It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Pretty scary the it's a possible model for pushing laws all over about rainwater restriction. Also, maybe if China was not stealing water(as claimed), US states in drought and in danger may have less of a problem...
edit on 30-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: edit

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ha well don't be surprised when some c***sucker politician comes along with polar springs to sue .....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

So if you have a tropical rain storm and your house is flooded because of it or damaged by rain can you then clam the damages back from the government ??

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

No man, woman, or child should be punished for gathering Government and Corporation polluted water, or for not being able to purchase WATER. This is ridiculous, if you could not pay your water bill, and I can only speak for Americans, but as a whole the majority of us are doing without in order to purchase FUEL, WATER, and ELECTRICITY... leaving little or nothing for food.

If nothing else, we should be applauded when we hunker down and SURVIVE, we should be allowed to be self sufficient. It takes hard work to stay put, work your land, gather and purify the water that you need to survive and grow your own food, so forth and so on.

Anyone getting the picture here? Because I honestly believe there is a bigger one than PROFIT.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am adding a link that i feel is very important here and to many other threads on here in regard to technologies, free energies and everything in between. I am not trying to bump my own thread as all i am doing is trying to share a website that i came across regarding everything they dont want us to know. As well as obtaining water.

Yes the web page isnt the best to look at but i swear to you and all that read it, you will share it with as many as possible.
Peace and love to you all.
Here is the link to my thread Link to thread

and to prove i am not trying to bump my thread here is the direct link to Rex Research

It is jam packed with everything

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
Australian farmers who collect rainwater in their dams have to pay every year... its complete BS.. How can the government tax something they dont provide? Whats next? paying for the oxygen we breathe?

But PreCog, it is not next-- it's already here. They can't tax the oxygen we breathe, but the
NWO is legislating the taxation of what we EXHALE. Carbon Credits or you go to jail for
poisoning the air with carbon dioxide. At a fraction of a percent of the atmospheric volume
that greenhouse gas is supposedly a very nasty thing for the environment (in total disregard
of the fact plants breathe it and fart oxygen). But never the less THEY know better, and Lord
Christopher Monckton is a kook... that's why Al Gore won't debate the real issues with him.
But at this, I indeed wonder if it's possible one's brain can develop an itch like trigger finger?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This would make me very hot, as I actually have to pay my local water company "storm water runoff fee" . The fee is based on the amount of land on my property that covers grass/dirt. Any asphalt concrete or structures. So I have to pay for my rain not hitting the ground.

If I collect that, it's mine!

edit on 30-12-2011 by emaildogs because: Sp

I just thought about the car dealer. He was probably boasting about his new green car wash and somebody, probably a rival knew someone to drop the hammer on ole greeny.

Lesson is : make it green and shutup. You will reap the savings. Monsters won't notice.
edit on 30-12-2011 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
I've seen this .....and all I have to say is good luck catching my educated ass .....

Politics, and bureaucratic crap ... is what makes this ethical ....
I have some colorful language for those that try and enforce this bull #

i couldn't have said it better. laws are in fact only enforceable if enough citizens feel they should be. when that tipping point comes closer to more people saying screw that, well then that law will be worthless.

i believe the old saying goes, you can only corner a dog so long before it bites you, and probably not in the ass.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What a load of poop!you cant collect rain because its not yours in the first place,ive never heard such crap in my life.How would the government like it if told them they cant breath in the air thats around them because it belongs to someone else.The people of the world should unite together and make a stand for what we believe in,which is free energy and a better government because this is fcuking terrible.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
More than 10 years ago, I remember getting aggravated when a private company took over managing the public water in the California community I owned a house in. I think water should be controlled by the government, and not by a corporation with shareholders. I wouldn't be surprised when someone with the energy to dig up the information could piece together how corporations are behind this. The first time I heard about not being able to collect rainwater was also around the time I noticed that water management is being grabbed up by corporations for profit.

I think if the concept of human rights that some people have is legitimate, water and air are things that belong to us all.

That being said, let me tell you the real reason I decided to post here. With everything I read, stating what is wrong with the atmosphere, I ask myself if I really want the rainwater.
edit on 30-12-2011 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I suppose when my water has a govt serial number on it then they have something to say.

If your name is written on the side of your bucket the water belongs to you. do as you please.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The water wars are just ramping up. I live in a rural area. Everyone up here has a well for their drinking water. They put in their own wells, paid for by them. Maintained by them.

Several years ago, the government decided they should jump in and make sure our water was safe for us to drink. Now, this area is famous for Mama Nature's artesian aquifer riddled throughout the mountains here. Pure, sweet, no chemicals water.

Not only did they try to put meters on our wells, they also tried to force us to implement a system of of having our water tested. By that I mean, we would have to collect our own water in their government provided containers, and ship it to their facility to have it tested every 90 days. Oh forgot to mention, we would have to pay for this new service.

The backlash was immediate, and forceful. Needless to say, we are not forced to do what they want.....yet.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
As ridiculous as this idea sounds.. maybe there is a valid reason for it, you have to always look at both sides of the story.

collecting water in barrels may not be the major concern. We need rainwater because of the water table, if that water is diverted or stopped, the consequences can be devastating.

one example of when i lived in France was a neighbour had a stream running through his property, he had all kinds of wildlife and plants thriving from this.. another neighbour in an adjacent property decided to build a huge pond which he diverted the water running from the stream (also running through his property) into his pond.

almost instantly neighbour A's stream had dried up, after some time the plants died and wildlife left, leaving a huge part of his land dry and barren. When he confronted neighbour B he was told to shove off and even contact with the local council was to no avail.

So sometimes when you look at the bigger picture there is a method to the madness.. having said that.. you have every right as a human being and resident of this planet to collect water and drink it.. as long as you dont divert huge amounts and disrupt the natural balance (only taking what you need) then it is your god given right..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just to show you that I'm not just rambling on with nothing to talk about. Have a look. I didn't want to provide a link to the company before, because I dislike them so much.

American Water- Investor Relations

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is hilarious as to who they think they are
What a bunch of fools.

So am i right in my way of thinking that they dont want you to know about this? Water

or for the countries that are suffering from lack of water this Watercone

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
maybe it has a logical reason, for example the rainwater is needed for a healthy groundwater level?

Its probably just one of those laws to prevent abuse. Probably came about because someone did something that took rights away from a neighbor.

Let me tell you - - - if you want to learn about annoying laws - - - get a neighbor from hell.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Old news.
Here in Germany you have to pay for the water that is raining on you. Dont believe me? You have to pay a fee for every square meter of your roof, your lawn and your garden. Silly? Yes.

The reason:
sewage purification plant needs financial help to proceed all those liters of rain

its also forbidden to use rainwater to wash your clothes and flush the toilet
edit on 30-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
This would make me very hot, as I actually have to pay my local water company "storm water runoff fee" . The fee is based on the amount of land on my property that covers grass/dirt.

I live in a flood irrigation area.

We have to pay a yearly water fee - - whether we use it or not. And if we do use more then allotted - - we pay for the extra. We also have a well.

But - - the canals have to be maintained - - and I'm on a mesa where the water has to be pumped up.

Some things are justifiable.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ventura covered this in one of his Conspiracy Theory episodes......needless to say those didn't air for long, actually they were mysteriously diapering off of dvr's at one point

However, I have them all DL'd.and spread them to people on data sticks. They are seriously worth watching even if a we bit sensationalized....

They are also planning to tax the runoff.....so you can't collect it and will be billed for the amount that comes off you're property.

Bury you're collection unit and if someone comes knocking....bury them too.....(did I just say that???
)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by predator0187

You may not be aware of this, but many Western states, including Utah, Washington and Colorado, have long outlawed individuals from collecting rainwater on their own properties because, according to officials, that rain belongs to someone else.
I was under the impression that this had been the case for several years now.

It has been on the books for many years. People have literally been prosecuted. I read a story about a man suing recollected water for his car wash and ended up having to jump through many hoops but eventually was allowed to.

Here is a story about how the laws have been on the books for a century and that it is legal now in some places such as in this article. link

I actually changed my decision to move back out west because of this nonsense, among other things....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join