It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling is the secret...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
to manifestation. These are writings of New Thought Author Neville Goddard on how manifestation is possible, and how to make your life the way you want it to be. It's a very interesting read. It's posted by a person in another webforum.

www.xtrememind.com...

Thumbs up to that guy for sharing that...

[edit on 9-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It also explains why good things and bad things happen to us. What causes them.......Ourselves

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Very intresting read

I like this

What Next?

You�ve gotten everything you thought you wanted in life and still feel something is missing in your life.

�As long as you are born of the flesh you have to suffer. This is the way of the flesh. Do not try to improve your life. You're making a big mistake. For there is no question about it, if you use positive thinking and use your mind, you may appear to improve your life. But remember, this world in which you live is a world of duality. For every up there is a down. For every forward there is a backward. For every good there is a bad. Therefore, whatever improvement comes in your life, it will last for a while, then will subside, then you become miserable again. You'll start sticking up for your rights and fighting for your survival. Then as you get what you want, you'll be happy again. You're like a yo-yo. You go up and down, up and down. And no matter how much I talk to you about this, you're going to keep on doing this.� � Robert Adams from �Silence of the Heart�

[edit on 10-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That's a weird quote. I don't think those thousands of children born in impoverished countries suffering from aids from birth ever experience duality. They just suffer & suffer & suffer ..... until death.

As for those with everything, suffering is a relative thing that's expendable.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If you were the only person existing in your own reality, then nothing would be impossible. But there are countless other factors that influence our existence, from Nature to other individuals, and one must never discount chance.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I read this quote somewhere...

"pain is inevitable but suffering is optional"

I believe the Buddists believe that suffering comes from 'attachment'.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
as my mother always says, 'what you focus on expands', thus everything else will disperse. another important tidbit, visualize, visualize, visualize. combine the two and you can achieve anything. angel_ray, you read right, thats what buddism teaches, it includes even the attachment to ones body/self. interesting stuff, reminds me of my days at a vipassana retreat. dfh out.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
That's a weird quote. I don't think those thousands of children born in impoverished countries suffering from aids from birth ever experience duality. They just suffer & suffer & suffer ..... until death.

As for those with everything, suffering is a relative thing that's expendable.

thats where reincarnation comes in(if you believe in it)
or rather karma with reincarnation. You messed up in one life, you suffer through the next to even out your karma.
one example i can think of even, is that someone owes you a debt for something they did to you (perhaps killed you). maybe this time they are pregnant, with you, and you cause them to die shortly afterwards with a ton of pain and suffering, you might die yourself because you have completed that karmic circle or go on to live to learn a new lesson. (well in my mind the setting was some poor country like you described).
that would make more sense if it was more accepted.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
If you were the only person existing in your own reality, then nothing would be impossible. But there are countless other factors that influence our existence, from Nature to other individuals, and one must never discount chance.

Maybe you should read more of the books by "New Thought" authors such as Neville, Wattles, Hill, Murphy etc... And maybe also channeled like conversations with God, elias, seth, abraham-hicks etc... They all agree that everything that happens around you is a product of your mind. Good or bad. It depends mainly on your subconscious mindset.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This would have been more appropriate to the 'This is Incredible' thread that was closed. Yes, I know, you don't discuss these matters anymore here.

All I wanted to add was that recently a friend duplicated a similar experiment adding a few safeguards. Coincidence or not, another friend surprised them by depositing 1/2 of their substantial gaming winnings into their account. Believe it or not.

I think the important point here is the mentality involved in the experiment. It was not forceful or wishful or doubtful. Just faithful commitment to the integrity of the experiment.

There's definitely a fine line drawn in how you direct focus to achieve results here. There is a feeling involved but its not the kind most people would apply.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I still discuss reality creating Questor.. Just not radionics. I do that in another forum.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hard For Me To Follow

I think I may agree with the author on some points, but the presentation was confusing to me.

While I find empirical treatises interesting, my skepticism goes up exponentially as assumptions go up linearly.

In other words, I find elements of the model interesting – and some that may correlate with my own subjective experiences.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to shake the feeling I'm climbing up a house of cards as I try to follow the text.

While there appears to be a logical progression of sorts that supports the empirical modus of the essay, the flow is nonetheless eclectic and difficult for me to follow.

I think there may be merit to some aspects of the thesis, but I think I would need to see it presented more systematically to be able to comment further.

top topics

join