It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to Vladimir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dear Mr Putin,

You know the old saying that "Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely", well I'm afraid you have
reached this point.

You are embarrassing your self with your sordid grasping at power.
Do the decent thing and give the Russian people proper democracy, they'll
love you for it.

You will be remembered as a Russian Hero. Instead you are heading for just another
dictator that every one will loathe and eventually ridicule.

Look at Mikhail Gorbachev, one of the most respected men in the world.
Why is he respected, well think about it,

It's all up to you.

Rigel4

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

'Do the decent thing and give the Russian people 'proper democracy'.' ok, this seems about as abundant as monatomic gold. when you find evidence of proper democracy, please let me know so i can compare it with the various western institutions versions to see what's what and who is coming up short.
f

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Any Western democracy is better than
the Status Quo in Russia at the present.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

the western model is looking more and more like it is not fit for purpose. with the uk
democracy for instance,it is clear the corporations have the ultimate say on what levels
of democracy we the peeps are allowed to engage in. europe,the great taxpayer robbery (bankers),
austerity measures, i could go on.
one large issue is the gdp to debt comparison. at the moment i understand the raw data, not
accounting for household debt is 600% of gdp. so the debt the government is holding if it
is the case it is 600%, is going to take at least a decade to reduce to a comfort level.are
the people informed of this by the media and government? i don't think they are. i think
this is one area where corporations and government collude to keep a lid on the cauldron
of harsh reality.
the peeps have no say in this and there is a distinct absence of accountability and information
as to who allowed it to go that far. we have no say as to what levels of punishment we receive
in servicing all the debt and austerity experiments.
i would argue that the uk version of rampant financial terrorism will fracture and destroy
what i feel russia has the potential to become. it would be a shame to see another country
succumb to the influences of external forces. they are slowly imo building their version
of democracy which the people will eventually vote on. it's their shout and we, the uk,us
and eu etc etc should keep our noses out lest they be bloodied.
democracy? yes. our version? noooooooooo!
regards fakedirt

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A message to Vladimir,

Hold up your birth certificate and declare you are running for U.S. President!

If he made it into a YouTube video he'd have millions of hits and generate enough revenue to fund his Election in Russia. True Capitalism at work.

(i in no way support Vladimir. I don't know a damned thing about the man other than he's russian)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Does he even understand English?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

like the rigged 2000,2004 and 2008 elections in USA? Better sure

Both are same ####

join