It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Programmed To Elect Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A recent skit on NBC Nightly News and some of the information that I've found here on ATS got me thinking...
Could TPTB controlled media be using the "power of suggestion" to trick us into voting for Ron Paul?

I understand that there are many Ron Paul supporters here on ATS and I also happen to be one of them, but I also understand that things in this world aren't always what they seem, so I try to keep an open mind and think outside the box as much as possible. I'm only entertaining this thought to bring a fresh perspective to the topic and inspire communication. With that being said, I hope this sparks your interest...

Here's a clip of the broadcast I was talking about:

This is my first thread, so if the video doesn't post, here's the link:

youtu.be...

Now I'm no expert on the "power of suggestion", but I do have a basic understanding of some of the principles. When you watch the clip, you'll notice that the reporter states there's a 3-way tie, but they're only showing 2 pictures. Now being a Ron Paul supporter myself, and someone who has been following the coverage of the candidates, I naturally assumed they were going to put his picture up there next to Newt and Romney's. After all, the reporter SAID there was a 3-way tie which suggests that there is a missing photo. We ALL know that Ron Paul is right up there with those guys (if not ahead), so naturally my subconscious filled in the blank with Ron Paul's picture.
But what if I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter?
Who's picture would you fill the blank in with?
Gingrich and Romney's pictures are already up there, so if you support one of these guys, then who's picture would you fill in the blank with?
Now keep in mind I'm one of the millions of people who actually watched the broadcast live on national television. I didn't stumble upon this video on youtube, I went looking for it after seeing the show so that I could use it in this post. So factor that into your equation before you go ripping into me.

Everyone who watched that broadcast was asked a subliminal question by not including a third candidate's picture whether they realized it or not. A huge chunk of those people, including all of Mitt and Newt's supporters answered that question with: Ron Paul
I know I'm reaching here, but maybe there's more evidence to support this theory than I'm aware of.
Could NBC simply be trying to piss Ron Paul's supporters off by not giving him his props ( like we all agree they are), or could there be a more sinister reason for getting us all worked up?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the discussion.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The question that comes to mind is why would TPTB be doing this?

Since Ron stands for the exact opposite of what TPTB stands for, what's the point? They could have programmed the Nation to vote for anyone else but Ron. In fact, they could make Obama look like a Saint if it suited their purpose. I know it would be a stretch but it could be done...

So my answer would be no. Ron is kicking their collective asses and they are nervous.

Peace

edit on 22-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I suppose in a way, yes. People are trying to convince others to vote for the man. In a way we're all programmed to do everything we do in a society. Do I think there is an agenda with 'TPTB'? No. Not a great candidate for them for a number of reasons. Mainly because I don't think he will get a nomination.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I guess I've been programmed, because I have an irresistible urge to do what I think is right.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It only brings attention and makes you ask why they are not showing his picture. You go do research and find out what hes about. So in the end ron paul gets even more coverage then he would have gotten off that poll.

The main stream news networks know this, so why would they do it if they wear opposed? We all know they are smarter than this. Their job is propaganda and persuasion, they went to school for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

It may be TPTB plan all along....to elect Ron Paul....now I know why many of us (we the people) want him elected....but the big question to me is: Why do TPTB want him elected? What are their hidden agendas?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
lmao finally, I knew this was going to be a hit instantly for whoever saw it live like me.

it was a serious wtf moment for me flipping through the channels, I laughed so hard. "someone else"

blatanly ron paul lol.

ron pauls electability has skyrocketed this time around because it's a message of real actual, rational, change that people can get behind 100%, not cause of the $$$, because of what they feel is right in their heart.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If the TPTB, which I don't really think exist, at least not on the scale most conspiracy theorist suggest. I belives is more a fractured group all with different agendas and not a unified force of wealth and all inspiring evil.

ANYWAYS, if the TPTB is programing us to vote for Ron Paul then their doing a terrible job. What with the MSM constantly ignoring, ridiculing, or reminding everyone that he has a snowballs chance at the office. Oh and also making his supports out to be whack jobs who number in few and rig Internet polls.

If anything the TPTB is programing people not to vote for Ron Paul.

EDIT: Another thing thats sort of on topic. I've noticed that now Ron Paul has gotten popular enough that the MSM can't pretend he doesn't exist anymore they go out of their way covering him in negative light.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The question that comes to mind is why would TPTB be doing this?

Since Ron stands for the exact opposite of what TPTB stands for, what's the point?

To make us feel empowered when he actually gets elected. We're gonna feel like we beat them at their own game, and we're gonna be ready to get behind our president and pass anything he asks for. Obama doesn't possess this power anymore, and the current opposition to Dr. Paul never will.

edit on 22-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by Bone75 because: I'm new

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe they know something we don't about upcoming developments and would like to have a fall guy to take the heat
edit on 22-12-2011 by coldkidc because: too many words

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've thought about this and if TPTB are constructing something involving Ron Paul, it's not going to be good.

Only two scenarios can happen (ONLY if TPTB are involved in this).
1. He's elected and he also turns out to be a liar and everyone starts rioting.
2. He won't get elected and everyone starts rioting.

Either way, the end result will be the same IF Ron Paul isn't a puppet or being used.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Bone75

It may be TPTB plan all along....to elect Ron Paul....now I know why many of us (we the people) want him elected....but the big question to me is: Why do TPTB want him elected? What are their hidden agendas?

Well if you look at his big agendas like returning to gold standards and "staying out of other people's business", you'll realize that these agendas aren't just going to change our country... they're going to change the world. One thing in particular is his stance on Israel. Dr. Paul has clearly stated that he believes Israel is a sovereign nation that shouldn't have to answer to the United States on how run their country. He doesn't want to turn his back on them, he wants to get out of their way.

I watched this interview with a Sheik that might help shed some light on this angle. It's been posted on ATS before, but it's really interesting how Ron Paul's agenda ties into this. Sorry it's pretty long.

youtu.be...
edit on 22-12-2011 by Bone75 because: forgot the video oops

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
no

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Why would they do that when appealing to the ignorant masses works much better, is easier, and runs less a risk of failing?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow so blatant, also notice how it is a silhouette of Jared Lee Loughner, and they are trying to use subliminal programming to equate Ron Paul with him. Such blatant obvious mind tricks that only work on the sheep.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
lmao finally, I knew this was going to be a hit instantly for whoever saw it live like me.

it was a serious wtf moment for me flipping through the channels, I laughed so hard. "someone else"

blatanly ron paul lol.

I found it pretty provocative. That's why I'm wondering if maybe there's a reason for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Wow.. good eye. That really appears to be Loughner's silhouette. It really makes me angry and sick that they do stuff like this. I wish Occupy would Occupy the news stations and demand that if channels are going to claim to be news stations then they are fair and balanced.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

So am I, which is why I'm still gonna vote for him.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Maybe they know something we don't about upcoming developments and would like to have a fall guy to take the heat

Of course they do.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't think we are being programmed. People that are not aware of what has been going on with Ron Paul being blacked out and are "asleep", have no idea that Ron Paul is at the top, some don't even know that he is still in the race, the Main stream media is working fine on them, they still don't know what is going on and believe every single thing that they are told. Ask your co workers, people you come across in the streets, friends and family and you will find out how well this is still working on some of them. Those who have problems trying to have a conversation with these people, know what I'm talking about. I am starting to believe the "rumors" going around about the black out order on RP because that is what it exactly looks like, almost all of the media was doing the same thing and ignoring him, I doubt that it is just a coincidence.

The Federal Security Service (FSB) is reporting today that the “secret letter” sent to Prime Minister Putin by Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda contains a warning that United States President Barack Obama has issued an executive-level “kill order” against US Congressman Ron Paul over fears this charismatic politician, who many believe could capture the Republican Presidential 2012 nomination, is about to expose to all Americans what can only be described as the largest mass theft in human history. The “kill order” is a metaphor for silincing down congressman Ron Paul in the mass media as if he doesn’t exist.

LINK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join