It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Names

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have been doing some research on the subject of demons and found that their names are somewhat hard to come by. Most of the Christian sites I have visited only have names such as Greed, Anger, etc. These are more person demon names. Also many of the sites I found were RP sites, but I am looking for actual names.

If anyone has a link to a site that I could view a list or lists of names I would appreciate it.

No doubt there will be those of you who will try to detter me from continuing research on this topic. For you I have a simple message.

Give up.

I know perfectly well the dangers and risks involved in demonology and am quite willing to take responsibility for my actions.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Alot of demon and angel names are attributed to Milton. I have noticed that some of the names were originally from various mythologies that were then "demonised" by the early church. Lucifer is Roman, Baal I think is Sumerian, etc. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You can find a list of demons and descriptions of them in the online version of the Goetia, here

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I found this some time ago while researching some mythology: A Gallery of Demons

Odd

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Please don't do anything silly with that information. Demons are dangerous things, and could do a lot of damage if improperly interfered with.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Demons are dangerous things, and could do a lot of damage if improperly interfered with.

They will do alot of damage if properly interfered with! proceed with caution sir!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Reguardless of what anyone tells you, any names you come across will be those attributed by Man... For to know the true name of a thing would give you power over it, And do you actually think any Demonic entity would be stupid enough to do that?

[edit on 8-9-2004 by thethrall_nb]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
maybe the demon of stupid is stupid enuff

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Topic of Demons,

I personally struggle with a Religious or Spiritual Identity, I know I believe in something greater, I just am more inclined to believe that man in his inability to relate to concepts outside his domain, created deities, and power beings with similarites to his own to understand and relate to them better.

Take the concept of anthropomorphisim (spelling?), where people attribute human qualities to animals to better understand and relate to them.

I feel very strongly we do the same thing, for our answer to the unanswerable. Why is the sky blue? Becuase god did it, and blue is a color that pleases god.

Now Entering the Devils Advocate Zone, be warned.

Anywho, if Demon's and Angels exist as per the way most religions enforce they do, of course we would name them, How can you relate to something like electricity if you don't give it a name?

So Demon's and Angels have name's, because if they didn't how would we be able to tell the difference, how would we relate to goodness and evil, without labeling it?

That begs the question, who invented Good and Evil? Who established the rules for both? Hmmm Could it Satan? LOL I actually meant to say, man invented the concepts of good and evil as a way to describe actions relative to his or her community.

As a community needing to identify and relate, to what happens after they die, and why things they can't explain are the way they are. God did it, or The Devil did it. Or more correctly the Devil Made me do it, hehe.

What powers my TV? Some Magic force, which scientists have identified as an energy which is based on particles which flow with conductivity.

To question was the nature of the original Fallen Angel, Satan. It was his job title the opposing Angel of God, kind of like a 1st Officer on a Naval ship. He/She is there to offer alternatives, but ultimately support the orders of the Captain.

However in Christian texts, the Nature of the Opposer/Questioner grew beyond it's boundries, but it was God's will to make him that way.

So we as humans have the ability to question, to rationalize and to oppose,
Just as Satan did (I'm not embracing Satanism here, just making a point)

Satan was the First to receive free will, if God didn't see that as a limited success, he wouldn't have created our entire race to do the same.

In Closing, Names only have power if we attribute power to them. I got a little of thread, but I went roundabout to my answer on this.

Power is inherent, without a name the power would still exist, we just give it a label we know it by.

Devil's Advocate Finished, we now resume our normal programming...

My Thanks for your time,

-ADHDsux4me

Odd

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
According to the theories at work here, demons are independently-acting underlings of some greater overarcing force. In order to distinguish individual creatures, it is generally fairly expidient to assign some unique designation to each such individual, be it a 'name' or some other identifying quality.

This 'name', the identifying designation of any individual, is often purported to grant a practicioner of magic control over a metaphysical entity whose true 'name' is known.

Regardless, though, I think we can all agree that demons are dangerous things and ought not to be provoked any more than necessary. I urge extreme caution in dealing with them in any capacity.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Want a list of names, real names? It's quite easy, really... here it is, a step-by-step...

1. Get yourself a ouija board. No partners required, just you.

2. Have a tape recorder all set to go. This is essential, since there isn't a partner to jot down what is being written.

3. Candle-lit room. Using lamps will be too bright... the softer glow of a candle seems to me more effective (any kind of candle will do).

4. Turn on the recorder. Relaxing your mind and body, place hands on the pointer thingy. Verbally call out to a messenger spirit, and mentally search one out... if I may be so bold, the one I use likes to be called Nobody. Seriously! He is the most useful of messengers I have found... the only drawback is you have to ask questions in the negative (ie, What is not your name, what do you not do)... asking in a positive will result in no message. But anyway, find one that best suits you.

5. When you have found the one you wish (it'll feel differently than the others, more in tune to you), commence questioning, speaking out loud its responses.

-OR-

Try to find a tarot deck called "Mayan Elemental". This is a very interesting deck indeed, for the things you can do outside of the usual card tricks...

For some reason, each of these cards contains one or more entities. I don't know if the card represents them, or maybe the card is like a direct line to them... but there is something within each card.

1. Once again, ouija board, by yourself... tape recorder, candle...

2. Place any card UNDER the board. When you begin to talk through the board, you will only recieve the signals from the card... there will be no free-roaming spirits coming in, no 'outsideers', just you and the spirit which uses that card.

*This also works with a dollar bill (talk about root of all evil!), and a few other things...*

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Doller Bill eh?

Now thats interestering. ... Hmm...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
LMAO!!!! I was just doing a bit of 'refreshing' on necromancy last night!

www.satansheaven.com...
www.satansheaven.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Someone actually gave out the symbols and names of Demons, I thought we were supposed to casually skirt the issue, lol.

Oh Boy, poor sucker who uses this list.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
behold i say!

ABRACAX
AGALIAREPT
AGARES
ALOCER
AMDUSIAS
AMMIT
ANDRAS
ANDREALPHUS
APOLLYON
ASMODAI
ASTAROT
ASTAROTH
AZAZEL
AZIEL
BAEL
Balam
Baphomet
Barbatos
Beelzebub
Behemoth
Belial
Belphegor
Belzebut
Berith
Buer
Camio
Cassiel
Cerberus
Dagon
Eurynome
Flauros
Fleurety
Forcas
Furfur
Gaap
Gremory
Hakeldama
Harpy
Incubus
Ipos
Lucifer
Lucifuge Rofocale
Malphas
Mammon
Marchocias
Mephistopheles
Moloch
Nebiros
Ophis
Orobas
Paimon
Pan
Pazuzu
Phoenix
Purson
Ronwe
Sallos
Sargatanas
Satan
Satanachia
Shax
Stolas
THE ANTICHRIST
Theutus
Three-headed Serapis
Typhon
Urobach
Uvall
Volac

found all of these with bios in a file at the depths of my computer. the site i got them from years ago no longer exists. here is the url though, it doesnt work. enjoy! dfh out. dontyson.tripod.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
According to the theories at work here, demons are independently-acting underlings of some greater overarcing force. In order to distinguish individual creatures, it is generally fairly expidient to assign some unique designation to each such individual, be it a 'name' or some other identifying quality.

This 'name', the identifying designation of any individual, is often purported to grant a practicioner of magic control over a metaphysical entity whose true 'name' is known.

Regardless, though, I think we can all agree that demons are dangerous things and ought not to be provoked any more than necessary. I urge extreme caution in dealing with them in any capacity.

actually, the I think the Identifying factor most of creation would use would be it's "tone"....we all have our own unique vibration, with it's own unique "sound"

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Please don't do anything silly with that information. Demons are dangerous things, and could do a lot of damage if improperly interfered with.

This is exactly what I meant by trying to warn me.

Two things must be considered in my dealing with these warnings.

1. I have been studying the paranormal for about 6 years. I know what I am doing.

2. If I truely wanted to do damage (which I don't), I wouldn't need to conjure or summon or make a pact with another entity. I would just blow something up. It's that simple.

So please people, stop trying to warn me. The more I am warned, the more I feel the need to defy these warnings. So stop.

For those that actually gave me what I was looking for, thanks for the weblinks! I found them extremely helpful!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
though there is a vibe around me saying i shouldn't do this, i'm going to anyway, since my merely providing information is not evil nor calls to evil. it is only your intent and the choices you make.

anyway... there is a book set (2 books) called "Encyclopedia of Occultism & Parapsychology" edited by Leslie A Shepard, printed by Avon (the version I have is from 1980, but there are newer versions-I believe there is currently a 5th). The ISBN of the first volume is 0-380-48835-3 and the second volume is 0-380-48975-9. I believe you will find this quite useful.

Also, in the spirit of lists, check out this thread p068.ezboard.com...

Do as ye will...

[edit on 9/9/04 by ishari]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks Earthscum. Up until now I didn't have any symbols regarding demons. That was a helpful link.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by daniel191159]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel191159

Demons don't have individual personalities. They run in groups sort of speak. Thats why you hear christians say the "lust" demon or "greed" demon. Demons are associated with: Lust, sexual perversion, anger, hate, lying and so on. Remember the demon in the bible that was tormenting a man. The demons identified themselves as: "Legion" and they called themselves "legion" because they were many. Demons don't have individual names like shirley or mike. They are grouped together.
One demon is called "Mare" That's how we get the term Night Mare.
These demons harass people with bad dreams.
You'll find more on demonlogy at the library. Try christian websites that teach about witchcraft. They usually give names of demons.
I'm a born again christian and although I'm not afraid of Demons because I've got JESUS, you don't want to open any spiritual doors that you can't close. Once a spiritual door has been open, you'll need GOD TO CLOSE IT!! You'll be looking for GOD THEN.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join