It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can and can't you say on the internet, now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
With the new regulations (NDAA) that could potentially make otherwise law abiding American citizens potential terrorist subjects, for what they may say on the www... And, the fact that the fed is monitoring websites to find persons of interest, I'm wonder what you can and cannot say? I know they left the description vague, so they could interpret it loosely, thus giving them more control and discretion over who they want to charge, and what for. But, besides the obvious (you can't threaten the pres), what can you say and what can't you say on the internet, if you don't want to be unjustly targeted as a terrorist?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
when in doubt go with "no you do say, the Gov will not like that" or "that is not very home land of you" and then there is " now if I was not for the Home land, I would say" and lastly " for what you just said the Gov will come for you"

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Well, if you are an American Citizen, you have the right to say whatever you damn well please.

So if your a comedian, make sure your words do not get taken out of context. I joke around often, but sometimes
it does not go over well. Particularly if your humor is not understood.

That can be difficult, as the Internet is like a room full of strangers.

Furthermore, you may have to stand by your words .

So be prepared to endure scrutiny if necessary.

Just remember, you can always change your mind.

Politeness,decency, and manners go a long way.

But don't live in a mental soup can, as it defeats the whole purpose of free speech.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
No one will ever stop me saying what I like. I aim to excercise my free speech as often as possible. The only way I will stop is if I am taken out

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Did this pass yet?

I expect this entire site to be blocked, when this happens.

Alot of subject amtter on here, is borederline offensive to government sensibilities.

Intelligent people discussing ideas, is not something that the government likes.

So when the bill passes, because no one did anything. Everyone will complain about how the internet is censored. Then when people get mad, and protest it, they will be mocked... at least we won't have to read about it on ats anymore.

top topics

join