It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea - The Hawks are still circling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Shocking!! The news of N. Korea's leader dying has already brought out the Hawks. We get to witness officials play both sides on yet another issue. On one hand they roll out Clinton to play the moderate card. 

Link

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham has expressed hopes for improved relations with North Korea in her first public comments on the death of its leader Kim Jong Il.

Clinton said the situation on the Korean Peninsula was "evolving." She was speaking Monday after meeting at the State Department with visiting Japanese Foreign Minister.

Then they march out someone else to beat the war drum. 

Link

Former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Pete Hoekstra tells Newsmax that North Korea will “continue to be belligerent” following the death of longtime leader Kim Jong Il.

And he warns that the new regime in the reclusive communist state may seek to send signals indicating that it remains “someone to be feared.”

“The first thing we have to recognize is that over the past 10 or 15 years how unpredictable North Korea is and how little our intelligence community is able to get information and actually be able to predict what may or may not happen,” he says.

He also tells Newsmax that pressure from the United States and its allies seeking to take advantage of the change in leadership would most likely serve only to strengthen the hardliners in the North Korean regime.
“This is not a great time to be negotiating with them to open up to the West,” according to Hoekstra.

In typical Obama fashion we get spoon fed a big dose of the "hope and change" BS followed by business as usual.

Does anyone think the US/N.Korea relationship is really going to change now??

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
LOL. No, I don't think it will change. The people would have to rise up and retake their liberties first.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They're just repeating what they are expected to say. Clinton is not alone in that statement about hoping for change in NK, I think every government to comment on it other than Russia and China has included the statement about hoping for change.

What does anyone really expect them to say?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The Next thing you know , we will hear reports out of Washington that North Korea is now Secretly Arming Iran will Nuclear Missles . We gotta Stop that , Right ! ..........What can we do ? Attack Iran ? .Hmm.......

edit on 19-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
They're just repeating what they are expected to say. Clinton is not alone in that statement about hoping for change in NK, I think every government to comment on it other than Russia and China has included the statement about hoping for change.

What does anyone really expect them to say?

Yeah, but has anyone besides the US marched a second person out to say "NK will remain belligerent"?

Nope! Just us!

I hope for the best and expect the worst. I've seen no indication from our government to expect anything new. NK remains on the hit list.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
LOL. No, I don't think it will change. The people would have to rise up and retake their liberties first.

I'm sure that won't happen; there's no indication. Besides, the Iranians rose up and wanted our help and Obama turned his back - Now we're about to attack Iran.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
kim jung il didn't fit in well with the new world order plans for the third great war.

his son will be much more easily manipulated into war.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by seabag

The Next thing you know , we will hear reports out of Washington that North Korea is now Secretly Arming Iran will Nuclear Missles . We gotta Stop that , Right ! ..........What can we do ? Attack Iran ? .Hmm.......

edit on 19-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Washington has already claimed NK has been helping Iran in it's pursuit of nukes.

And we are about to attack Iran...likely before the next election. Like they say...never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Im reading this though I fail to see any war drums a beating... seems like a typical response to me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Im reading this though I fail to see any war drums a beating... seems like a typical response to me.

Well, first he says NK will continue to be belligerent then he accuses them of nuclear proliferation. Looks like he's building the case to keep them in the same light.

says he remains concerned about North Korea’s trafficking of nuclear materials, citing the reactor in Syria that was destroyed by the Israelis, which had North Korea’s “fingerprints all over it.”

North Korea could already be trafficking with other countries, including Iran, he adds.

Sounds like Washington is playing both sides to me; they talk about "hope and change" while they also say nothing will change. Remember that NK is part of the "axis of evil" and needs to be stopped?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by seabag

I probably would of use the word stubborn instead of belligerent. its more like echos of a beating drum. these accusations are nothing new or unexpected.

"Sounds like Washington is playing both sides to me." yeap, that's typical of washington...

new topics

top topics

join