It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 01: Ron Paul Kim Jung il Pepsi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The first episode of ATS RECAP is here, covering three of the latest topics including death to Kim Jong-Il, Ron Paul slamming Michelle Bachmann and The Dubai Pepsi can, 9/11 resemblence. We review of some fun crazy facts in the life of Kim Jong-Il; highlights an ATS members' comment on the Iran debate between Ron Paul and Michelle Bachmann; and shows the Pepsi can design photo that has been blowing up Facebook. Also we found a post deep within the threads of ATS displaying a new building in Seoul, South Korea scheduled to be completed in 2015 that may have more of a 9/11 resemblance than the Dubai Pepsi can. Enjoy the show and don't be shy, we need you to to know what to say.

VideoRon Paul vs. Michelle Bachmann on Iran Fox Iowa Debate 12-15-11

Response Ron Paul DESTROYS Bachmann on Iran war debate

Thread detachedIndividual

Thread BREAKING NEWS* Public Policy Polling : Ron Paul the FRONT RUNNER @ 23% in Iowa

Thread Kim Jong-il Has Died

Thread Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

Thread Proposed South Korean Towers Resemble EXPLODING WTC Twin Towers

Thread Do these South korean building remind you of anything? 9/11???
edit on 8-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I know it is just the first video, so please bear with me. I just wish to offer some constructive criticism, since you asked for opinions.

Most of the threads talked about were very good and important threads, but there are a few threads that I feel were a bit more important than some picked. I.E the pepsi can thread. Were there not more relevant threads than that to recap?

I watch this video... and...well... It just reminds me of something I would see on MTV. The way it looks just does not seem to be aimed at the proper demographic. It looks like a video made for teenagers. But that could just be me.

Also, I have no personal problem with this guy cussing However,( And this is a big however ) because this is an ATS production, I think professionalism needs to be considered. I see no reason for him to cuss. Also because it is an ATS production, I do think you should be holding yourself to the same rules that the members are held to... So, I say leave out the cussing...

Last, the guy was a bit mono-tone and it is obvious he is reading a script( Obvious to me), but it is his first video, so I think that will go away as he gets more used to what he is doing. That is not to say he should stick to the script. It is just too obvious that there is a script involved. This is more a critique on his vocals coming across as a bit unnatural.

Anyway, I have been on and around television production ( both sides of the camera , so to speak) and those are my bits of constructive criticism. You asked for our opinions, so don't beat me up too badly

edit on 20-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Uhhhh my video didn't work. Trying again.

edit: well I guess I see why the video isn't working after reading the above post.
edit on 20-12-2011 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

Edit2: Ok got it to work. To young, herky jerky, for me. Obviously meant for the 20 something crowd. Which is exactly what we need on ATS. More "I know more than you because of all my life experiences, and I don't have to listen to what you have to say because I know I'm right" crowd. If I had my preference I would like it to be more intelligently presented. Loose the "I just robbed the 7/11 look, have the dude shave, and stop the jerky editting. I don't think it is a failure, just not my cup of tea.
edit on 20-12-2011 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I dont think it should be "celebrated" when a man dies. Your little video montage was disgraceful IMO. Didnt watch the rest of the video.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I'm totally gonna watch this!

Cos that Kim Jong Il Thread is mine

SnF

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yes, I agree with all of this

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
It just reminds me of something I would see on MTV.

Keep in mind that a significant aspect of these videos are outreach-related in that they may be helpful for those unfamiliar with ATS.

Also, I have no problem with this guy cussing

I authorized the occasional mid-level swearing when it makes sense. But there won't be overt and gratuitous vulgarities. The same applied to our ATS and member podcasts -- since it's not written and searchable, occasional swearing was allowed.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I authorized the occasional mid-level swearing when it makes sense. But there won't be overt and gratuitous vulgarities. The same applied to our ATS and member podcasts -- since it's not written and searchable, occasional swearing was allowed.

You left out a big part of my quote and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about what my opinion is. I continued to say:

However, because this is an ATS production, I think professionalism needs to be considered. I see no reason for him to cuss. Also because it is an ATS production, I do think you should be holding yourself to the same rules that the members are held to... So, I say leave out the cussing...

I would not be surprised ( And I doubt you would either )if people take issue with your host not being held to the same standards that the members are held to. It also comes across as unprofessional. But that is just my opinion.

I also thought it was a bad idea to allow cussing on the podcasts.

Again, just constructive criticism. Your video, your site, your rules to break.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Very well done

Sounded fine to me, not monotone at all..

I think RP surprised Bachman with his obvious annoyance at her (dare I say), ignorance on reality..

Looking forward to the next one!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Please tell me this is not replacing "The truth is viral"? I find that a lot more informative and professional. Sorry, I just think if your goal is reaching a different demographic perhaps, this is not the way to do it IMO. Like gimme said, at least pick more relevant stories. There was NO substance at all in the Kim jong il video. And that is a WORLD changing event that should be taken a little more seriously IMO. So.....Is Bob Powell still going to be taking us "viral"? I already miss him

PS sorry to be so critical, but just my two cents

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.comEnjoy the show and don't be shy, we need you to to know what to say.

Also,please do not think I am just being mean or what have you. You asked for opinions, so I just threw in my constructive criticism.

I see GREAT potential for the show and look forward to the next one. But I do hope my criticisms are taken into consideration...Because that potential remains far from reached, in my humble opinion

And I do want to stress I am speaking only for myself.

Though I do agree that I hope " The Truth Is Viral" Sticks around. Good show

Peace and love.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
It just reminds me of something I would see on MTV.

Keep in mind that a significant aspect of these videos are outreach-related in that they may be helpful for those unfamiliar with ATS.

Just one more thought and I will leave you alone

If your goal is to reach people who are unfamiliar with ATS, do you think maybe we should try to reach them with a video that will get them much more accurately familiar with ATS? If your goal is to familiarize outsiders to ATS, then I think they would get the wrong idea about what ATS is, from this particular video.

Again, it reminds me of something I could see on MTV and ATS is far from MTV...

My humble opinion. Shutting up now

Peace and love.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Great feedback! This is the first video of many to come and I do appreciate all your comments. I am the man behind the camera and even though there was a written script - I went off the cuff causing many takes and a marathon of editing for our producer..

The plan is to select good important threads, implement members comments and make the show all about ATS. Thanks for watching and replying! I will not let you down come Wednesday!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by codegreenspace

Thank you very much for hearing me out and like I said, I hope you guys to take into consideration, my feedback.

I see great potential for this video series that remains untapped, so I am excited to see the next one!

Thank you also for putting up with me and my constructive criticism. I mean well, honest.

Peace and love.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by codegreenspace

I cannot watch the video yet

My dial up internet connection is too slow!!!

grrrrrrr!!!

But the next time I am in wifi on my phone I will watch it!

All I know its kinda cool to have one of your threads featured in something like this

I film a lot of Youtube Videos and when that camera is on you...
staying on script takes away the "moment"

Thats why I dropped the script and "live on the edge"

ps...

I like a little cursing...
I am an adult I can handle a swear words...
Actually in my day to day I use a LOT of "Colorful Metaphors"

And concerning professionalism...

Studies show....

Bad language could be good for you, a new study shows.

Source

And... I remembering once reading that a boss who drops the F-Bomb in a non-violent, non-personnel directed matter is more respected than one who doesnt... Cant find the study online...
oh well...
F it haha

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Anyway, I look forward to seeing the next video and how it turns out.

Thanks again for hearing me out and taking my constructive criticism into consideration.

Like I have said, I think a video recap of ATS and it's threads has great potential. Potential that remains untapped ( In my opinion).

So, good luck to you and thanks again for putting up with me.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I liked it. Except for the party dance part for Kim Jong. i thought that was un professional.
And I think the subjects should be told without a bias tone. Example I like Ron Paul and I hope he does win, but I saw this segment was said with a tone of in your face other candidates, Ron Paul is kicking your butt. What he said was right but without the cockiness I think.

And there must be something wrong with me because I didn’t notice any swearing.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I didn't notice the swearing either.
As for content... we need 'outreach' vids that cover the other topics other then just political.
Most of the politics is America centric and ATS has members from all over the world, not to mention possible new members.

Lets see some alien/paranormal/cryptozoological/e.t.c content as that's what i came here for in the first place and, possibly, so did/will many others.

Didn't notice any stunted acting performance though.

I have to admit it did have a rather flashy 'MTV' sorta vibe about it, but that's always gonna get attention.
And while ATSer's don't generally appreciate that approach it doesn't mean that the 'uninformed' will have the same bias.

And again... where's the swearing? maybe i'm just jaded and don't even notice anymore

Great little show, make it a great longer show.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I watched.

Mind you, I don't watch TV either.

I watched this video... and...well... It just reminds me of something I would see on MTV. The way it looks just does not seem to be aimed at the proper demographic. It looks like a video made for teenagers. But that could just be me.

I liked the length (short and easy, like a recap should be), I liked the music, however irreverent but fitting. I like Brian as host.

Therefore, I'll reserve judgement until the next episode on Wednesday. I can't decide where this is going, until I've seen more. MHO.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The presenter did a good job I think, but the jumpy and fuzzy way this was edited made it very annoying to watch for me. It distracted from the message too much. I guess this is meant for a very young audience, so older folks like me will probably just keep on reading the good old threads in the old fashioned way without the distractions.

Edit to add: I didn't notice any swearing. It probably wouldn't have bothered me much anyway.

edit on 20-12-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: spelling...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join