It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden under what we see - The Allusion of Reality in Matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I often write a post in a thread that then becomes a new idea for a thread. In this case, I was pointing out how to get from an incorrect view of the world to a correct view. What we see is the illusion of what is hidden under what we perceive as real. The allusion of matter is the revelation of what is hidden in the symbol. Notice that I did not use the world Illusion in the title. This would be an incorrect way of viewing reality. Allusion is the real proclaiming the Eternal from a veil of symbol. Symbols contain holographic information that can store more bits than can be gathered from literal words. The harvest is knowledge. The seed must first grow in good soil. This is a mind that is opened by faith.

Consider this:

Concrete is literal. Everyone starts with literal truth, which is the outer layer of the onion. It's like being on the shore of the ocean and claiming to know the ocean by the surface and the waves. The deep is where the true ocean is. Inside the onion is the core of truth.

Ask a toddler to pick a dime or a nickle and they choose the nickle because it is larger. Ask a child of 12 to do the same and they pick the one with more value. Abstract thinking is defining the value of what is seen.

To get there from the literal, a person must move to the spiritual. There is no ability to do this when the material world is the value. To get from literal to spiritual, a person must bridge the gap with the moral life. Virtue is the starting point of wisdom. Knowledge is merely the outer layer of matter. What matter proclaims is God's glory. This is what is hidden inside.

Job 3

20 “Why is light given to those in misery,
and life to the bitter of soul,
21 to those who long for death that does not come,
who search for it more than for hidden treasure,
22 who are filled with gladness
and rejoice when they reach the grave?
23 Why is life given to a man
whose way is hidden,
whom God has hedged in?
24 For sighing has become my daily food;
my groans pour out like water.
25 What I feared has come upon me;
what I dreaded has happened to me.
26 I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil.”

Job realized this by losing what he thought he had in the world. His own pride was the one sin Job wrestled with. When what was hidden to him was finally revealed, he understood that reality was not something for him to take pride in as a possession. The true value of what we gain by living is not what we can take with us to the grave. It is the hidden value we gain from what we learn. Humility leads to an equality of love for others. The true kingdom is the one we find true life in when we transpose the mortal coil. Love for God is the key.

Kick back and listen to this Audio. Listen to the end of the book of Job. Only a few chapters. Keep in mind, the literal word you hear and the allegory you read is mere allusion to what is under the words. This is a symbol that speaks to more than one person and more than one perspective. Paradoxically, it is literal as well. We see with eyes but view God with our mind by experience.

AUDIO: LINK

edit on 28-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Very nice post!

I enjoy the book of Job because I can understand it somewhat in comparison to my own life. Not exactly, no, but I can pull alot of similarities from my life and compare them with Job.

The question/problem/turmoil I have is... Why must man endure so much pain on earth, loose his wife, his home, his belongings.... all for a reward herafter? Why not just go strair to herafter and recieve bliss, instead of having to live a life of hell just to get there...

And.. since you're man, you dont know the way, you dont know truth.. You have to figure it out by digging through all the rubbish with hopes on finding the right answer. Is it fair for man to be temped and pulled away every day when man is weak. It's like looking at a world of people and knowing that only a very small portion will make it out just the right way enough to get to the reward in the end. Meanwhile, a world of anguish, unhappyness, pain and suffering continues to exist all around us, but not everyone makes it through, but mostly everyone has to endure that unjustice and misery.

We're made to live in mystery.. To find out on our own.. At least the Jews had a visible flame/cloud/voice to base their beliefs on. All we have are 6000 years of total confusion brought on by the people before us, and the people before them.. to finaly end up in a world at the very end with the utmost confusion, no guidance except from people who cant even agree among themselves. Every religion, every person, every single one, will have differing opinions.

We hear.. "Read the bible.. the answers are there". Same with the Koran, Kabbala, and other books. How can we even know that we're reading the right book for the right answers? Wouldnt each one be just as credible to their own sect and less credible to others?

Yet, we stay here on this blue ball, awaiting a salvation to come after the ultimate end here in a world in which we are placed to be born and raised in this material world, as we know nothing else.. Only to be told, you suffer here so you can get your reward in the next life. This is but a step before the real life.

In this life you will suffer.. You will lose your wife, your family, your heart, your love, your feelings, your happyness, your everything that you ever knew from the moment you opened your eyes. But you have to suffer and learn from your suffering, because if you dont, you will suffer again in the next life, but this time for eternity.. no death will save you from that suffering.

In the next, IF you do the right thing, without any real note of which belief you should believe in, you will make it to heaven and live in eternal bliss, without lovedones for all in heaven are as the angels.. No wife, no children, just everyone the same, looking to one another as equals, not what you had here on earth, but a seperation from belonging to any specific family, instead part of one big family. I understand there is pride involved, but unfortunatly that seems to be an inate ability that we can do nothing about here on earth. We can fight it, but why? We wake up another day with the same feelings.

I cant imagine not looking at my child as my child in heaven, yet looking on them as just another angel. Love included or not. Maybe that's why I've never had my own children. My punishment for feeling this way?

I find that, if I believe, every little mistake I make (against my beliefs and God), I am penalised for it. Something happens where I know my mistake. I've got scars on my fingers for just such occassions. Doing something with tools, or a knife for example, thinking mean things (it happens, some things will frustrate us) yes, slip... *&^#@$ Damnit!! Need a bandaid!

This has happened all my life. Maybe it's just my own self fullfillments, I dont know. But I do feel like I'm constantly pushed to or not to do something by some unseen force simply because I believe.

After I lost the love of my life... she broke one of the big commandments... (she didnt believe in them anyways), I struggled with my faith for a year.... Then I just stopped and didnt care to believe anymore. Then when Id think of bad things.. nothing would happen. I felt free... but more lonely than when I started down this road. Now.. Anger.. confusion.. rebelious (slightly).. defiant at times... Simply because I no longer feel that I am being watched over. I no longer feel that I am allowed in grace. And most of all, I feel God doesnt listen to me anymore, or he simply doesnt care from my failure.. given up on me? The things promised in the bible when you feel/believe just doesnt seem to work. It couldnt be from a lack of faith. Maybe I'm wrong, but I beleieve that if you pray everyday and talk to God often when you're alone, that alone should constitute more faith than a mustard seed.. Yet, my mountain stands firm and will not budge! Still I cannot rebuke, curse, or hate God for my own doings. Still..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Fantastic post, loved it!

As an agnostic, i still find its message important and valid. Everyone should read this, Christian, Muslim, or outright athiest. Briliant! Thank you for this important message.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Sounds like in your post your being a little selfish. Maybe its not all about you and your suffering.selfishness only leeds to loneliness. When you are alone your being watched. Or are you.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Suffering is indeed part of the human experience, faith or no faith. The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. Job, to me, sounded like a cry baby because he lost everything, except his wife. She went on to have 14 more children besides the first 7 that died. Job didn't lose it all, he only thought he lost it all because his material goods were gone, and his children. But we see throughout the whole book, Job never grieved for his dead children, he just cried over being sick.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and it has changed my life dramatically because these are supposed to be my most productive years. I don't cry about it because I don't have a car or the ability to drive. Job had to go through it all to cause HIM to understand that he has not lost it all and that he is not the master of his destiny. I still never saw him grieving over his children, but he did offer sacrifices for them every morning, "just in case they had sinned".

He had a hedge around him that he took for granted, that hedge was removed and he had to address some fundamental things about himself, he had to admit his own way of thinking was insufficient and he really did not have it that bad. Yes, he was sick, yes, he lost riches, but he got it all back and more. Job, he's a classic whiner. Maybe when his wife told him to forget about God and just die, she was just expressing her frustration over this whiner who at any moment could have just said "you know what, though He slay me, yet will I trust Him". All those chapters of his whining, it annoys me too about him.

top topics

join