It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know who to vote for....help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
When it comes to voting for president i am an independent. I vote for the person, not if they are republican of democrat. Although, i usually end up voting republican. I usually know by now who i would vote for. I am leaning towards Ron Paul because everyone else just seems to be clueless. Could you please help me decide? Who are you voting for and why? Thanks for helping me out

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm voting Ron..not because I'm an avid follower but simply because he seems the best of a bad situation. Really at the end of the day no one can tell you what the best option is. My advice is look up all the candidates. see what they are all about. Look up a couple sources on each because everything is bias in one way or another. Look at those for and against each candidate....so you see the good the bad and the ugly. It's really up to you to make a decision for yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How is this even a hard decision ?

Ronny has 30+ years of the same messege ?

Small government

free markets

no illegal and unwarrented wars

restoration of constituion

reform of all levels of government

to live within a countrys mean?

Nobody else on stage except paully comes through with such a messege?

If you wanna chose the lesser of the evil . Paul wins by a long shot.

If you wanna chose by what is best for the country Paul wins again for a long shot

If you wanna chose by what will secure americas future Paul wins again..

Only time you can be confused is if your head in the sand , and your bum way up in the air?

There is no competition . Values , morals , ethics , policy , management , empthy , compassion , all lives under one name.

Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can make it very, very simple. Read this. It is from the news today and an article like this appears every single day now.

If you like this then vote for anyone other than Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

Explanation: People and Politicians come and go ... BUT POLICY is FOREVER!

So how about you stop buying into the cult of personality and start assessing the policies that are being voted on instead.

Personal Disclosure: Here .. try my latest thread on for size ok!

Ron Paul Racist? Who Cares? What about his policies ... are they racist? (by OmegaLogos posted on 28-12-2011 @ 03:24 PM) [ATS]

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Thanks for your reply. All of what you have said, i have said to myself. Then I hear bad things about him but i think people just don't want him in there to really change things for the better. I don't understand why he sounds so good to us but so many others hate him. Am i missing something?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I HATE this! It scares the crap outta me! How can they get away with doing this? This is supposed to be a free country, but we seen to get more bound by the government every day!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
RON PAUL

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

*raises hand* Another Paul supporter here, and that would also be my recommendation for you.

He's (ridiculously) consistent, highly principled, fights against big government and big business manipulation of government, respects people and nations enough to not pick on them for no reason but is ready to bring the hammer down appropriately if we are attacked or threatened on any serious level...

...he's faithful (married over 54 years), conservative (but respects everyone else's right to self-determine their lives as long as they do the same to others), served his nation as a USAF flight surgeon, he can see the future (OK, maybe not, but he's wise enough to say the economy's in trouble and suggest fixes when everyone else is calling him crazy and saying it's fine before it collapses, as well as warning us about our foreign policy contributing to dire economic straits AND resulting in likely attacks against us before the attacks happened).

Basically, he's a student of history, he knows what he's talking about, he MEANS was his says and sticks by it unless he decides there's actually good reason to change his views (as he did on the death penalty, having open borders, and DADT), he's a generally nice guy (I've met him 3 times and I've never seen reports of anyone else saying otherwise, either), and...well, I just appreciate the heck out of him. He's been raging against the machine since before they got together and was TEA Party before there WAS a TEA Party. Time's proven him right again and again.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
reply to post by yourboycal2

Thanks for your reply. All of what you have said, i have said to myself. Then I hear bad things about him but i think people just don't want him in there to really change things for the better. I don't understand why he sounds so good to us but so many others hate him. Am i missing something?

Well, I'll try to answer that and hope I'm not too far off.

He scares the heck out of big business/big government/big media/military-industrial complex, etc., because he's opposed to the protective policies and beneficial arrangements they've set up for themselves, and his policies would shine light on what they've been doing, cut into their (big-ass) bankrolls, and make it harder for them to keep gaming the american people.

As such, and with 95+ percent of all mainstream news media in the US being either aligned with or outright owner/headed by members of the Council on Foreign Relations (via 5 ginormous corporations), and the CFR's stated policies/goals pretty much directly opposed to Paul's views - well, the media goes into hostile treatment or outright ignoring him pretty easily.

People are scared, because our government and media hypes up unrealistic threats - Paul's foreign policy views are then used in attempt to drive a wedge between him and people who would support him otherwise based on this. People have also come to think that government involvement and funding in our lives is necessary (lost their self-sufficiency and independence, as well as society having somewhat evolved away from various charity and other community-driven care programs) that Paul's view on shrinking government scares them because they think everyone will die cold and alone (to that I say with continued government mismanagement of the money they take from us for these programs, they're well beyond solvent anyway now and we'll all crash and end up that way together).

Basically - people like big government, even if they say they don't (as long as it's doing the big-government things they like, and not the big-government things they don't; this is where republicans/democrats, liberals/conservatives, etc. really tend to figure in - it's just which poison they've picked, generally: big military and control over people's decisions or big social spending and control over various OTHER decisions people make), and can't envision society and people standing on their own two feet like they did not all that long ago.
edit on 12/28/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank you so much for both replies! You seem to have a lot of "RON PAUL" knowledge so i'ma gonna pick your brain if you will let me.
My friend has told me that Ron said that we should have never stepped up to help end the holocaust. I am all for leaving countries alone cause i think we shove our nose in their business when we have no right most of the time . BUT, when it comes to the holocaust i think we needed to step in. Do you know if he really said anything like that??

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In the words of a business woman in New Hampshire, "I'm voting Ron Paul because he is the purest protest vote I could make."

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

A star for you! That is a crafty way of thinking about it. What better way to stick it to the "MAN" than to vote someone like Ron as president since they so clearly hate even the sound of his voice! I love it!

top topics

join