It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kopps (Swedish for Cops) Possibly one of the funniest Cop movies around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I just watched this and it is really, funny and quite original. Well, maybe not but I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it. Action, drama, laughs and stupidity. If you don't mind watching foreign films with subtitles, I think you will love it. I did search and didn't see it mentioned.

www.imdb.com...

And a little clip to whet the appetite:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

wow, that's really different.
ever seen Reno911 (USA) ? the show is hilarious, the movie was the pits though.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I have no TV and don't live in the US so for first question no. If the movie was the pits then I won't have seen that either as I always use IMDB to check the rating first. I generally don't watch anything under a 7.0. i know this one is just a 6.8 but I think it should have more. I watch a lot of foreign stuff too but always try to aim for a 7.0 rating or better in order to have fun and not waste my time seeing stuff I probably rather wouldn't. When I was younger I would watch just about anything but I found that as I got older, it just got irritating and tiresome.

This Kopps film is just some silly, childish fun, kinda like a Police Academy film, but with a different story and quite unique.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That looks really funny, I am tired of America made movies. Is this in english or does it have english captions?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

English subtitles, although mine (downloaded from Usenet) had Dutch. The dialog is not fast and complicated though, it's quite easy to follow the subtitles (there's also sites on the net to grab subtitles from if your copy doesn't have them) and there are many hilarious scenes in it.

ETA There are many great US films but this is why I use IMDB. It is a good indication of how well a film is constructed. Plot, acting, cinematography, etc.

edit on 23/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well I'm not 100% swedish, but I live in Sweden and I feel totally confused about this video - sure! there are some tough country cops here, but most of those thast you have contact with are very intelligent women!

If some idiot robs a bank they will send the former paratroopers who now serve as police officers - but in the end the women of the Swedish police force get the upper hand - (with good results) mostly!

And the Cowboys are sent back to the barracks!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

It's a comedy and the bank robbery scene is a daydream the LEO was having. The bank robbery did not take place.

ETA Enough spoilers already!

edit on 23/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Duh? of course I know it's a movie - BTW! I love the actor Fares Fares - just saw one of his newer movies - the one about the the "DAD" - sorry! don't know right now the direct translation in English

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I'd like to see more of his. I don't speak Swedish but maybe you could point it out via IMDB's list of his movies here:
www.imdb.com...
Apparently Jalla Jalla is the director's "best" movie but I laughed my ass off at this one anyway.

top topics

join