It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating new dates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I put this in paranormal studies because i'm not sure what else this would be.

okay, this idea just sort of sprang up while reading about Iran getting the bomb supposedly a year from 12/21/2011 or whatever, and the significance of dates.

so for all you people out there who believe in the significance of dates, synchronicity and numbers and all that, what do you think about the creation of new dates? with the intent to evoke certain feelings and emotions to that new created date.

what I mean is, say I created a completely revolutionary invention for the world today.
December 21, 2011 would be the date and it would be attached with all the feelings of inventions and whatever to that date a year from now, and so on. which just happens to be December 21, 2012.

what i'm getting at is, could a completely new date be created to create a certain atmosphere?
or controlling the power of dates for agendas?

sorry if this makes no sense to you, well not really, I re-read it and i'm sure someone will get it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

the statement :

" iran will have the bomb in a year "

is firstly a supposition - based on what western intelligence knows about thier progress to date

second ` in a year ` is widley accepted as a benchmark , implying 10 ~ 14 months , in such speculative cases

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Are you saying that, if a significant event occurs on one particular day, then the anniversary of the day will have a certain emotional energy, good or bad, attached to it, depending on whether the event of the first date was good or bad?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I believe we have the power to make some dates appear more significant than other dates by will of our collective consciousness. Given the right amount of attention, emotion and imagery, any date can be created to serve a specific purpose or agenda.

September 11 is a good example. Before 2001, that date might have held significance for those born on September the 11th as being their birthday. Now, however, most people associate it with the 2001 attacks on the world trade centre and the resulting loss of their freedoms.
edit on 21/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

OK, absolutely agree with you. Where do we take it from here?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

We need an influential person to rise up and encourage the global population to discard negative energies and instead embrace positive energies such as peace, love, tolerance and critical thinking. Once enough people participate, mankind as a whole will start to create dates of significance for all the right reasons.
edit on 22/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Dear Dark Ghost,

All right, we need an influential person. I don't know if the current leader of any country would be accepted, perhaps a religious figure? The Dali Lama and the Pope come to mind, but the billion or so people of China don't like the Dali Lama, and the billion or so Muslims don't like the Pope.

Good thinking, Dark Ghost, but I'm a little stumped on who to call on for our influential person..

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You raise a good point. It is difficult to imagine a person that the whole world will respect and look up to just because of the diversity in culture, ideals and history throughout the world. (Not to mention that one people's Hero is another people's Villain.) I can't really think of any one person who could fit the role besides some Messianic figure...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I would imagine that this is what happens when a new holiday is created. for example, thanksgiving day has become a day of family and food. Until that holiday was formalized, it was just another day.

new topics

top topics

join