It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware the Coming Bailouts of Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The economic establishment in this country has come to the conclusion that it is not a matter of "if" the United States must intervene in the bailout of the euro, but simply a question of "when" and "how".

Europe's economic depression is the result of the euro's very structure, a fiat money system that allowed member governments to spend themselves into oblivion and expect that someone else would pick up the tab.

A multi-trillion dollar European aid package cannot be undertaken by Europe alone, and will require IMF and Federal Reserve involvement. The Federal Reserve already has pumped trillions of dollars into the US economy with nothing to show for it. Just considering Fed involvement in Europe is ludicrous.

Ron Paul delivers straight up. One would have to think that given the deplorable economic conditions in the US, high unemployment and growing concern by her citizens that this could potentially be the tipping point. How the Federal Reserve is able to commit these obscene numbers without due consideration for the problems that lie within is unbelievable. To be honest I'm surprised it is even being made public considering the Fed's surreptitious methods as witnessed with the exposed 2008 bank handouts.

Do Americans stand by idly and slack jawed while the Fed commits more insane measures or is there potential here for a new "arab spring" via homeland USA in 2012 ? The article summary says it all:

We have an unsustainable amount of debt here at home; it is hardly fair to US taxpayers to take on Europe's debt as well. That will only ensure an accelerated erosion of the dollar and a lower standard of living for all Americans.

src
brill

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Bailing out Europe is a world of pain I advise all countries not to get involved with. All I read in the papers here (Holland) is financial cuts, economic austerity and similar BS, year in, year out. Obviously that is just to let the people know that the coming year will be even worse than the previous one, financially speaking. No pay rises, increased and/or new taxes and levies and the slow removal of any money people might have left over.

A loan from the IMF is usually the last thing that could be called "help". I personally believe it's how they keep us all locked into un-repayable debt.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just more proof that it is simply an unworkable system, and doomed to crash and burn.

It's like a slow motion train wreck. Not by accident.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I believe they will do whatever it takes to delay the inevitable and create a controlled implosion.

Think about it, if we already know that the €, $ and £ are all likely doomed in the next ten years, would it be better to have a slow decline, or have everything collapse at once within several days?

I firmly believe that the € will collapse within the next six months, and that this will cause a collapse of other currencies too. I think a lot of people feel the same. But having everything go in one short space of time will cause immeasurable chaos, we're talking revolutions throughout the western world.
They can't have that kind of chaos on such a massive scale, so they will try anything to create a slow collapse.

We all know about the frog and the boiling water...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This stock market trader shocked the news team with his honesty about what he thinks is coming.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What is coming will be one of the largest historical moments in human history. Once Europe falls, it will create a chair reaction that will affect all humans on this earth. We are at the dawn of a new dark age.
edit on 20-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think you're being a little dramatic, when the eur fails the countries in Europe will eventually pick up the pieces and work something out, if that means as Europe as a whole or as each country to it's own that is the real question. Europe was fine before the Euro, it'll be fine after the Euro simply because it'll have to be.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Traydor
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think you're being a little dramatic, when the eur fails the countries in Europe will eventually pick up the pieces and work something out, if that means as Europe as a whole or as each country to it's own that is the real question. Europe was fine before the Euro, it'll be fine after the Euro simply because it'll have to be.

I think you under estimate the severity of the situation. this is not a currency problem, it’s a debt problem that is now affecting goverments.

your basing your argument that everything is going to be ok "because it has to be" haha

good luck with that. thats what Rome was saying

edit on 20-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Watched the Kieser report last night which I have posted link below. A lot of things that I found interesting including that the UK has the worst GDP of any country and mention that the IMF is trying to move to a World Goverment.

Also menaitons about UK Facebook users which I have to agree with

edit on 20-12-2011 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yesterday a purported independent trader going by the name Alessio Rastani appeared on BBC and said some delicious things, namely that he’s been dreaming about a recession and that Goldman Sachs rules the world.....But then talk circulated that Rastani might be a member of Yes Men, a collective of impersonators. Was his little talk a hoax?

Source

I'm not questioning the severity of the crisis, just thought this was interesting.
edit on 20-12-2011 by DelMarvel because: added material

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

Pretty sure that guy has been proven to be an actor(!)

Or were you joking? (either way, people do not need to be propagating)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Yesterday a purported independent trader going by the name Alessio Rastani appeared on BBC and said some delicious things, namely that he’s been dreaming about a recession and that Goldman Sachs rules the world.....But then talk circulated that Rastani might be a member of Yes Men, a collective of impersonators. Was his little talk a hoax?

Source

I'm not questioning the severity of the crisis, just thought this was interesting.
edit on 20-12-2011 by DelMarvel because: added material

He appears legit at least based on his website and some of other findings. Naturally anything on the 'Net should be taken cautiously. That BBC segment was from Sept/11 if I recall but it sure packed a punch. I agree with camaro68ss, this crisis is not something that will be quickly swept under the rug, a lot of people are going to suffer and already are.

Maybe he's Tyler Durden via ZeroHedge unmasked

brill

new topics

top topics

join