It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul apologized

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ron Paul’s racist newsletter flap: GOP hopeful apologizes for 'ghost writers' behind hateful screeds

Reuters

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul apologized on Friday for not paying enough attention to "ghost writers" he said were responsible for racist and anti-gay messages in newsletters and an ad published under his name two decades ago.

This is good news, it's better for RP to win the republican nominee rather than Romney. However, I doubt a lot of conservatives will let RP "hijack" their party. But it's good that RP finally admit he made a mistake, it's a start. But remember, RP has to win, otherwise, it's Barack 4 more years.
edit on Sat 24 Dec 11 by Jazzyguy because: add source

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
He also admitted it and apologized over a decade ago! How many times is required of him to do so before it is finally enough?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

ok- here's the ONLY way this is really going to get resolved as far as the MSM is concerned (and even then, I think it's still a moot issue because this is THE WORST they can find on Paul. THE ONLY thing!)

I PERSONALLY don't know if Paul knows who actually wrote this piece (one person/maybe a collaboration?),
though if I were a betting woman, it's that Paul knows exactly who was behind it, and is keeping it on the DL.
AND!...
If this is the case, I have the utmost faith in Dr. Paul that he's doing so for a very damn good reason- an HONORABLE, and NOBLE reason. (to protect someone else?)

He's admitted his fault in not being more involved in the newsletter at the time, but he was practicing medicine, and had hired a staff he thought he could trust to act on his best interest. Well, obviously somebody didn't get the memo.

How about we stop focusing on this ONE incident- (and yes, I'm aware of other rumors out there about other nonsense but it's too too off topic for this thread)
Instead why don't we look at the 30 years of actions to the contrary.

STOP BEING A ZOMBIE DRONE AGENT FOR THE MSM, BigBiz, and the Terrorists- (I now refer to our government as the terrorists just FYI)
edit on 24-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If he apologized, why didn't they include the apology in the article? That seems strange... Is there a link to Paul's actual apology? According to this article, his campaign spokesperson SAID he apologized...

“[T\]here were multiple ghost writers involved and he does not know who penned the particular offensive sections,” campaign spokesman Jesse Benton said in an email to Reuters.

“Ultimately, because the writing appeared under his name and he should have better policed it, Dr. Paul has assumed responsibility, apologized for his lack of oversight and disavowed the offensive material.”

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

So, where is his apology? In writing or video?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Ron Paul’s racist newsletter flap: GOP hopeful apologizes for 'ghost writers' behind hateful screeds

Reuters

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul apologized on Friday for not paying enough attention to "ghost writers" he said were responsible for racist and anti-gay messages in newsletters and an ad published under his name two decades ago.

This is good news, it's better for RP to win the republican nominee rather than Romney. However, I doubt a lot of conservatives will let RP "hijack" their party. But it's good that RP finally admit he made a mistake, it's a start. But remember, RP has to win, otherwise, it's Barack 4 more years.
edit on Sat 24 Dec 11 by Jazzyguy because: add source

Um,,,those ghosts were named Ron Paul according to the newsletter.
So unless he can name those ghosts, this is the most empty ass apology I have ever seen.
How can any of you buy this crap?

'Stuff was published under my name, but I did not write it but I am sorry it got written under my name by other people I cannot name.'

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
If this is the case, I have the utmost faith in Dr. Paul that he's doing so for a very damn good reason- an HONORABLE, and NOBLE reason. (to protect someone else?)

The honorable and noble act of protecting a racist homophobe who is secretly destroying your chance to be president.
What a guy.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
He also admitted it and apologized over a decade ago! How many times is required of him to do so before it is finally enough?

Admitted what?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

So unless he can name those ghosts, this is the most empty ass apology I have ever seen.

'Stuff was published under my name, but I did not write it but I am sorry it got written under my name by other people I cannot name.'

What makes you think he can legally name these ghost?

I came across an interesting article. It was written by a Ghost Writer with 25+ years of experience and she has a very interesting take on the "newsletters".

A Ghost Writers Perspective

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Admitted what?

He admitted that the newsletters went out in his name and that Ghost Writers had written the content. The same thing he is admitting to in the article. Did you stop read it?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
all this time I was under the impression that he wrote all his own stuff and didn't use ghost writers.
Huh .. guess I learned something new about him. (not happy about what I've learned)

Ghost Writers Gone Wild

Right now, I am concerned with the latest effort to fan the old flames of controversy to blaze by folks insisting that Paul really did write those words, or played an active role in editing and producing those newsletters. The simple truth is that, no, he didn't write or edit the newsletters in question. Usually, he didn't bother to read them until well after the fact.

We learned all of this in the last election cycle, but critics are trying to make old charges new again. The website Conservatives Network has splashed pictures of the newsletters up in a post titled "Who Wrote The Ron Paul Newsletters? Ron Paul Wrote Them -- Clear Proof." The site's "clear proof" consists of helpful red arrows and circles that highlight the use of the first person in the newsletters, a mimeographed signature, and the fact that Paul was listed as editor.

All of those things are true and beside the point. Paul says that he did not write the words in question. He published four different newsletters over the years: "Ron Paul's Freedom Report," "The Ron Paul Political Report," "The Ron Paul Survival Report" and "The Ron Paul Investment Letter." For some time, he took an active interest in writing and editing them but in the early nineties, newsletter production was farmed out to ghostwriters who were given de facto free rein. At that point in his life, Paul was out of politics and working crazy hours to reestablish his medical practice as an ob-gyn after he had torched a whole year of his medical life to challenge George H.W. Bush as the Libertarian Party's nominee for president

Sorry Dr. Paul, but if you are putting out a paper that has your name on it and that you give your blessing to ... then you'd better know what is in it. Blaming the ghost writers is much like Obama blaming others in his administration for things that HE is supposed to be taking care of. It doesn't fly.

He may not have written the words, but he approved his name on something and he took credit for it. Therefore he should also get the blame for it. Not that he's racist .. but that he didn't correctly manage what he should have.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He may not have written the words, but he approved his name on something and he took credit for it. Therefore he should also get the blame for it. Not that he's racist .. but that he didn't correctly manage what he should have.

I agree with your statement 100%

The only thing is, Ron Paul HAS done exactly what you are saying. Look at this from the article.

“Ultimately, because the writing appeared under his name and he should have better policed it, Dr. Paul has assumed responsibility, apologized for his lack of oversight and disavowed the offensive material.”

and this is something Ron Paul has said himself time and time and time again.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

and this is something Ron Paul has said himself time and time and time again.

I have yet to see or hear an apology from Dr. Paul. I'm not suggesting that he owes an apology, but people keep saying that he has apologized and I don't think he has...

Please someone, prove to me that he has apologized like everyone is saying, because I have not seen it...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
WHY doesn't he find out who wrote them? He's got millions of dollars in campaign cash....you'd think he'd do that. You would think he would have done it a decade ago if he aspired to be President. He's had years to find out who did and he's done nothing....knowing damn well this would come up again in 2012.

Too many people out here are willing to believe absolutely everything that comes out of his mouth....when quite frankly he could end up being this biggest con of them all.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But remember, RP has to win, otherwise, it's Barack 4 more years.

Why does everyone say that? I think Huntsman is the best GOP candidate....and by best...I mean most electable. Seems very intelligent, reasonable, willing to compromise, and is mainstream enough for indy's to vote for....and as far as I know he's not a flip flopper like Romney...nor has he signed any tax pledges.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
First, RP never said that he's sorry about his lack of oversight regarding the newsletter. What he said over and over again is that he's not the one who wrote them.
He also never admitted his lack of oversight. What he kept saying all this time is, that he didn't know.
Perhaps some consider his denial of wrongdoing as an apology, I don't.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're right. But since it's a very recent occurence, if there's a video, it'll probably surface tomorrow. I'll post it if I find it.

I agree. Actually it's kinda hard to believe, those newsletters have been circulating for 2 decades. He profits from them, and yet nobody tells him about that racist newsletter. Very suspicious. But of course, I'm not really surprise, I know RP is never really against a global monetary system.

Originally posted by David9176
Too many people out here are willing to believe absolutely everything that comes out of his mouth....when quite frankly he could end up being this biggest con of them all.

Yes, David, I believe he's a gold globalist, his job is to look the other way, if he's elected.

Originally posted by David9176

But remember, RP has to win, otherwise, it's Barack 4 more years.

Why does everyone say that? I think Huntsman is the best GOP candidate....and by best...I mean most electable. Seems very intelligent, reasonable, willing to compromise, and is mainstream enough for indy's to vote for....and as far as I know he's not a flip flopper like Romney...nor has he signed any tax pledges.

Yeah, I'm talking to whoever wants to vote RP since he and Romney is the current contender against Barack. If the republican fails, it means Barack will have another 4 years. Meaning RP's rising popularity could be a boon for Barack, since it'll split the republican's power. A lof of conservatives hate RP, which one they hate more.. RP or 4 more years of Barack. If they push for Romney while the popular vote is for RP, they'll have no chance against Barack.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I love the way they use the term "ghost writers" as if they have no idea who wrote them.

He knows exactly who wrote them...it was either Ron Paul, his wife, his daughter, or his close political advisors.

None of them are good...all of them make Ron Paul look very guilty of knowing and approving exactly what was being written. But if they use the term "ghost writer"...then his supporters can lie to themselves and think it was just some random paid writer who Ron Paul didn't know.

Who wrote the letters Ron? Until that is answered, this issue stays alive.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think Ron should have somebody collect all the different times he's been asked/answered it over the years by each of the various media outlets, and every time they do it in the future he just replys "go watch your ______ episode and listen to the answer I gave you then."
edit on 24-12-2011 by Jack Squat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No

Paul has ZERO chance of beating Obama

Even less than he does getting the Republican nomination

It's simple, Paul is nothing more than a 35 year outstanding member of the cadre that has put us in the mess we are in

Take away the basement dwelling, poll spamming, Paul Heretics and the rational voters will rule the day at the end.

Semper

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yes, David, I believe he's a gold globalist, his job is to look the other way, if he's elected.

That's the thing with Paul....he says he against Free Trade agreements....but in essence he's not reallly against free trade...he is for it...just against the government making the agreements themselves.

Yeah, I'm talking to whoever wants to vote RP since he and Romney is the current contender against Barack. If the republican fails, it means Barack will have another 4 years. Meaning RP's rising popularity could be a boon for Barack, since it'll split the republican's power. A lof of conservatives hate RP, which one they hate more.. RP or 4 more years of Barack. If they push for Romney while the popular vote is for RP, they'll have no chance against Barack.

I agree to a point....RP winning the nomination could really keep republican voters from actually voting or push them to vote 3rd party/independent themselves...regardless of how much they hate the current President...Ron Paul is much to far to the right...that's why i think Huntsman is their best shot at beating Obama...yet he's sitting at the bottom of the polls...at least the last i seen. No other candidates IMO can beat Obama. And by stating this, i'm not saying that I'm a Jon Huntsman supporter, but he is the most moderate of the bunch, and despite all the anger out there, people do want government TO WORK and get things done.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

No

Paul has ZERO chance of beating Obama

Zero??? An exaggeration for sure.

Even less than he does getting the Republican nomination

If he wins the nomination, he could beat Barack, that's how much some hate Barack. It's not about Paul, it's about Barack.

It's simple, Paul is nothing more than a 35 year outstanding member of the cadre that has put us in the mess we are in

Take away the basement dwelling, poll spamming, Paul Heretics and the rational voters will rule the day at the end.

Semper

Oh no, no, no, he's more than that, Paul has won ATS poll by a huge margin, that's the proof. He has some popular support just not as much as his follower thought he has.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join