It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Spy Plane Shot Secret Video of Jamaican ‘Massacre’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Tivoli Gardens neighborhood of Kingston, Jamaica on May 24, 2010...

Under heavy US pressure to capture and extradite mafia don Christopher “Dudus” Coke who was indicted in US Federal court for international drug smuggling, the Jamaican authorities launched Operation Garden Parish, a mission that involved 500+ of Jamaica's military and would become one of Jamaica's bloodiest assaults (in recent history) resulting in 73 deaths, many of which are claimed to have had no ties to Coke.

The Jamaican soldiers who carried out Operation Garden Parish, had to overcome roadblocks set up by Coke soldiers prepared for the raid. And more than that. “I fired my AK until my finger was numb,” reads a passage from a Coke gunman’s diary unearthed by Schwartz.

What no one knew until now was that circling overhead was a P-3 Orion spy plane, operated by the Department of Homeland Security. This claim has arisen from a lengthy investigation by journalist Mattathias Schwartza.

Mattahias Schwartza's article in the New Yorker, here

The video, said to have been screened in a joint U.S.-Jamaican operations center in Kingston, has never been released. Its contents are politically dangerous for a Jamaican government still reeling from Tivoli Gardens. (Coke was eventually arrested and convicted in New York; Golding resigned.) And the documents Schwartz acquired suggest that there might have been U.S. operatives on the ground during the raid, which the U.S. denies.

Of course, the video footage taken by the plane cannot answer all of the questions regarding what actually took place on the ground that day. It can't (for instance) answer whether or not innocent people were taken by soldiers from their homes, executed and left on the streets to be counted among those loyal to the mafia don, nor can it definitively show how many (and who) civilians were caught in the middle and found themselves unable to defend against Coke's loyalists, or who those were fighting with him, but it might have answered some of the questions, had it been released.

“My belief is that the video could help identify exactly which members of the Jamaican security forces were where, and when,” Schwartz says. “Until the identities of these individuals are made known, and some court or other investigative body compels them to give public testimony, we will not have a final answer to these disturbing and credible allegations.”

Link

Coke was later arrested and convicted and the Jamaican Prime Minister resigned, so who and what is Homeland Security protecting by burying the footage, both then and now? Is the US covering its involvement or helping to protect the unstable Jamaican Govt.? Both? Neither?

edit on 27-12-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

edit on 27-12-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I laugh every time I see something about Dudus. Every day my relatives tell me what happens, and sometimes I don't even listen. What I do recall is that ALOT of regular people joined in to HELP Dudus. Reason being is that that area isn't really financially good, and he donates alot to help the people around. What i did not hear was that US forces were involved. I do know that many people were killed if they had ties with the don, not just in that community, but as far as Lover's lane. Also, mass killings from JLP fighters and mafia gunmen alike, including police raids. One thing to be prepared for is the amount of police killings you would hear about, and considering police killing is a day-to-day thing over in Jamaica, even if it's an innocent kid, I suggest to not romanticize it too much. Jamaica's killing morality is worst than day-to-day Muslim stoning. You'll get stoned. dragged in the street and beaten, lit on fire, and shot, just for having consensual sex with someone under 16.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

According to the National Security Admin. no US forces were involved, nor was information passed to Jamaican authorities during that time.

Despite a detailed account out about the role of a United States (US) spy plane in the Tivoli Gardens incursion last May, the Jamaican Government is insisting that local law-enforcement personnel had no help from their American counterparts.

Link

So, I guess the story is that the US was simply monitoring, from above...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Looks a lot like a mix between revolution and civil war, and the resulting government crack down.

They keep calling the soldiers "police" or "security forces", but it's pretty obvious they are military with heavy weapons.

I sense a direct breach or violation of many UN treaties here. Not looking good.

Hopefully peace will return to Jamaica soon...but I fear that many deaths will occur before that happens.
Very sad and disturbing events.

Thanks for making this thread though. People need to look at this closely.
How does the saying go?

"The first casualty in war is the truth"?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

S & F

Interesting post.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why is the United States that I belong to, violating airspace in any country and spying on them?
We have no right to legally do it. Let us try it to the Chinese or Russians and see what happens this time around.
While Human Rights advocates can push it, my Constitution does not.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Why is the United States that I belong to, violating airspace in any country and spying on them?

We can't afford to give people jobs but we had enough spare jetfuel to fly a UAV to watch a Jamaican Drug King pin have a shoot out.

The jetfuel wasted could have given several people jobs for a year.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The lessons learned may have been invaluable actually.....
Meanwhile grow up a little, the arrest and assault on the king dons neighbourhood would nessessarily be a bloody one, and it is a stupid command structure which does not seek intelligence of all types available.......
The Orion was probably also in ground contact.......it must have been to overfly the country......
I wouldnt be suprised if the US had personnel on the ground either.....
It only stands to reason the orion was there to help co ordinate...it probably has infr red vision and other toys....
Maybe they even expected the perp to head out to sea or fly away in a small chopper or other light aircraft with stol capability.
Plausible deniability my friend ....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
To all questioning why a US aircraft may have been in/over Jamaica airspace --

Of course I was not there nor involved so I do not have answers - HOWEVER - Jamaica is under British Rule...with a local Prime Minister assigned. Hence, our ally (UK) allows this and most likely was involved and/or coordinated this operation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I find it strange that the spy plane just happened to be flying over at the right time. do we have involvement in the operation or do we have so many spy planes that we see everything?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Jamaica has been this way since independence from the UK in 1962, the drug gangs are connected to the various political parties and they shoot it out and play the local strongman. Coke's gang for example is 'affiliated' with the Jamaican Labour Party - Bruce Golding's party.

It's not surprise that 50 years after independence the majority of Jamaicans say that Jamaica would have been better off had it remained a British colony.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I just have to ask,is this guys last name "really" "actually" coke,or does he have a sense of humor?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Whats the bet there were some US military on the ground.......

a well planned out operation like this? Of course there was!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Does this have to do with the war on drugs?

baka.

we still spend money on that? ewe.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bakadesu

We are forced to allow a large percentage of our pay checks to be extracted from us in the form of too high taxes,some of which they tell us is being used in the war on drugs,when actually,its going into the elite and beautiful peoples pockets to be spent on wine women and song and god knows what else...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

It's not surprise that 50 years after independence the majority of Jamaicans say that Jamaica would have been better off had it remained a British colony.

Which guns are produced in Jamaica?

It would seem that after a country gains independence the former colonizers are deadset on destabalizing the independent country.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Most of these countries were hell holes to begin with,only colonized for their resources,then when the occupation forces leave,it reverts back into the hell hole it was.Most of these countries seem to be trapped back in the dark ages...

edit on 28-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

they were usually hell holes to begin with,only colonized for their resources,then when the occupation forces leave,it reverts back into the hell hole it was...

You know they were hellholes because the colonizers made these claims back home as to gain support to wipe out the barbarians?

So how does it feel to assume from an indoctrinated viewpoint?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

the colonizers enter these countries when they are already rat and bug infested hell holes,filled with diseases, slavery, slave labor, cannibalism, voodoo, human sacrifice, putrid drinking water, tribal warfare, starvation and the mass rape of women.They were colonized for their natural resources, for money and when the colonizers leave,these countries fall back into their stone age abyss...

edit on 28-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join