It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know how to cease dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Let me make it clear now that I am not speaking in metaphors and am not referring to this reality
I mean the title in the most literal sense. Does anyone know a way of preventing one's self from dreaming? I notice if I go to sleep with certain thoughts in my head right before I fall asleep I will usually have a dream based around those thoughts. So, obviously, there is some control over your dreaming. I would assume there could be a way to stop dreaming altogether. If we looked at the about theory we could conclude that perhaps not having any thoughts before sleep would result in no dreams but I have tried meditation before sleep and my dreams seem to even be more intense.

Any ideas?
edit on 24-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Im sure there is a ways, but i would not recommend it.
There was a movie i had seen one time, i don't remember the details. And people stopped dreaming and went nuts.. But thats a movie.

Actually it turns out we need to dream, we all dream regardless of if we know it or not. Without the full relaxation of REM sleep (which is when you dream, to stop dreaming you'd have to stop that) we could very well lose our minds completely. When your dreaming is when you are most at rest, and allows your body to rejuvenate so you dont get sick and such.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Try a nip of port before you go to bed, it works for me.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think it's possible by psych drugs but I'll bet the side effects make the solution worse than whatever the problem started as.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Well, I have a very Toltec background so I do believe in the importance of dreaming but what if someone is undergoing a dream-world Hell? I feel they would undergo more suffering than they would rejuvenation.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Well, if your dreams are "hell" you need to figure out what is causing you stress in life and resolve it.

Or take sleeping pills.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What? Why don't you want to dream? It's natural.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you are in a dream hell,
My suggestion is to learn to Lucid dream (or astral project), if you are having nightmares and bad dreams, you can face the issue in the 'dream world', you are the master of your dreams, they do not control you, you control them.

If you have consciousness in the dreams, try to remember that its your world. And turn the bad into something fun for you. Bunnies, anything your imagination can come up with

There are some people born with the capability to join into someones dreams, using physical contact the channeler can get into the dreams of the person they are touching, and help them realize while in the dream state

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There's a plant you can use that can't be discussed here. It has been known to suppress dreams or at least make you forget you had a dream.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Its possible you could say, but it would not be prudent op, plus by possible i mean only a few people on the face of the planet could do it, and you are not one of those people..srry. Keep dreaming and one day you will wake up from this dream called life, and all the dreams you dream while alive.

If your in a nightmare just change the dream or wake up from it, but to completely stop dreaming is not really possible everybody dreams always even if they don't know it, or will ever know it.

new topics

top topics

join