It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tank/?? destroyed by insurgents-"strong" movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.hamasonline.org...

and a little investigation - can you recognize what type of vehicle is that???I have to say that I can't
even that I watched it 5 times.

and maybe more - there were some news that about 3 tanks/armored vehicles were destroyed in last clashes in Baghdad - do you know anything about credibility of these news??

And the last question.If somebody recognize this vehicle maybe we will be able to say when did it happen and what was happen to the crew.

I hope that everybody survived

[edit on 9-9-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It's not from Iraq, Hamas operates against the Israeli's. Therefore it would be some type of Israeli AFV - definately not American.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It is very fuzzy, but from the outline and the way the vehicle disintergrated easily, i would hazard a guess and say it was a humvee or other similar light vehicle.
Not a tank, i am pretty sure of that. (about 80% sure, althugh when I first saw it i thout it looked ike an old German halftrack)

Plus a Tank you wouldn't expect to roll quite as far as that vehicle did, unless the driver was still alive/slumped over the controls.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
It's not from Iraq, Hamas operates against the Israeli's. Therefore it would be some type of Israeli AFV - definately not American.

this is statement above this film:

NEW: Iraqi Mujahidin blow up U.S. invaders tank

www.hamasonline.com...

(it's on the top)

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The shape looks like either a British Warrior or a US Bradly Fighting Vehicle.

Designed to carry troops and is fitted with either a chain gun or a light cannon.

I hope the guys got out but looked as if they messed it up good n proper...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hmm could be, but I doubt a Warrior as we would have heard about it here in the UK.
Here are some pics, but it is ahrd to compare them to the fuzzy image

Warrior

Bradley

Humvee

[edit on 9-9-2004 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Stryker, LAV type, hard to say when troops carry so much crap on tanks and there's a few different types. I'd say it's an armored vehicle due to the size of it compared to the passing cars. You can see the impact on right front initially and then horrible secondary explosion. The fact it was still rolling after hit says it was probably heavy and on wheels not tracks. I looked up a bunch of images but couldn't find anything fitting it exactly.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
First time I also thought about Bradley but I wasn't sure about the shape of the turret.hmm..how many bradleys were destroyed yet??Anybody knows???

yes,I watched this film one more time.The turret is very strange.These are pics of destroyed stryker.I don't think that it is stryker.But...

www.murdoconline.net...

and afterall.How did they attack.RPG fire??Wasn't the explosion too big for RPG??Explosive device??

[edit on 9-9-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Compared to the size of the cars it's the size of a bradley but the turret and body shape don't concur. Also when tracked vehicles are hit that hard they have a habit of stopping dead.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca

Originally posted by mad scientist

this is statement above this film:

NEW: Iraqi Mujahidin blow up U.S. invaders tank

www.hamasonline.com...

(it's on the top)

It seems very strange that HAMAS wouild show this as they have no fighters in Iraq, why don't the Iraqi militants show this on their sites ?
Anyway it was the fact that HAMAS showed it that led me to believe it was Israeli.
Also why was the vehicle travelling by itself, I thought the US used convoys because of attacks. Single vehicles is more of an Israeli practice whilst patrolling.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca
How did they attack.RPG fire??

Either a mine or an explosive device on or beside the road. Most likely a mine.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The vehicle is obviously Israeli if it's from HAMAS online. Maybe a heavily modified M113?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If you study the film carefully you can see fleetingly after the intial exposion that the vehicles carries on forward shape largely intat bu with it rear on fire - probably all the kit and stuff that they hang on the outside of the vehicle, then after lots jigging about with the camerman moving he seems to focus on the site of the original explosion (just smoke coming out of the ground) and not on where the vehicle had carried on. This gives the false impression the the vehicle has been completly destroyed when in fact it may not have - at least not in the inital explosion

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Didnt look as though it was in convoy, i couldnt see any other vehicles. Looked a bit like a Bradley but if it was on its own id be more inclined to say that it was Israeli. As far as im aware SOP is that any fighting Vehicle must travel in convoy for mutual fire support. It was blown up by a roadside IED, either command line or Remote control.
Id say it was a command line device as the US and Uk and im sure Isreal have jamming devices for Remote control IED's. The UK for instance had a device called a White Sifter that we used in Northern Ireland for Jamming Remote Control Bombs.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It looks like a Bradley, definately. The fire out the rear may be associated with the mine. The fact the Brad is still motoring after the blast indicates that it was fine, a heavy wehicle like tha coming to grief would stop very quickly. That there is a column of smoke may indicate that the explosive mine was associated with some additional aspect like fuel. This is not necessarily associated with the target vehicle. I think the Brad got away with a coating of burning fuel from the mine scarey, but not fatal.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a Bradley too me maybe a stryker but do we have any of those in Iraq? The only other possibility is that its Israeli their vehicles are out and bout alone in the streets, but its not clear enough it could be either American or Israeli.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It doesn't look like a Bradley too me maybe a stryker but do we have any of those in Iraq? The only other possibility is that its Israeli their vehicles are out and bout alone in the streets, but its not clear enough it could be either American or Israeli.

Yeah there are Strykers deployed in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's a bradley alright. But the real question, as stated earlier, is: where's the convoy? The absence of a convoy is weird and unmilitaristic.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I agree after looking at it again i would say it was a Bradley, i find the lack of convoy vehicles strange. I dont know about US SOP's but the UK dont put any Vehicles out on patrol on their own.Experience gained in Northern Ireland, lessons we had to learn the hard way.As the film in question shows.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The problem with these random video clips, like the one where it seems like a US Apache blows away three farmers, or the beheading of Nick Berg, or this one, is that it's taken completely out of context. For all we know so Hamas guys loaded a truck with explosives and detonated it to make a propaganda victory. Impossible to tell what happened really.

I do like the split second clip of the car dashboard with the tissue box though.

new topics

top topics

join