It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gmo trees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I did an ats search and didnt really find anything on gmo trees, and im wondering why, these things could be one of the biggest threats to the environment from gmo. I didnt even know about it until i found this documentary a while back
www.youtube.com...
anyways the knid of damage that these can do, they can start to take over most our forests, in enough years. plus they create mini deserts around them ,its very concenring

P.S.
were there any posts on this topic because like i said, i found nothing really, so if anyone has anything from ats post the link

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm currently watching the video and the first thing that came to mind is Col Sanders

This video is making me sad
Its too bad that guy had to cut down ALL his trees.

Also that motion that no matter how it got infected, its no longer the owners but Monsatos (maker of round up)

I thank you for bringing this to my attention.
edit on 19-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nice Docu

This is the real threat to mankind

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

My thoughts exactly, the cost of gmo usually seems to outweigh the benifit

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Maybe you or other posters already heard of this but I read recently that the bugs and weeds sprayed continuously with Round Up are developing resistance to it thereby making the whole GM food crop thing slowly redundant. Is there any evidence of the crop itself reverting its "state"? I don't have the vocabulary to google it effectively but maybe someone here more knowledgeable knows? Can/do GM plants ever shed their GM-ness?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I've hard of a bug and a fungus that are now immune to roundup

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was only able to watch a portion of the provided clip, forgive me. But my Grandfather owns a Pine tree farm in MD, USA. Douglas fir and white pine grow strong, healthy, and reliably. Fraser Fir, which are not from the immediate area, but still on the eastern side have extreme difficulty growing/adapting to the current location. A certain 'tree mite' is attracted to mainly that specific tree and stunts its grow or kills it. (I do not not know alot about it, as I only aid my grandfather on certain weekends and this is what I hear from him).

Now that is just an example of 'natural' circumstances. I cannot imagine the situation a GMO tree would provide...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

Well from what I remember, the trees are still in test phase, their not being regulated yet but that may have changed in recent

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If we keep on like this, we won't need "alien meteorites"...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hopefully it won't get that bad
Hopefully

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Jesus....

Jesus?...

Jeeeeesus?.........

damn.

Serious: This is absolutely ridiculous, whats the point? DON'T TELL ME, because I don't care...its already not good enough!

GMO is deliberate terror as far as I am concerned...honestly...anything else is just an excuse(s) in my eyes. I'm pretty sure we were fine with the vegetation that was already here.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZacharyW

Yes but the vegetation we have is less profitable

new topics

top topics

join