It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 16 Eye Opening Things (The Fiscal Times)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As many of you know, I often go to CNN to see what is going on. (even though I am aware a lot is 100% unreliable)
Still better than MSNBC or FOXNEWS

Anyways, while reading an article called Romney swipes at paul in Iowa I ran across this article in the "From around the web" area at the bottom from the The Fiscal Times. which I think is very accurate.

On defense spending:
“Billions of dollars have been spent on the M-1 tank over the years and yet there has never been a need for it for the defense of our country – it was purely a military-industrial complex boondoggle to serve the interests of the demands of big business and big labor and to save Chrysler and at that time to stick it to General Motors. But in the end, General Motors got its bailout, too.”

On taxes:
“’Taxes are the price we pay for civilization,’ according to Oliver Wendell Holmes. This claim has cost us dearly… If we as a nation continue to believe that paying for civilization through taxation is a wise purchase and the only way to achieve civilization, we are doomed.”

On unions and government labor laws:
“Union power, gained by legislation, even without physical violence, is still violence. The laborer gains legal force over the employer. Economically, in the long run, labor loses… If only it were so easy to help the working class.”

On individual freedoms:
“Government should not compel or prohibit any personal activity when that activity poses danger to that individual alone. Drinking and smoking marijuana is one thing, but driving recklessly under the influence is quite another. When an individual threatens the lives of others, there is a role for government to restrain that violence.”

On markets, the individual, and Austrian economics:
“The phrase ‘Austrian School’ or ‘Austrian economics’ [as founded by Carl Menger] is not something I ever expected would enter into the vocabulary of politics… But since 2008, it has. Reporters use it with some degree of understanding, and with an expectation that readers and viewers will understand it too. This is just thrilling to me, for I am a longstanding student of the Austrian tradition of thought… We need markets to reveal to us the valuations of consumers and producers in the form of the price system that works within a market setting.”

On a welfare state:
“We need to surrender our attachments to government in every aspect of life. This goes for the right and the left. We need to give up our dependencies on the state, materially and spiritually. We should not look to the state to provide for us financially or psychologically… Let us understand that it is far better to live in an imperfect world than it is to live in a despotic world ruled by people who lord it over us through force and intimidation.”

On the power of liberty:
“Liberty built civilization. It can rebuild civilization.”

I guess by 16 they were suffering to different lines within the points.

Though I did find areas I that are not accurate such as:

The 76-year-old Paul also says he wants to:
Legalize pot.

Which is not accurate, he just wants to leave it up to the States to decide.

I do like what this article says though. Would be nice if "main stream" would quote him accurately like this does.
edit on 28-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
(even though I am aware a lot is 100% reliable)

I think you meant 100% unreliable...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

(even though I am aware a lot is 100% reliable)

I think you meant 100% unreliable...

Good Catch, Thanks

Fixed

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

lol, Yep 60% of the time, it works every time. Sounds like the media to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by hapablab

lol, Yep 60% of the time, it works every time. Sounds like the media to me.

it sure does!!!, as soon as I seen 100 percent I thought of that scene, had to share it :-)

top topics

join