It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Winter Storm Hits Fennoscandia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Now we have very severe storm going right now. Meteorologists have said this will be strongest storm in years. It has already hit Norway and Sweden, and now coasting to Finland. This storm is called "Dagmar"

This storm has hit Norwegian gas plants and led to reduced gas exports. It also left 100 000 Norwegians without electricity.
af.reuters.com...

This storm has hit Norwegian gas plants and led to reduced gas exports. It also left 100 000 Norwegians without electricity.
goo.gl...
www.straitstimes.com...

Storm is feared to be worst storm in 30 years. It first hit Norway and Sweden, now going to Finland and Baltics. Police has advised people to stay indoors. 60 000 household have suffered blackouts, most in Turku Archipelago and Southwestern Coast. www.aljazeera.com...

Even though we get highest wind speeds in December, this storm is pretty unusual. I would say this whole winter is unusual, 26th of December, and last night rain melted most of our snow. Temperature is +4 Celsius degrees.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

You anywhere near Helsinki area???...Been reading the news on how the storm hit the Uusimaa area quite bad....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Also there is massive oil leak in Bothnian Sea, and ships can't go collect oil because waves are over 4 meters high, when 2 meters is maximum wave height they can do their work.
www.yle.fi...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong
reply to post by Thebel

You anywhere near Helsinki area???...Been reading the news on how the storm hit the Uusimaa area quite bad....

No, I live in Northern Ostrobothnia, but still we have pretty high wind speeds.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Good for ya..
....I live in the Pirkanmaa(Central Finland) area.......got pretty windy here too...I'm driving down to Hämeenlinna tomorrow morning....hope this storm is gone by tomorrow....or else it might be quite a "ride"....

top topics

join