It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on the NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here's a video of Ron Paul describing his thoughts on the NDAA. He also points out to a person in the crowd that Americans are in fact not exempt from it, despite the misleading wording within the bill. This truly is a congregation of American patriots. It's good to see that liberty and respect for the Constitution is still thriving:

"We've essentially repealed our Bill of Rights"

edit on 20-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We need to understand the reason why our “leaders” voted for such an offensive bill. What do they see coming in the future where they needed to pass this in such hast? Economic and social collapse? They side stepped the FBI, CIA, Police, and gave all prosecuting power to the military A.K.A Marshal law. This bill should scare the Living (bleep) out of you.

My father came into my office yesterday after reading the bill and told me " you know its now our dute as Citizens to defend the constitution"

I fear what’s coming down the road is not going to be pretty for the average American.

edit on 20-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't care what any ATS'ers say. Now I've heard it from Dr Paul I know it's true. I fear for you guys across the pond.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

They voted for one of two reasons: They're either corrupt and are contributing to the tyranny that's been building up and accelerating in recent years, or they're completely clueless and brainwashed by the nonstop "terrorists are gonna getchya!" propaganda.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
We need to understand the reason why our “leaders” voted for such an offensive bill. What do they see coming in the future where they needed to pass this in such hast?

I fear what’s coming down the road is not going to be pretty for the average American.

It's quite frightening frankly. This bill pretty much enacted martial law across the entire planet. So if your an American that doesn't like living in the United States and pack up and leave, whats to keep them from going to your new location handcuffing you up and shipping you out to to the bay or other places like it? Frightening times we live in.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
isn't this what the 2nd ammendment is supposed to allow you protection from? if the goverment tries to do you over big style you just turn up in a nice peaceful protest while packing guns and let the politicians know that they should go and "bleep" themselves?
edit on 20-12-2011 by Maxatoria because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Peaceful protests are a thing of the past that never truly worked anyway. To defeat these guys we need to start getting violent. If some politician back in the day tried to pass a law like this, the white house or the house of congress would be overrun by the people and burned to the ground. The a holes in power now know that isn't something we'd resort to, so maybe we need to show them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Sadly, I believe you are right, but also something that comes to mind, I believe they are pushing the buttons to see how far they can take it before the people do get violent, once people get violent, then they'll have an excuse to "deal" with us a certain way.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
We need to understand the reason why our “leaders” voted for such an offensive bill. What do they see coming in the future where they needed to pass this in such hast? Economic and social collapse? They side stepped the FBI, CIA, Police, and gave all prosecuting power to the military A.K.A Marshal law. This bill should scare the Living (bleep) out of you.

My father came into my office yesterday after reading the bill and told me " you know its now our dute as Citizens to defend the constitution"

edit on 20-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I am afraid I agree with you 100%.

Funny thing happened today. At my place of employment I am the only "conspiracy theorist" here. A few people I work with know just how deep my theories run, but for the most part everyone knows I am the conspiracy theorist.

For the most part there is no one I can talk to you about these things. There is one former Marine I can talk to about Politics, the wars, Government type of things and that is where is pretty much ends. Today however was different. People I work with were actually in a side room talking in whispers about the future. Mainly the subject was 2012 and how to be prepared should something happen. Many are of the opinion that the biggest threat is going to be a full economic collapse.

I just found it interesting that people who normally just go about their day to day lives are actually starting to think in advance and outside the box. I of course made sure a few of them were aware of the NDAA. It made several very uneasy.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
I don't care what any ATS'ers say. Now I've heard it from Dr Paul I know it's true. I fear for you guys across the pond.

Peace

its not just americans if they label anyone a terrorist you're gone
and they define terrorist extremely loosely
( i may be a little off because im not american so if i am wrong please correct me)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I feel vindicated and saddened at the same time, in many other posts on here I have been arguing this point and people don't believe it. Not only Ron Paul but other congressmen and senators have also confirmed that US citizens are not exempt. To many people turning a blind eye to this and from what has been happening to our country for years, now it may be to late.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

I believe you are correct, I have read the bill and the offending sections over and over, keeps coming up bad. I am trying to remember which Senator (Lyndsay Grahm?) was explaining it the other day, basically what was done was US land was declared part of the battlefield on the war on terror. That being done, circumvents the constitution. So now everyone is included.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Some would say Paul is crazy. To them I would say: "Soooo Racking up 15+ Trillion in debt & collapsing the economy is........Normal???"

The phenomenon of Ron Paul is, he'll give it to you straight. He's not worried about losing votes. He's more interested in telling you the truth.

"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest."
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's beginning to look like 2012 is going to be a man made event. I don't believe in niburu, but somethings going down next year, and I think everyone can feel it. I'll start praying now, and I'm not even religious.

" Can anyone hear me up there? God, Allah,......Xenu?

new topics

top topics

join