It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world will end in seven days?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A comet could have caused the so called Dark Ages and actually made them colder and darker due to blocking out a lot of sunlight. Comets of certain sizes may even periodically hit the Earth. The chances of one doing so in 2012 is probably a lot slimmer than one doing so sometime in the next 40 years. There may be a few disasters next year as well. However just because that happens doesn't mean most people will die or that it will be the end of the world.

I suppose if it affects you, it could be the end of the world as you knew it. If we lose power for months, many will think it's the end of the world as they knew it. I read somewhere there are large custom built transformers that could go down and be destroyed in an extreme solar event and they each cost over a million each and would take several months to build under normal conditions.

They went on to say if our Dept of Homeland security was worth anything and really wanted to protect the interests of Americans, they would have already ordered over a hundred of them and locked them up underground and put them in faraday cages to be put into use as quickly as possible after an electromagnetic attack or after an extreme solar storm destroyed hundreds of those. They could do that all for a few billion dollars. I'm thinking our dept of Homeland security thought such a thing would never happen and didn't do anything of the sort. If such an event happened, it would destroy our economy in addition to causing up to millions of deaths because they didn't feel a need to spend a few billion in insurance.

Will the world end at the end of my calendar or at the end of the Mayan Calendar? I highly doubt it.
Comets will periodically hit the Earth. That is certain unless we develop a means to stop it. Just because you have one in six odds of getting a 6 on a six sided dice doesn't mean it will pop up a six the next time you roll it.
Of course our government needs to prepare for eventual disasters and individuals as well if we believe the odds or risks are worth spending the money on mitigating the consequences.
edit on 25/12/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join