with a South American Shaman, he described something like this when talking about the human body. He was saying that some of us would be effected the same way, that if our electrical system were disrupted, not everyone would restart on their own. I will post a link at the bottom so I can get your thoughts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Im reading a book called Quadrivium that stated that during certain epochs, earth, the sun, and the central galactic mazz align once every year. According to it, as of recent, this alignment happens every "midwinters day" otherwize known as the winter solstice. So December 21,2012 will be...as was December 21, 2011.. Its just anotber puzzle piece to the emerging paradigm. Be patient, not long.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I do not wish to hinder your creative thinking here but I would like to point out a few things that we do have a pretty clear understanding of.

One of these Great Cycles is the passing through the Great Rift. This "rift" is a plane between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Don't confuse the difference between The Great Rift with the Galactic Plane.

There is a black hole in the center that is millions of light years across,
Remember that the diameter of the entire Milky Way is only about 100,000 light years across.

The stellar disk of the Milky Way galaxy is approximately 100,000 light-years (30 kiloparsecs, 9×1017 km) in diameter, and is considered to be, on average, about 1,000 ly (0.3 kpc) thick.
en.wikipedia.org...

If you flush a toilet in the Northern Hemisphere the water will swirl around in a counter-clockwise direction, and it swirls clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere. This occurs because of the two different, North and South Poles.
As others have pointed out this is called the coriolis effect. It is a fascinating phenomena in my opinion. Hurricanes are also subject to this effect. The coriolis effect is cased by inertia, the resistance to acceleration. The Earth's rotation is considered an acceleration and cetrifugal force is the inertial effects. The curved apparent motion that is observed is due to centrifugal force and the nature of rotational motion.

When Earth passes between the poles, through the rift, and into the Galactic Southern Hemisphere,
Our solar system is currently in the Milky Way's southern hemisphere. To determine which pole is north we need to use The Right Hand Rule. Using magnetic north to determine the north pole of any celestial rotating body doesn't work well since these poles flip quite frequently. Our own Sun's north pole flipped back in 2001 and is scheduled to do so again in 2012, or every 11 years. If we follow the right hand rule then we can see that our solar system is actually upside down compared to the Milky Way galaxy. Here is an illustration I made a while back showing this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3136968c80e.jpg[/atsimg]
Notice that following the right hand rule we are actually tilted by 120° rather than 60° to the Milky Way's galactic plane.

When Earth passes between the poles, through the rift, and into the Galactic Southern Hemisphere, the Earths Magnetic Field will change positions.
This may well indeed have some interesting effects but not anytime soon.

We are currently 'above' the plane... by about 75 to 101 light years.

How long until we pass through the galactic plane?

Based on the solar system's current position (27 +/- 4 pc, or 75 to 101 light years) above the galactic plane and the fact that we are currently moving away from it, with an estimated passage through it about 3 million years ago, we are not due to re-encounter the galactic plane for quite some time. We won’t be back through the disk for another 30 million years!
www.2012hoax.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Keep in mind that the idea that our solar system is passing through the galactic plane is most likely based on 2012 propaganda. The counter to that idea, that we passed through this plane 3 million years ago and are not passing through again for another 30 million years, is based on celestial observation. Although we should be critical of both sides of this argument it would be better to dismiss the propaganda and embrace the scientific observations.

As the Earth spins and orbits the Sun it also wobbles. The Sun is also moving in a sine wave up and down through the galactic plane dragging all the planets with it. The galaxy is also spinning dragging everything with it inside yet this rotational motion is not a simple one. The galactic arms are rotating faster than the stars within which mean that we get caught up in a cluster with a galactic arm and eventually pass through accelerating and decelerating as we go. There are far more motions involved here than we are currentely aware of and this all makes it very difficult to asses where we are and where we are heading.

edit on 12/31/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

As I pointed out in your other thread we passed through the galactic plane 3 million years ago. I will also point out that if your theory were correct we could expect a geomagnetic reversal every 30 million years or so. However, the geological evidence does not show this to be the case. Instead they occur much more frequently. I'm talking on the scale of one every 0.1 - 1 million years. In fact the last one occurred 780,000 years ago. The reversals themselves also take 1000 to 10,000 years to complete. They are not instantaneous. There is also no indication that such an event would have a significant impact.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Stop throwing all these numbers at it. You don't even understand these numbers. I am losing my train of thought. I am an adult autistic, and I know recently what that means. I need to finish the rest with video because I have a very hard time with thought processes and typing. Most of what I want to tell you comes from within and trying to make it out to be scientifically believable is impossible. I just want to tell you what I am here to tell you and I went the wrong way to do it. I am not even typing this, I have an aid that does her best, and she is frustrated too. Im going to video this and post it. I look foreward to your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Thanks for that. That is helpful.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There are many large misconceptions in the OP as correctly and nicely posted by a number of other posters.

If the numbers give you problems don't think that others have problems with numbers.

The point is to learn from your mistakes and to move forward.

new topics

top topics

join