It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't any predictions about anything positive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
To prove the above point just think of which one of the following predictions would you want to know more about if you could.

There will be X years of world peace starting in the year XXXX.

or

War will break out between country XXXXX and country XXXXXXXX in the year XXXX.

I would probably want to know more about the war than about the peace.

edited note: I am not trying to make a prediction here so I hope no war breaks out between the two countries I just thought of for this example.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

WHY ARE ALL PREDICTIONS ABOUT DEATH AND DESTRUCTION?!?!

yup,why cant somebody come up with something nice-like record number of lottery winners will be linked to ATS discussion/forum site!!

guess people like to here miserble stuff,no news is good news

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The title of this post is something I have never thought about before.

Maybe it is just that nasty happenings are more likely than good ones.

I have never been into predictions because I think for every prediction that comes true, a million did not, so I think it is pure coinsidence.

That being said, if predictors draw of some kind of energy(not saying I believe that), maybe negative energy is stronger than positive, therefore tey focus unintentionally on that.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
People dont predict postive things because it wouldnt sell the books or tv show about there prediction. An example is if people had predicted that the world would be just fine when the year 2000 began (instead of the world is going to end and y2k.)
How much money would have people made by telling the world that nothing was going to happen a start of the year 2000?
None however people could make money by coming up with every possible "the world is going to end" predictions.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
People predict good things are going to happen all the time. However, they only tell a handful of people

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There are often two sides to every prediction too. Depending upon if you are good or bad or right versus left, etc. For example two different predictions could be considered good or bad.
one prediction: Bush is going to win the election.

or a second prediction: Kerry is going to win the election.

One person might think one reality would be awful if it came true while someone else would be happy about it. So a prediction and final result could be a happy one but it depends upon your viewpoint. Another example: Ohio State is going to win the next 4 games in football. Now if I was on the opposing team, I would think that's a terrible prediction.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
well by now everyone should know that nostradamus isn't all he's cracked up to be. he was/is thought as a great prophet, but his quatrains are paraphrased to fit in with events that happened, no relation whatsoever just cut 'n' paste!

Its like me saying "in the future there will be conflict and birds of war will drop spheres of fire on a settlement causing destruction" not bad eh?

Hey, i sometimes scare myself

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I thought of this thread when I heard that the news media was only focusing on the negative things happening in Iraq today. The media will only report bombings and killings for the most part. The positive things happening all over Iraq are not getting reported very much here in the US. The same thing applies to predictions. Everyone gets focused on the terrible and scary instead of listening to the happy or good predictions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join