It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with no concept of money....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Manhater

Um. It was given her to use to buy what she wanted as a gift.
She chose what she wanted with her bday money.

You had no right returning the bday gifts SHE chose with money GIVEN to HER to use as HER bday gift(s) choices.

Horrible parenting.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: Manhater

Um. It was given her to use to buy what she wanted as a gift.
She chose what she wanted with her bday money.

You had no right returning the bday gifts SHE chose with money GIVEN to HER to use as HER bday gift(s) choices.

Horrible parenting.

7 year old thread necro'd, but totally worth the discussion still. I don't tell my kids what to buy, just that when their money runs out, it's OUT. No loans til next chore payout, nada. If they want to waste it on stupid stuff, fine, but that's on them when it dawns on them they're still THAT far from the big ticket stuff they claimed they were saving up for.

To my younger daughter's credit, however, she does have her own savings account that she actually puts in to. She saves up for shopping at rock (as in rocks, minerals, fossils) shows to add to her collections, and the APY aspect fascinates her. She loves crunching the numbers and figuring out the monthly compound on it.

My older daughter's a bit of a quick spender, but she's starting to get the idea (from her younger sister, no less) than being broke when you REALLY want something mom & dad won't buy sucks.

I think one of the crappiest things to do to kids is to not teach them to deal with the consequences of impulse buying. They have to do it a few times and forgo -- with no help from parents -- what they originally wanted a while before the idea of money management sinks in, we all learned this growing up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join