It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush-Hinckley Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You know John Hinckley Jr., the fellow who shot Reagan, and unsuccessfully tried to kill him? Well, it turns out that his family has quite a few connections to the Bush family. Big time campaign donors. Infact, before Reagan was shot, Neil Bush was supposed to be eating dinner with Scott Hinckley, the day after the shooting.
What does it all mean? I'm not sure why the powers that be would want to kill Reagan, him being an easily manipulated senile old puppet as it is. Thoughts on the matter: George H.W. Bush was head of the CIA for a while.
Is it possible that John Hinckley Jr. was some sort of MK-ULTRAesque manipulated sap?
Your thoughts, please.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Its more likely that his debt was called in and he couldnt cover, so a deal was made that he would shoot reagan to get bush the presidency. As I recall, hinckley had some serious money troubles with some.. Serious, ruthless people

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very interesting. Elaborate, please. What sort of money troubles, and from who? From the portrayal of Hinckley in the media, one gets the impression that he was some sort of lone nut, obsessed with Jodie Foster and Taxi Driver.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

im pretty much indisposed at the moment, as im stuck with nothing but a cell phone browser, so research is rather slow.. But like I said, I recall hearing and reading about him being a heavy gambler, and doing business with organized crime.. Thus being in debt to powerful people.. Then bush sr being friends with his father... It was suggested the debt would be washed if h took the shot..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That doesn't make too much sense. Bush and Reagan were running for the same team, atleast overtly. Covertly, who knows. And for a man to put that much on the line over a gambling debt? I'd rather have my kneecaps broken than settle it for the "bargain" of having to shoot the president of 1980.

new topics

top topics

join