It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would John Titor's time machine actually work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Titor described the time machine on several occasions. In an early post, he described it as a "stationary mass, temporal displacement unit powered by two top-spin, dual positive singularities", producing a "standard off-set Tipler sinusoid". The earliest post was more explicit, saying it contained the following:

Two magnetic housing units for the dual micro singularities
An electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity micro singularities
A cooling and X-ray venting system
Gravity sensors, or a variable gravity lock
Four main cesium clocks
Three main computer units
According to the posts, the device was installed in the rear of a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette convertible and later moved to a 1987 truck having four-wheel drive.

Has anybody actually ever spoken to a scientist who is an expert in this area about Titors machine? I would be very intrested to know if it is at all possible.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DanTheOutlaw

Do not forget the 1.21 jiga watts needed to run the thing

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcomp

haaaa.
you can only get that from lightening unless you have a "mr. fusion" from the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcomp

1.2 giga watts is useless without a flux capacitor.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanTheOutlaw
Titor described the time machine on several occasions. In an early post, he described it as a "stationary mass, temporal displacement unit powered by two top-spin, dual positive singularities", producing a "standard off-set Tipler sinusoid". The earliest post was more explicit, saying it contained the following:

Two magnetic housing units for the dual micro singularities
An electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity micro singularities
A cooling and X-ray venting system
Gravity sensors, or a variable gravity lock
Four main cesium clocks
Three main computer units
According to the posts, the device was installed in the rear of a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette convertible and later moved to a 1987 truck having four-wheel drive.

Has anybody actually ever spoken to a scientist who is an expert in this area about Titors machine? I would be very intrested to know if it is at all possible.

this is like the 10th post about John Titor i've seen in the past week, ya'll are watching too much Stein's Gate and getting fantasies mixed up with hard physics.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I apologize, not trolling. I just find the Titor story amusing.

Besides, you cant just build a time machine out of any old Vette or truck. Everyone knows that it would have to be made of stainless steel to handle the flux dispersal.

I will now make like a tree and get out of here.

Good Luck

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
They made a time machine once for Action Man on Blue Peter, and all they used was toilet roll tubes, cardboard, a bit of tinfoil and some sticky back plastic !

The titor story is really hard to swallow it's just comical to me sorry OP !

Peace

(NB. Blue Peter is a long running kids TV show in UK, watched it when I was a kid and its still running today 40odd years later ! )
PS. I don't STILL watch it by the way !!! LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is not possible. The smallest singularity you can have that is stable has the mass of Mt Everest. I'd like to see someone transport that in a corvette. In order to have enough mass to affect space-time you need about a sun's worth of mass. Not possible to have in such a small area and contain it.

Sorry, the way he described it, it would never function.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MConnalley

Seriously guys, screw you trolls I would honestly like to know.

K. Are you that slow? You think the liar wouldn't be able to prove it? I don't think anyone was trolling. Well maybe you are. It's so hard to tell in here. Retards, trolls and a slight, slight number of legit posters.

Go # yourself. And you should be happy now correct? mother #er

Yep that's helpful. Why in the world would anyone want to help you or give you any kind of useful information when you respond like that? This is not your X-BOX game forum here! We speak to each other as adults not like that. If someone is not answering to your liking then retort with a more intelligent phrase.

I believe you could find a wealth of information regarding John Titor by using this sites search feature.
edit on 12/21/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Well actually i am not otherwise i would have not asked the question.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I am new to the site i did not know how the search feature works sorry.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley

Go # yourself. And you should be happy now correct? mother #er

I almost hesitate to suggest a DeLorean that can go 88mph....

The machine had a U.S. Patent filed in 2004. This whole Titor thing is a hoax.

johntitor.com...

Published 2006

Inventor: Marlin B. Pohlman, Tulsa, OK

www.freepatentsonline.com...

edit on 22-12-2011 by SonoftheSun because: added info.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

www.freepatentsonline.com...

My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid. You may be disappointed to know that the ability to manipulate gravity is not the technical challenge that had to be overcome. Miniaturizing the clocks and sensors, creating clever ways to vent x-rays and creating a computer system dependable enough to calculate the changes required to the field were the main challenges. There are no missing pieces�just missing energy levels and a few very interesting subatomic particles

Time travel is achieved by altering gravity. This concept is already proven by atomic clock experiments. The closer an observer is to a gravity source (high mass), the slower time passes for them. Traveling at high speeds mimics this effect which = the twin paradox of faster than light travel. However, this type of gravity manipulation is not sufficient to alter your world line. The basic math to alter world lines exists right now. Tipler first described a working "time machine" through his theory of massive rotating spheres. The mass and gravitational field of a microsingularity can then be manipulated by "injecting" electrons onto its surface. By rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, it is possible to create and modify a local gravity sinusoid that replicates the affects of a Kerr black hole.

there are 2 singularities in the unit. The gravity field is manipulated by three factors that affect it in distinct ways. Adding electric charge to the singularities increases the diameter of the inner event horizons. Adding mass to the singularities increases the area of gravitational influence around the singularities. Rotating and positioning the polar axis of the singularities affects and alters the gravity sinusoid. The effects of the gravity produced by the unit do not have enough time to significantly alter physical objects within a reasonable distance from the outside of the sinusoid.

The singularities do not create Tipler cylinders they create the same physical environment without all the mass. The same math works for both. There are two singularities. Their mass and spin is altered in order to adjust the size of the ergosphere and cause the event horizons to interact and create the gravity sinusoid.

Ultra rare photo of John Titor...

edit on 22-12-2011 by METACOMET because: pc

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

And the Titor story is from 200-2001, so what is your point?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

My point ? I believe that Marlin B. Pohlman most probably is John Titor.

Here is an interesting thread in which I did not participate. It might be of interest to you, to the OP and/or anyone else interested in the Titor story.

Debunk This.John Titor Time travel machine C204 Patented!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
that supposed rare picture of John Titor, is a scene from Napoleon Dynamite he is
uncle Rico, ha ha people are so gullible...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

lncc1701e
that supposed rare picture of John Titor, is a scene from Napoleon Dynamite he is
uncle Rico, ha ha people are so gullible...

Aren't they?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join