It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what my boss said about Ron Paul and the military....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Okay so this got under my skin a little today while I was working. Me and my boss were having a political conversation (as we usually do) today while doing construction work on a house. Now, my boss knows that I am a Ron Paul supporter and that I am a military man.

While discussing the issue of Iran, my boss suggests that we need to do something about Iran before they wipe us and Israel out with a nuclear weapon. I gave him the usual response that they have no way of dropping nukes and that they haven't broken any rules with what they currently have. The rest of the conversation went something like this....

HIM: Don't give me that. The majority of the military agrees with me. We need to do something before they get us.

ME: That's not true. The majority of the military sides with RP. He has gotten more donations from active duty military than the other candidates.

The following line consists of his actual words...
HIM: They are just disgruntled military who don't want to go to war.

There you have it. Any member of the military who supports Dr. Paul is disgruntled and fearful. A very educated statement. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You should have asked him to post his sources.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
how old is your boss?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

He may not know how close to the truth he is...

Of course they're disgruntled. They are discovering the truth of being used as pawns in the elite game of World Chess. They have seen innocent people die, Countries being invaded and destroyed...for nothing.

They're disgruntled because they're waking up.

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I bet his boss is in his 50's-60s ...this age group and older (not all of them) are brainwashed and bow down to the government...this is what they were trained to do since birth...if they were asked to jump off a bridge they would...zombies!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

This kills me to say as I have been a life long patriot, military supporting proud American who's only regret is that I went straight to college and never joined the armed services. But I have to be honest, I wonder the very same thing as your boss. Do those that support RP in the military are those that don't want to be deployed/fight? Do they just want to serve with no chance of battle...just collect a paycheck? I know I am going to be barraged by those that think otherwise, honestly I hope I am because that is the last thing I want to believe...but with this day and age "something with no expectation" is the norm in our society.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If he thinks it's such a big problem why doesn't he join up?

I hear the recruiting services need all the help they can get.

Or is he signing a check that....?
edit on 28-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   
I am having the same problem.

I bring up Ron Paul's name and it invokes the same drivel as the media spits out.

Do we really need another war in the Middle East?

Protect Israel....What a joke. They protect themselves.

Your boss is one of the Sheeple. I have a whole family of them.

link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
how old is your boss?

He is in his mid-40s

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

He may not know how close to the truth he is...

Of course they're disgruntled. They are discovering the truth of being used as pawns in the elite game of World Chess. They have seen innocent people die, Countries being invaded and destroyed...for nothing.

They're disgruntled because they're waking up.

Peace

Disgruntled for that reason, maybe so, but that's not how he meant it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian9
reply to post by wWizard

This kills me to say as I have been a life long patriot, military supporting proud American who's only regret is that I went straight to college and never joined the armed services. But I have to be honest, I wonder the very same thing as your boss. Do those that support RP in the military are those that don't want to be deployed/fight? Do they just want to serve with no chance of battle...just collect a paycheck? I know I am going to be barraged by those that think otherwise, honestly I hope I am because that is the last thing I want to believe...but with this day and age "something with no expectation" is the norm in our society.

Well here's the thing... nobody WANTS to go to war. ESPECIALLY when there is no reason for it. That's how I feel at least. If we had a legit reason for fighting another country, and we weren't expecting to stay for 10 years, I don't think anyone would have a problem with being deployed. So I guess he would be partially correct in saying they don't want to fight without a cause, but he said it implying they are fearful to leave mom's house or something. It was very condescending.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

Good point. If he was assuming they were just cowards he would be wrong. I know our soldiers and marines are anything but that. But if he was implying that they just wanted to avoid battlefield experiences and cash a paycheck even if the cause was justified, I would have to agree. Who knows what he was thinking. I do know I am sick and tired of it all and would give my left nut to become POTUS because I would change the world. Not that I am personally brilliant and have all the answers but I know what I believe, I know the constitution, I know what our founders stood for, I know I have enough integrity and fortitude to stave off the politics of the world and do what's morally right.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

I think your boss has a fairly short view of things. I'd like to recommend some of my usual videos, first off:

Those will give some useful info on foreign policy in general, and mainly Iran.

Then, I'd suggest he truly think about it - Iran, as far as muslim nations go, is actually fairly progressive (especially compared to some of our muslim allies). They have the largest jewish population of any primarily muslim nation, which gets along pretty well, actually. And they've got a constitution that actually sounds pretty danged reasonable:

"The foreign policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran is based upon the rejection of all forms of domination, both the exertion of it and submission to it, the preservation of the independence of the country in all respects and its territorial integrity, the defence of the rights of all Muslims, non-alignment with respect to the hegemonist superpowers, and the maintenance of mutually peaceful relations with all non-belligerent States."

Another part states that the country will be: "...scrupulously refraining from all forms of interference in the internal affairs of other nations..."

Long story short - we've got a much more extensive track record of messing with the internal affairs of and bombing/invading other nations than...well...pretty much anyone else. An aggressive foreign policy like we have also happens to be counter-productive, and it's simple common sense that these countries already know we're gunning for them and are NOT suicidal, despite some propaganda certain people may bandy about. "But, but, Iran might get a nuke!" Well, I can understand why they might want to, but I'm pretty sure they're aware Israel has like 300, we have about 3500, and likely also remember that Israel beat what, 5 or 6 combined muslim countries by itself during the Six Day War?

Jeez. Let's just try not continually poking the dog with a stick for once. It might be less prone to bite back, and at the very least we'd have our military here and ready for any actual defense and border security we might need.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The second video you posted has a total runtime of 13:37
You get a star from me.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Typical sheeple who absorb fear mongering propaganda like a sponge. It's easy for him to say we should take out Iran when he's all safe and sound back in the states. He's no better than our politicians who use our military personnel like pawns in a chess game.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll wager that he has never served in the military nor fought in a war. I find it amusing that the US has many people that have inclinations towards attacking a country however do not have any experience with doing it. Unfortunately he is your boss and because of that, you may just want to "see his point" and collect your check. (it is not a good time to be looking for a job)

His political and views of the military are best described as infantile and simple. A war with Iran would hurt the US more than help in every way shape and form.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen.......

Just kidding. funny thing is, my brother and others say the same exact thing, including "They hate us for our freedoms" "They want to kill us"

And I always respond "how do you know?"

And they usually reply "Its all over the news man! dont you watch the news???"

**FACE PALM**

They hate us because we are screwing with them. I would want to attack someone who was screwing with me too.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian9

if you think about it like this, it may help. If some other country invaded our land, military or not, you and I would fight and proudly give our lives to defend out homes and our families. As would any US citizen. But knowing that when we travel to some far off land to fight for a reason that is fuzzy at best, we might not have the same zeal. Once you are enlisted in the military, you follow the orders you are given. All the armchair quarterbacking gets done by the civilians.

I like the explanation Ron Paul gives to the Iran thing. He knows they don't have a delivery method and they wouldn't risk their own annihilation without reason, so he doesn't see them as the big threat everyone else seems to.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian9

In my service in the Air Force, I did work with people that used the military as welfare. It drove me nuts. I can proudly say that they were very few (2 in fact, they had been given dishonorable discharges withing 2 years of entering and not becoming productive) I know this because they would scream and complain about it, we were like you earned that buddy.

Back then I didn't really talk politics (I wasn't really awake back then anyways) A lot of us did talk about if the mil became the police force that we would uphold the oath we took, about domestic terrorists (being those politicians) though.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Calnorak,

Amazing the irony of your post. After posting my reply I reached out to an old friend who is a very high ranking officer in the military. (I will not disclose his title or branch). I asked him via texts if the SHTF what would he do regarding implementing Marshall law/detaining or fighting citizens of this country that recognize unconstitutional laws being enforced. His response was what I expected...and scared me. He said, quote, "As a soldier I execute orders given...I gave up my right to a public opinion when I took the oathe...but I think for the first time in a long time there's real uncertainty in this country.".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join