It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the US isn't the biggest perpetraitor of genocide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
When I posted the news of Powell declaring the events in Darfur as "genocide" I suggested he was the most qualified to do so as he was in the employ of one of the biggest genocide machines there is: the US Armed forces.

I cant find my post any more, maybe it never made it to the board who knows.

Any way there is no refuting this statement as it has been well documented as american policy, to ensure access to resources and to gurantee "favorable investment conditions" for American capital.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Do you even know what genocide means? I think you meant the greatest commiter of atrocities worldwide. But that's not right either:

The 30 worst bloodlettings of the last century:

Death tolls here.

We've propped up some horrible regimes like the Khmer Rouge, but to say we're the worst committer of genocide isn't really correct. What instances are you citing as irrefutable? If you're talking about Iraq, I agree we shouldn't be there. But that isn't genocide. Afghanistan? No.

Odd

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The U.S. is not even CLOSE to the biggest perpetrator of genocide in the history of geopolitics.

In fact, on behalf of all those slaughtered in the bloody purges of centuries past, and on behalf of the United States of America, I take offense to the very suggestion. You're making a mockery of the millions of lives lost in Middle Eastern and African nations over the past few hundred years, and more recently of the thousands of Jewish Europeans killed during World War Two.

You might not like the USA, but that doesn't make it evil.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I only know that last sentury was the bloo'dies ever

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Corinthas I have noticed that you blindly accuse US soldiers of being terrorists and providing no backup. I take this time to challenge you to a grudge match in the Debate Forum about this issue.

The USA does nto come even close to being genocidal. Genocide is defined as accoridng to the BBC link as.

Killing members of the group
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

Genocide is essentaily racial/ethnical murder. The US is not killing Arabs or blacks because of hatred. We are targeting Arabs since the terrorist and millitants happen to be Arab.

Communism has commited more genocide than the US.

Corinthas, name 3 instances where the US commited genocide. And even before you bring it up, slavery would not be genocide. If it was many many nations would be/have commited it. We did, the Romans, Africans, Arabs nearly every nation at one point enslaved another race.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Corinthas

By saying that the US has committed the largest genocide in the history of the world you're not only offending fellow Americans, such as myself, you are also making light of and showing disregard for legitimately horrific genocides like those under Stalin's Soviet Union (where an estimated 30 million were killed), Hitler's ethnic cleansing, and the Armenian genocide of the 1910's. Not to mention that you show an immense amount of disrespect toward our military (without which you wouldnt be able to enjoy the freedoms you are allowed today). I know that everyone's entitled their civil liberties and freedom of speech, but I would suggest that you do some research before you make such an absurd post.

join