It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love You ATS-But I Must Bid a Temporary Farewell-Duty Calls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
After January 2nd 2012 I will be taking a 26 week vacation(by which I mean BCT and AIT) between Ft. Benning(GA) and Ft. Eustis(VA). It is also very possible that I may be deployed immediately afterward so that duration could extend to a whole year and 26 weeks.

I have six days left to indulge myself in the craziness that is ATS. Make it worthwhile people!
Also, wish me luck. I will miss you all. Especially my detractors. You're the reason ATS is so much fun.
edit on 28-12-2011 by projectvxn because: Format

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
After January 2nd 2012 I will be taking a 26 week vacation(by which I mean BCT and AIT) between Ft. Benning(GA) and Ft. Eustis(VA). It is also very possible that I may be deployed immediately afterward so that duration could extend to a whole year and 26 weeks.

I have six days left to indulge myself in the craziness that is ATS. Make it worthwhile people!
Also, wish me luck. I will miss you all. Especially my detractors. You're the reason ATS is so much fun.
edit on 28-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

There is enough craziness to go around my friend. Also don't worry from the looks of it there will still be more going on when you get done. What branch of the military did you sign on with? and also whats your mos?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TopElite

Army.

15T UH-60 Blackhawk mechanic.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Good luck to you, man. Come back in one piece too.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not a bad mos. Sorry to see a good member get pulled away but like you said duty calls. Also hope you don't get pulled into something like Iraq or something worse getting sent to Iran where they actually have a trained military and soldiers full of energy to kill Americans.

Stay safe...PS Go Army Ranger or Airborne Ranger :-P

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank you for your service.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We shall await ur return with plenty of Intel and goodies ..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm happy with being an aircraft mechanic. Some people are suited to being a Ranger or SF. After much thought I decided that I'm not one of those people. I will be qualifying airborne, however.

There are also Special Operations mechanics like the 160th SOAR(Special Operations Air Recon) that I'll be looking into once I get my bearings.

At the end of the day, I go where my commander in chief sends me. I will do my job.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Thank you for your service.

Thank you for paying my salary

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

You'll be sorely disappointed though. I would never reveal US military secrets.

I take my oath seriously.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your service

Stay safe, God Bless and take care, many prayers for you and all military for a safe deployment and a safe return.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm happy with being an aircraft mechanic. Some people are suited to being a Ranger or SF. After much thought I decided that I'm not one of those people. I will be qualifying airborne, however.

There are also Special Operations mechanics like the 160th SOAR(Special Operations Air Recon) that I'll be looking into once I get my bearings.

At the end of the day, I go where my commander in chief sends me. I will do my job.

My Dad was an aircraft Mechanic Vietnam Veteran! good luck getting airborne!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by ElOmen

You'll be sorely disappointed though. I would never reveal US military secrets.

I take my oath seriously.

If you took your oath seriously, you might not be breaking it by taking part in unconstitutional wars that aren't declared by the congress.

I do however, wish you well, and hope that you don't end up like several of my friends who have come back in body bags or severely injured, physically and mentally.

Keep your head up man, even your detractors like myself still don't wish you harm and hope that you will come around to the side of peace and responsible military action while you are still in one piece.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Good luck and God speed, and remember when the sh** starts flying...it ain't shameful to kiss your own a**.

Stay safe and return in one piece.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

If you took your oath seriously, you might not be breaking it by taking part in unconstitutional wars that aren't declared by the congress.

I do take my oath seriously. The War in Afghanistan was declared and authorized. Same goes for Iraq(which is now over). You don't like it, take action. Don't tell me what you THINK I should do. My CHOICE has been made, and I will do my job.

I do however, wish you well, and hope that you don't end up like several of my friends who have come back in body bags or severely injured, physically and mentally.

That's part of the job description. It's terrible and regrettable, but that is war. Soldiers get hurt and die. It is a volunteer military and we, as volunteers, must assume the risks.

Keep your head up man, even your detractors like myself still don't wish you harm and hope that you will come around to the side of peace and responsible military action while you are still in one piece.

I think i'll keep my head down actually

That will take a more responsible government. Nonetheless I am proud to be wearing the uniform of the US Army. It's something I've always wanted to do and I finally have my chance.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Good luck,

Just remember that Helicopters are really a bunch of parts flying in relatively close formation; all rotating around a different axis. Things work well until one of the parts breaks formation.

At which point, pretty much every one on board mutters "Jesus!"

Hence the term, the Jesus bolt.

ETA: Also, all helicopters leaving the factory are always trying to kill their pilots.

But after 31 years....I'm happy to be amongst the living.
edit on 28-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I'm sorry my friend, but you are referring to "military actions" not an actual declaration of war. Personally, I don't know how the hell our administration can call what would be deemed and act of war if it were committed against us a "military action"... I mean, seriously, was 9/11 an act of war, or a "military action"?
The last time that the U.S. Congress declared war, as our constitution (which you swore an oath to defend, before swearing to obey the president) clearly states must be done for any attack by our military to be carried out, was December 8, 1941, the day after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and declared war on the United States by doing so. I ask you, are we at war with Pakistan, Syria, Libya and all of the other places that our troops are bombing with the aircraft you are going to be repairing and maintaining? Nope, didn't think so.
Your ignorance of breaking your oath is understandable. Your willful ignorance needed to continue doing so is unacceptable if you are to continue to say that you take your oath seriously. We need honest men like you to stand up and spread this message if we are to see an end to the endless bloodshed. Several of my friends in the service have come to accept this same message that I am giving you, and stand along side me in protesting "wars" that were never legally sanctioned by the constitutional law that they swore to defend.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I know you have been looking forward to this for a long time...so good luck and be safe.

I'll be waiting to have more discussions with you when you return

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Good luck and enjoy your new career. Will miss having you around.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Good luck! Gosh it will be odd not seeing you around the boards! But know we will all be here waiting for your return,

Go fly those wings in the big world

top topics

<<   2 >>

join