It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Finds No Benefit From Daily Multivitamin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My bad guys

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The NY Times news article title is misleading especially if article is not read. The study was done on women taking menopausal multi vitamins main article: here(is linked to the OP article).

OP article statement:

... it hasn’t been clear whether taking a daily supplement results in a similar benefit. OP source
Talking of the comparrison of multi vitamins to a balanced diet.

Don't be tricked into "all vitamins are useless!" Find the best brand, as some can contain to much of the vitamin or vitamins for your body, etc.

There was studies on vitamins, such as in the Bs group. Bs are knowns for helping the brain esp. with cognitive thought (source ). These were said to not only help with that, but calm down prison inmates and disruptive school children. Here's one source I've found: here

Convicts and school kids don’t always eat the best of diets. But when they did get the nutrition they needed – especially those elusive B vitamins – they were able to relax and take life more in stride.
source

To conclude the first best thing for you is eating suited for your lifestyle, taking into consideration what is most healthy for your age, weight, physical activity, health conditions etc. Vitamins to be taken as a supplement for what is missing or you need help with in your diet... not as an end all cure if you cannot eat a balanced diet.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I inherited a book called 'Lets eat right to keep fit' by Adelle Davis. A famous nutritionist.
She took a multi vitamin everyday and her own fortified milk.
She advocated a supplement as even in 1960 the modern western diet did not have all the minerals nad vitamins we require.

I'll tell you a conspiracy fact that I have discovered. Centrum (UK multi vitamin) 1-2 years ago changed their formula. It now no longer has Potassium nor Chloride.

It has been discovered that the chemtrails have Barium sulphate in them. The cure for Barium sulphate is Potassium chloride, which is now no longer in Centrum!!!!!!

Personally this has affected me as I am potassium deficient, (the Drs don't understand how this has happened in me, as it is very rare to be deficient in Potassium.)

I would recommend reading all Adelle Davis books as they are not dumbed down, I have read other books, more modern than Adelle's, and I have found lies and omissions in them. TPTB are crafty but they will pay for all the deaths they have caused.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am not a vitamin guru, but I think the article is misleading.
if not alright deliberately misleading.

It says that multivitamins do not decrease the risk of heart disease or cancer. But I don't know anyone, including myself, who takes a multi vitamin for those reasons, usually others.

People who take vitamins for things such as heart disease, taking something more specific. People tend to gear their vitamin intake for specific reasons. Like taking fish oil for the heart, or vitamin E. Like I take L-tyrosine for anxiety. I take a multi vitamin for all around health, and iron for anemia. Or vitamin D for aches and pain.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've done a personal experiment where I took vitamins instead of eating for three days. Although I felt quite famished and obviously needed carbohydrates, I survived and actually didn't feel too bad. Of course I don't recommend doing this to anyone, as it's pretty dangerous, but I regularly fast anyway.

My point is, vitamins can be a great replacement for nutrients if your diet isn't perfect, but you can't use them as an excuse for not having a normal diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables. I always keep extras on hand for a SHTF scenario. And I'm not even considered a domestic terrorist for doing so.

edit on 28-12-2011 by UnivoxSuperfuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Hello - I am very much in support of vitamins. Many years ago I started with Vitamin B - it was recommended as I was working nights and feeling tired. So I took Vitamin B - one day I ran out and put it on my shopping list for when next I did a shop. I swear a few days break and resuming Vitamin B - lifted my energy levels.

Forward many years later and I have researched vitamins before I take them and I also factor in what I am learning about wheat and milk etcetera. Currently I take ten vitamins and I can tell you what each of them do. My life has been exceptionally stressful for the past few years and I am hopeful I can see the end of a very difficult and extended period of time. During excessive stress I double my vitamin intake - one lot in the morning and again later in the day.

Vitamins along with raw foods and the occasional treat - hopeless chocaholic - can see a person stay well at least this is my opinion. Keep in mind I have never enjoyed meat but did eat it when I was in a relationship. I have never smoked cigarettes and only enjoy alcohol with company and food.

Vitamins work - they are not a substitute but utilised as an adjunct to keeping well - I swear by them. As for studies on people who take vitamins - it is important to realise that each and every person is unique in terms of their general health to begin with and existing health problems - addictions and age and exercise and many other issues - to be a conclusive study every aspect of a persons health needs to be considered. We are all learning about our bodies and what we put into them and we are all at varying levels of health. As for studies - study your own body and be honest!

Much Peace...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join