It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Queens Husband) Prince Philip In Hospital After Chest Pains

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
News just in:

The Duke was found to have a blocked artery causing his chest pains. It was treated successfully. He'll remain in hospital "under observation."

This was just discussed on sky news btw. I'll look for a source giving some more information now.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Now that would have taken around at least 6 months just to get that diagnosed if it was a serf on the NHS.

Ah well, I guess they are royalty and deserve to be looked after with more care because....erm....well...they just do dammit!

edit on 23-12-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig
Why isn't the Queens husband the king? Shouldn't it be King and Queen...?

Its to do with bloodlines :

The wife of a male monarch (i.e. a king) is a queen. The husband of a female monarch is generally a prince, at least in England. Husbands of Mary I, Anne and Victoria were all called prince. (Mary II was the exception in ruling in tandem with her husband)

"King" denotes a monarch. Philip is not the monarch.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The weirdest part is that I wasn't aware the Queen's husband was still alive. How come no one ever talks about him? I've never seen a photograph of him with the Queen to my memory. He's alive, eh?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Blood clot . Stick him on thinners and he will be fine for now . Until he gets another clot , that one may be worse than this one . He needs to walk rather than sit or his blood may pool in his lower body ( legs ) . imo

edit on 23-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
He carries out almost 400 engagements every year. Just a few less than his daughter Ann who has had the number one spot for hardest working royal for donkeys.
Now, he has all his faculties judging by his last snide/inappropriate whatever remark. The man is 90, hope I can do and put up with half the crap he has to if I even get to his age......and please don't start with the silver spoon and has all the luxuries to help him live longer, I do not by any stretch of the imagination come from the equivalent....but reaching our 90's and100's is the 'norm' in my family.

Rainbows with fairy lights
Jane

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Kim Jong Il, Qaddafi and this POS dying this year would sure make this the best year ever.

He sure won't be missed.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
A bunch of genetically identical humans the same as you and I are convinced they are better than the rest.because of self made fantasy Royal Titles The "Prince" being rushed to hospital could have put someone else to the bottom of the list because of who he is.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 23-12-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
I hate royalty. 100%. Born with a silver spoon up thier backsides, and paid for by the people.

Hate them I tells ya.

Tell me why then this is such big news to the western news media
even our canadian local media talking spinheads took so hard almost as if they have royalty blood.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Blood Clot huh? Probably from all that blood they drink at their Satanic rituals.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Dont like the man, I live in Edinburgh, he is our Duke. Think hes been to Ediburgh 2 times (slight joke)
Some of his comments over the years have been racist, sectarian and rude.

Actually he tends to go at least once a year, but hey ho, what are facts worth these days?

And most of his comments tend to get blown out of proportion. You have to remember, this guy is 90 and from another era. My gran used to talk just like him, meant no offence, but it was the way they were brought up.

He is HATED over here in the UK, so I guess not a lot of sadness here.

No, he isn't. A source of mirth for some, many simply don't care either way. Exactly why do you think he is "HATED"?

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by shauny

And... he's Greek.

I never understood Europeans willingness to allow royalty from other nations to rule over them.

The Royal houses of Europe are all related, so it is really disengenous to say he is "foreign". He is also a British citizen. Besides, he served in the RN from the age of 18 and fought in WW2 in the Med and Pacific Theatres.

Most people in the UK dont even like royalty. Unless your a Rangers/Chelsea/Millwall/Hearts type Fan.

Another grand claim based on nothing but your own opinion. Look at any poll for the last 50 years and you will a consistent majority in favour of the Monarchy.

I hate royalty. 100%. Born with a silver spoon up thier backsides, and paid for by the people.

Hate them I tells ya.

That much is obvious and clearly you know bugger all. They don't cost us a bean, once income from the Crown Estate is factored in. They actually do an awful lot of work for the country and charity. I'd even go so far to say that they have done a damned site more for their fellow man than you ever have.

Originally posted by MushroomWig
Why isn't the Queens husband the king? Shouldn't it be King and Queen...?

Jeebus............

Originally posted by paperface
He is a nasty peice of work.If anything the recesion in the uk has turned even more people against him and his free loading stuck up emotionally crippled oafs.

Big claim and based on what?

Originally posted by Tangled2011
amazing how quick certain people can get a hospital bed, not only that but have quick surgery too. Wouldn't mind if they gone around the world spreading peace and harmony and we were all on the same level...however when they sit on their trillions of pounds looking down at people starving you just have to wonder why we accept this #.

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Now that would have taken around at least 6 months just to get that diagnosed if it was a serf on the NHS.

Ah well, I guess they are royalty and deserve to be looked after with more care because....erm....well...they just do dammit!

So, if you had chest pains you'd think you'd be on a waiting list at A&E? I can guarantee that if you had the same symptoms, and ambulance would whisk you off to Hospital within 10 minutes and you'd be in surgery as quick as he was. Usual bollocks being spouted on ATS without any thought as to whether it's true or not.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Kim Jong Il, Qaddafi and this POS dying this year would sure make this the best year ever.

He sure won't be missed.

Piss off Vitchilo, typical anti-British swipe again.

edit on 24/12/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Blood Clot huh? Probably from all that blood they drink at their Satanic rituals.

Yeah, the guy gives me the creeps. I get the same feeling when I look at him as I do the Pope.

He is well known for his (nasty/funny - depending on your taste) quotes.

Prince Phillip quotes

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Piss off Vitchilo, typical anti-British swipe again.

Last time I checked, those inbred thugs weren't the British people. They are not even British, they are GERMANS.

So if being against those scum is anti-something, it's anti-German.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There are lots of other people who are in hospital with heart conditions, I have the same level of sympathy for any of them as much as Prince Phillip. I don't like to put anyone on a pedestal.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Last time I checked, those inbred thugs weren't the British people. They are not even British, they are GERMANS.

So if being against those scum is anti-something, it's anti-German.

That's as idiotic as claiming that your not America, but whatever country your great grandparents came from. Or my sister is German because she was born there. Utterly retarded argument. The Queen and her ancestors were all British born and raised going back to Queen Victoria's father Prince Edward. I would say they are more British than a lot of people who live here and call themselves such. What you are effectively saying is that any immigrant cannot call themselves British, even if they are 4th or 5th generation...

At any rate, merely by virtue of the fact that, 200 years ago, their ancestors were from Saxe-Coburg or whatever it was doesn't make them German, it is merely where that particualr Royal House was based, but they themselves had people from several different countries.

You are merely displaying an outstanding level of ignorance and blatant prejudice.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I hate football, footballers, and football fandom. It can all go rot. But the Queen is a diamond, a gutsy lady who did her bit like everyone else back when bombs were falling and half of London was on fire. She didnt hide underground, instead chosing to go out and drive ambulances during the Blitz. If Philip is good enough of a man to have the love of such a courageous person, then rude or not, hes alright with me (although he can be something of an oaf).

I hope that his innings isnt over yet. Occasionally his public gaffes are amusing!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Maybe one of the slaves that he looks down upon so much came back as a virus. Good for him. I hope he burns in hell with the other elite scum that think they're above the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

He is HATED over here in the UK, so I guess not a lot of sadness here.

Dear me, I must have missed your poll. Me and everyone I know that is. Or maybe we just inhabit different universes. I quite admire him actually - gaffes and all. He has always been his own person despite being part of the royal institution. He is spectacularly politically incorrect which is just what we need in these censored times. I wish him well and hope he is back with his family for at least part of Christmas.
Ps and whatever he is on at 90, I would like some of it too pretty please.

edit on 24-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

How old are you? No more than 14 I guess.
edit on 24-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Personally I think the royals are great., Prince Phillip included. He has been given a hard time by the press I think. He's not a racist, he speaks his mind, he tries to put people at ease. His comments are always said with a mischevious twinkle in the eye and should be taken as such. There's not many people who can publicly say whatever they like and the few that do exist should be protected, so they can keep doing it.

Read up on the man or something, he's not a racist, he's a free spirit in a lot of ways, a very shackled one in others. He also gave up his loved and worked for career to support the queen in a life of service, how many men would do the same for their wives nowadays eh, not many I expect.

I'm a fairly poor working class fella and I willingly pay my £0.62 a year to support their existance. There's not much in this country to be proud about, but I'm proud to have the royals as our figureheads. They don't just sit around on their arses all day, drinking port and eating swans, they spend their lives in service to the country.

Prince Harry just the other day, went out looking for a friend on his own after he was mugged, just a human being looking out for a pal, not some imaginary human, lording it about at our expence.

All the royal bashing that goes on just p**ses me off no end, its probably done by the same people that look at someone driving a nice car, or living in a nice house and thinking ' posh, stuck up ****s ' It's mostly unfounded and a lot simple minded. Long live the royals and everything they do in your names.

So I wish Prince Phillip a speedy recovery and hope they can still enjoy Christmas as a family like most of us will be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join