It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's offical Syria is next?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
channels.netscape.com.../ff/story/0001%2F20030413%2F175332743.htm&sc=1107&photoid=20030413WXCD101

``People have got to know that we are serious about stopping the spread of weapons of mass destruction,'' Bush said.

So syria has wepons of mass destruction?!?! Are we going to have another Coalition of the willing?!?!? What about North Korea?!?!?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
syria will lead iran into the fray, in turn israel, then the eu will make it move, then russia china, n korea and japan. prepare to stand together to survive. militia is coming.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Syria could very well be next if the US feels the WMD are there. They have been also funding the Iraqi "attackers" with Night-vision tech and anti-tank weapons. I wouldn't be too suprised if Syria is next on the list.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the whole lebanon thing could be part of it, as well as the fact saddam might be there, as well as aid to him in the form of bullet projection systems, aka guns. and suicide bombers and stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
MM so did russia! I think its justified if syria is actually harboring them and the wmd to harm america

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Time for a regime change the radical tyrant named George Bush needs to be stopped before WW3 ensues.

[Edited on 4-13-2003 by Kamikaze X]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
only problem is getting people ro want him impeached. how would we be able to do that? free tacos?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Where does it say that the US is going to invade Syria? I don't see that in this article.
What I see is a threat. Bush is saying "We bought down Saddam and we COULD bring you down just as easily". He's letting Damascus know that he isn't going to be bullsh!tted. It doesn't necessarily mean that the line has already been crossed.

Anyway, who says that a regime fall in Damascus would require a US military invasion? I think Bush is planning another way to bring about regime changes in the Middle East. Iraq is going to play a big part in that.

Militarily, the US is withdrawing it's aircraft carrier fleets in the Gulf. That points to the fact that there are no plans for any major immediate action against Syria.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Where does it say that the US is going to invade Syria? I don't see that in this article.
What I see is a threat. Bush is saying "We bought down Saddam and we COULD bring you down just as easily". He's letting Damascus know that he isn't going to be bullsh!tted. It doesn't necessarily mean that the line has already been crossed.

Anyway, who says that a regime fall in Damascus would require a US military invasion? I think Bush is planning another way to bring about regime changes in the Middle East. Iraq is going to play a big part in that.

Militarily, the US is withdrawing it's aircraft carrier fleets in the Gulf. That points to the fact that there are no plans for any major immediate action against Syria.

This is the same type of reterotic that was used months before we attacked Iraq. In fact after 9/11 bush said "Iraqi were watching you". There is one thing about politics that you really don't understand "Words are everything". He made up his mind then and he has made up his mind now. All he has to do know is the get the nieve american public to believe that syria is a threat.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Don't you all see, this war isnt about anything mundane.
Simpletons everyone of you!!! MOAAHAHAHAHA

Um yeah, Bush is satans beoch and hes useing the worlds stongest military to pave a safe path for the anti-christ, isn't clear?! CANT YOU SEE IT !!! oh pretty lights...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The rhetoric's being ratchetted up,

but carriers are leaving the Gulf....for now at least, it looks like we're not going after Syria anytime soon, at least militarily speaking...that's a good thing, as there's an added complication to Syria.

Unlike Iraq, Syria has SCUDs...legally, and in number. If Syria was to get enuogh SCUDs into Isreal (despite Patriot batteries), and with chemical warheads, the Isreal would not stay out of it, and there's the spark gentlemen... I was all for the action in Iraq, but there better be damned good and solid reasons, for me to support war with Syria at this point in time...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
they SAY that some of the carriers are about to leave. I'll believe it when I see the soldiers getting off the ships back home here. And I do agree with Lurker somewhat, it has always been about this. When Israel has control over the Middle East, the Anti-Christ can come, it's as simple as that. Dont you think if the current admin gave two sh#t's about this country, they'd do something to fix the over 2 million jobs lost since Shrub got in there?? Or the hundreds of other problems that are facing the nation now?

For entertainments sake I will be interested in how the next chapter will play out in this made for tv movie.

join