It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teased by the Creator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Are we being teased by God? Paradise is promised by Jesus to a guy on a cross in the gospel somewhere, but we don't end up seeing it by this far along. There is a such thing as paradise? Really?! Why did we have to come to earth if there is such a place?

Wouldn't it had been better if God never made earth to begin with? We are being teased about some next coming of Christ???
Or are we not? The quicker the next coming, the better it is because one will realize they end up in paradise which I suspect is the kingdom of God.

Is the Creator just teasing us with certain things written in the bible?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
ayup john

i think peeps have steered from you, cos thy did not word it carefully(ha)
no sarcasm intended
maybe trying to analyze to much in 1 go,
i done that once and nearly chocked on my kebab(joke)
dave
edit on 10/25/2011 by davesmart because: i edited because.....sod knows i forgot...flag u anyway

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The kingdom of God is within...

And i don't believe there will be a "second comming" of Christ in the flesh..

Though perhaps hes already here in spirit...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Have you ever considered the fact that there were religions here before the bible? have you ever wondered why there is an official king james version? too many translations, it is used for control, that is all and only based partially on truth. I can never get past the fact that if the devil according to the bible runs this earth, and the devil is so bad, why would the devil allow god to give you the very thing that could bring you salvation(the bible)?

I do believe that aspects of it are true, but the important stuff never got in the versions we read.

It is like the Jesus thing, if people followed what he taught rather than worshipping him, the world would be a different place entirely.

There are many many things that are not correct in it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
anything that hasn't come into your living experience is pretty much equal to it being make believe. The whole world is playing make believe when it comes to god.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Jesus = Dionysus = Ausar = ?

I doubt God is playing childish games with us, however such beliefs of the rapture or the return of Jesus are going to continue to persist with each incoming generation. They'll be told the same stories, eagerly waiting for some mystical occurrence with nothing happening; a never ending cycle!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The bible is a work of fiction. God is an invention and is NOT real. Jesus did NOT exist and the whole concept was invented as a means of controlling ignorant primitive societies.

The only person teasing you is yourself, believing in this nonsense and genuinely displaying confusion as it becomes apparent that the reason these things arent happening is because they were made up and you have wasted a large part pf your life worshiping a non-existant omnipotent supernatural entity.

If I was religious I think I'd start feeling a bit daft once I realised I'd been had. It's a scam, that's all it ever was. Some nice traditions and moral ethics remain but that should be all.

Anyone waiting for a second coming of Jesus is going to be a bit dissapointed. There is more chance of Elvis coming back because he actually existed.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

God has answered your question through the word.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Dear WarJohn,

I will treat your questions as a hypothetical and make the assumption that you are being sincere. People answering you that "God loves you" or "God is as real as the tooth fairy" are non-responsive to your question and I will give neither; but, I will assume for purposes of the question that God and Jesus exist and that your question is when do we get paradise. By the way, I am a Christian so I don't have a problem with making these assumptions.

Wouldn't it had been better if God never made earth to begin with? We are being teased about some next coming of Christ??? Or are we not? The quicker the next coming, the better it is because one will realize they end up in paradise which I suspect is the kingdom of God.

The purpose of life is to define ourselves. Pretty simple, the purpose is to define for ourselves who we are. If you are never tested, you never really know yourself. You may think that you believe one thing; but, when confronted with a challenge you might find out you were better or worse than you thought you were. You have to mature if you are going to have mature relationships. Spoiled children never learn and never mature emotionally. That is why we do not live the Club Med experience, in my opinion and in response to your question.

Life is short, it is but a vapor. The idea of never finding out what we are capable individually and as a group is disturbing to me. I would not want to be born in paradise, I would like to be able to appreciate it. Having said all of that, I think that the image most people have of paradise is wrong anyways. I do not imagine paradise as sitting around, having everything you want and never facing challenges again, that would be eternal boredom.

Ask yourself what the solution is to the question of eternity. What would eternity have to be like in order for boredom to never overwhelm and overtake you? I would argue that it is one of continual growth for the individual, or there always being more questions and more answers and that each of us comes to them on our own rather than simply knowing everything to begin with. For this reason I think life on earth is exactly as it must be, afterwords I believe it only gets easier. Peace and I hope you find this answer responsive.

new topics

top topics

join