It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's latest flip-flop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Flip

Bush rejected the panel's recommendation that the director control all intelligence budgets, and have the authority to choose who would lead the CIA, FBI, Defense Intelligence Agency and other intelligence agencies. The president also turned aside the commission's idea for placing both the counterterrorism center and the director within the White House.
ABC News

Flop

Bush Now Backs Budget Powers in New Spy Post
By ELISABETH BUMILLER and PHILIP SHENON

Published: September 9, 2004

WASHINGTON, Sept. 8 - President Bush said on Wednesday that he wanted to give a new national intelligence director "full budgetary authority,'' a sharp shift from an earlier position and an acquiescence to a major recommendation of the Sept. 11 commission.

Mr. Bush was acting after weeks of intense election-year pressure from Democrats and members of his own party, who have repeatedly told the White House that an intelligence director without budget authority would be powerless to push through significant reform. Mr. Bush also said he would submit his own proposal to Congress to overhaul the nation's intelligence agencies.
New York Times

Isn't this what the neo-cons do to Kerry?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What a HUGE response you've gotten!

Where are ALL those folks who HATE FLIP-FLOPPERS?

Sheer HYPOCRISY.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I hear and feel ya guys and gals.....

*snickers*
Just wanted to post that Unfit For Command is still #1 on the New York Bestseller List.....
.....state polls that once had Kerry by significant to wide margins are down to mere single digits....
keep up the good work, though.

BTW...hypocrisy comes in many flavors and varieties.....don't it?!

seekerof

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, it's official! Both Kerry and Dubya are now "Official Filp-Floppers."
This is just one of the reason why I'm not voting for either one of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Isn't this what the neo-cons do to Kerry?

Excellent work curme.
The Freeper Flip Flop brigade does need some perspective on President Briar Patch.

You know Bush just Flippity Flopped again on the number of debates he agreed to also.

And I've been trying to keep up on the number of different states he promised to serve in the NG as this Supervisory Review of Bush's unnacceptable standards unravels, but I just can't make sense of it. So he flipped from Texas to Alabama, then promised to rejoin and serve by flopping over to the Massachusetts NG...and I just read this morning he promised to flip his duty at one point to COLORADO but listed his address as 2000 miles away!

Exactly how many Guard Units was this guy supposed to be flipping and flopping between while flipping back shots of tequila and flopping on co-ed's couches? At least we know he wasn't doing ariel flips, since he was grounded for unsatisfactory service and it's a good thing since we know he can't even touch a bike without flopping or eat a "pretzel" without flipping his lid and flopping on the floor.

But did you see the pictures from Flordia yet where he's flipping bags of ice long enough for the photo shoot? But what more can you expect from a guy that flips from OBL being job #1 "dead or alive" to "Osama is not the target" when he's busy flopping the war on terror to the hunt for WMD's only to later flip the justification for his flop as being about liberating the people once his slam dunk got flipped in his face with the facts.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Are you KIDDING me?!? Kerry cannot take a stand and stick with it AT ALL. No stand. Ever. No one knows WHAT Kerry believes because KERRY doesn't know what he believes. Someone occassionally changing their mind on an issue is VERY different than someone changing their mind on EVERY issue.

I really wish that people that are pro-Kerry would actually LOOK at his record. Look for yourself and see what he has done (or hasn't) in his 20 year Senate position. See for yourself that his votes do NOT back up his words.

www.vote-smart.org...

Jemison

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
GW is the man with the power and the responsibility. He has to make decisions based on the best information available. He has to negotiate with his cabinet and the Congress. He has to come to the conclusions that will best serve a nation.

A flip-flop is not a change of mind. A flip-flop is a change of position to suit the shifting winds of public opinion. GW has demonstrated a strong will to take a stand and stick with it and his flexibility in decision making should not be construed as anything but positive.

Only the unthinking rabble would take a situation such as this where a new position is being created and where no precedence exists and treat the process of decision making as the kind of wishy-washy behavior exhibited by Kerry throughout his career.

[edit on 04/9/9 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join