It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GREAT"- New AC ad taunts Obama- The 4th Greatest President Ever [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
New ad by American Crossroads entitled "Great", calls out Barack Obama by using his own words against him. Recently Obama made some very bold statements during in an interview for 60 Minutes (CBS). He made the claim that by the time he leaves office, he will be one of the greatest presidents in US history, citing only Johnson, FDR, and Lincoln being potentially better than him.

Here's the ad:

This is what Obama said:
"Well, we're not done yet. I've got five more years of stuff to do. But not only saving this country from a great depression. Not only saving the auto industry. But putting in place a system in which we're gonna start lowering health care costs and you're never gonna go bankrupt because you get sick or somebody in your family gets sick. Making sure that we have reformed the financial system, so we never again have taxpayer-funded bailouts, and the system is more stable and secure. Making sure that we've got millions of kids out here who are able to go to college because we've expanded student loans and made college more affordable. Ending Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Decimating al Qaeda, including Bin Laden being taken off the field. Restoring America's respect around the world.

The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president – with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln – just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we've got a lot more work to do. And we're gonna keep on at it."

Here's the part of the 60 minutes interview:

At yesterday’s White House press briefing, a reporter asked the presidential spokesman, Jay Carney, about Obama's statements.
Carney basically said, yes he is:

"Sure, I mean, this has obviously been of great interest in the conservative blogosphere, but the fact of the matter is, he has — he was making a point about the volume and substance of the legislative accomplishments, and the foreign policy accomplishments, in his nearly three years in power.

He was not making an assertion of — that only historians will make about the success or — this was not a comparison of success to other presidencies except in the significance and substance and size of the legislative accomplishments, whether it’s health care reform, which was an effort that took 100 years to accomplish;
or the Recovery Act, which was an enormous response to an historic economic crisis;
the bailout of the automobile industry, the saving of the American automobile industry against great political opposition;
and on the foreign policy front, continuing to take the fight successfully to al-Qaeda, embodied most notably in the successful mission to remove Osama bin Laden from the battlefield;
the successful efforts that we led to bring the international community behind the effort of the Libyan opposition to remove Moammar Qaddafi from power.
I could go on, and believe me, I will, as time permits. But it was within the context of the substance and volume of what has happened in the face of enormous challenges in these past nearly three years."

So...what Obama was saying was that he is greater than all the other presidents when it comes to the significance, substance and size of his legislative accomplishments.
OH REALLY?!

Obama's latest poll numbers (GALLUP):

Barack Obama's Most Recent Weekly Approval Rating Average:
42%
(Dec 12-18, 2011)

Barack Obama's Term Average:
50%

Barack Obama's High Point:
69%

(Jan 22-24, 2009)

Barack Obama's Low Point:
38%
(several times,
most recently
Oct 15-17, 2011)

edit on 23-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: added 60 minutes interview video

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow, talk about being modest and humble. Of course he Obama never seems to actually mean what he says unless he's talking about change so...
edit on 23-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Standing Ovation....

Ad of the year award.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
lol!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Its just ok...puts too much emphasis on his ego that he might or might not have versus the atrocious actions he's led this country through.

But I guess this is what the people need to start seeing how he really is? I don't know.

I personally would've preferred to see his flip flop on the patriot act added in there, that is the blatant one.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

haha

I slow clapped!

new topics

top topics

join